1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

mamma don't worry

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by arthimahalakshm, Jun 27, 2013.

1. arthimahalakshm

arthimahalakshm Gold IL'ite

india is the land of unity in diversity
    apart from its different languages,different cultures,different religions there is one more rope available to bind the people.you may think why i am talking about national integration now that too in the month of june?
    no; the service done by our airforce in uttarkhand also does not make to sing a song about national integration.
    as i having been lived in different parts of india,i find one more thing unite the people of india.
    yes.i
    wherever i go and start my living,i have to face this question without fail.yesterday also this faq was asked to me.
    whether they are my neighbors,servant maids,vegetable vendors it doesn't matter.surely they ask me this question.
    even some of them would start their lecture that i have done some mistake by not 'having' (blessed?) that.some of them
    go further to start their advice that i should had gone for it.
    but i always wonder what makes them to ask me this question .
    is it because i am happy with what i am having?
    is it because my attitude indirectly creates insecurity in them?
    am i an ignorant about this matter even though i am a pg degree holder?

or else is it because i never felt my 'fault' as a mother of two GIRLS?
    now i hope that you have got the 'Q' which is usually being asked to me .
    yes
    i am having only two girls.
    i have not given birth to any male child.
    i am happy with the progress of my dds.
    till today i had not felt me missing the 'security' which only can be provided by a son when i am old.

even yesterday also i was asked by the mil of my new neighbor.
    earlier i tried to answer this silly q by saying girls are also important in life.in order to defend their strategy they would continue their lectures.
    as having children is not a ordered one,i didn't want to continue myself population increasing machine.
    it doesn't mean that i am against boys.but at the same time when it is not in my hand why should i worry about it?so yesterday when that lady asked me that i said yes with a smile and turned inside.
    but i wanted to say that by having two dds i have missed nothing in my life.if sons are not there in my life no problem.because i am going to have sons-in-law.
    i am not under compulsion to be greedy in having accets.instead whatever i am having i can happily divide among my dds.
    when my husband returned,i told him to arrange for pension plan which would help me not to depend on my dds.on hearing this my elder dd said mamma 'you don't worry;we are there;and i will take care of both of you'
    for a mother what else be needed?

2 people like this.

2. Swasha

Swasha Gold IL'ite

Dear OP,

My parents also faced the same silly questions all around the world from Indian neighbours as we are both daughters. For that My Dad's used to laugh and say on funny note "We are lucky right not to have boy, Atleast we dont get beatings from DILs in our old age".

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  3. arthimahalakshm

Swasha

thank you for your first fb.
    it is not at all necessary for me to face the same problem like others for only having given birth to girls.

4. Swasha

Swasha Gold IL'ite

Oh, Arthimahalakshmi,

you got me wrong.

We are 2 girls for our parents and every one used to irritate my Dad saying that he dont have boys, for that he used reply "it is good that we dont have boys, No Boys, So no beatings from DILs"

5. arthimahalakshm

your reply did not hurt me..actually my reply was to the people who advice me the importance of sons in the life. they generally say me that when i become old only boys can support me blah blah.and they try to give some eg of those who suffered by not having sons.

1 person likes this.
  6. Swasha

Swasha Gold IL'ite

Ommm, People have this misconception that only Boys will take care of their parents. In my opinion, Every responsible Child (whether it is a gal or boy)will try their best to take care of their parents

7. arthimahalakshm

nowadays the scenario changes and even if girls are not able to take care of parents it doesn't meant the life ends then and there.

8. plakshmi

plakshmi Gold IL'ite

HI

how many boys take responsible to take care of their parents? even if they do their so called beloved wife wont allow? so there is no point who will take care of us in old age. in all ages only GOD should take care of us.
    i can give list of people who is not taking care of their parents. people who are in usa leave them out even in India many of them do not take care of it.

lakshmi

1 person likes this.
  9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Radha,
    Even parents who have sons do not want to depend on them. They want to be independent and make their own arrangements. There are people who do not have children and don't they survive?
    Just ignore people's comments on this matter.
    PS

1 person likes this.
  10. arthimahalakshm

thank you for your kind words mam.
    i always ignore this type of talks.but i wonder people exist like them and feel achieved if they are blessed with sons.