Manage New Born And Work Along And Alone

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by shwetapj, Jul 5, 2016.

1. shwetapj

shwetapj Silver IL'ite

Hi

I am due in November. I am in my 5th month. I already posted this thread in another section but did not get any replies. I want help in this case that is why I though of posting here. I want to ask all you experienced ladies if it is possible to manage newborn and work alone? Because I do not have anybody coming to help after my delivery and also I cannot leave my work as well. I work from home and at least I need to give 2-3 hours daily except Sunday. This work is my source of income and hence I cannot leave it. Experienced ladies please help me suggest if its possible then how?

Thanks

2. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

Can you hire someone to stay with you who can take care of the baby?? The help in India what makes post pregnancy a bit easier.

3. sslkgpaa

sslkgpaa Gold IL'ite

Yes. It is possible. You need to plan your day in advance. Baby sleeps for around 15-18 hrs for first few months. But since they keep getting up every couple of hours you would not be able to work in continuation.
    You also would need to get enough rest to recover otherwise you will end up spoiling your and your baby's health. What is the baby's father doing btw. You can expect him to either run the home or take care of baby.

4. shwetapj

shwetapj Silver IL'ite

hi sslkgpaa
    its a relief to hear than yes this can be managed alone. My husband is a business man and he has his own work to look after and also he would be having a busy schedule after baby's birth. Probably he would have hardly anytime to stay home to take care of the baby. I have planned to hire a maid who will take care of breakfast, lunch, dinner, clothes and cleaning so that I can only have the task of taking care of the baby and my work. I dont have anybody to come over to help me that is why i am posting this thread. If I have a normal delivery probably I would need rest for about a week. because I cannot take rest more than that as I will have to bounce back to take care of my work.