Making love during 7th Month pregnancy...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sheamenon, Mar 15, 2010.

1. shrutidunwoody

shrutidunwoody Bronze IL'ite

Just ask your doctor about it and if she says ok then only go for it. Every person is different during pregnancy. Your doctor knows you well so she has to tell you ok for going ahead. You dont have to get embarrassed to ask your doctor as its common for a women to feel it.

2. Savithri

Savithri Senior IL'ite

I am pregnant too, and we have been having sex from day 1 of conception till now, i am 24weeks pregnant. There is no reason y u shud stop, except ur doc says otherwise. U just have to try diff positions and stuff..

Dont stress on it! Have fun and i wish u a safe pregnancy!

TC

3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Looks like evryone is having sex except me. My doc told me not to. Every time I go see her, she reminds me...'i hope you are not having sex"...:drowning
    Been 4 months now :drowning and another 7 months at least until i can think of it.

4. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

Rakhii,include me in your list.My cervix is extremely tight.dont know what is going to happen during labor:drowning

5. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thats what I am mostly worried about CM. I am doing kegal exercise and also going to yoga. I am hoping it wil come in handy. My doctor also told me to walk as much as I can, apparently that wil help too. Try any of those. I am trying all the 3.

I pity my hubby so much...though he is not saying it, I can see that he wants it but both of us are helpless.

6. stalin4d

stalin4d Senior IL'ite

Hi savithri,

how r u? sorry its bit late of replying you actually i was in the search
    that its possible to have sex during pregnancy and i read your reply which gave me
    shock. well I have a doubt how it is possible that from the day of conception you can have sex?
    actually its adviced by everybody that from the 4th month only we can have sex upto
    8th or 9th month, but you had proceeded from the day of conception which can harm
    the offspring inside because we had experienced this.

i m confused of your reply.

7. Dwirakhi

Dwirakhi Silver IL'ite

Dear She

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Babies are conceived out of an intercourse but born out of nurturing, love and care.

If the mother has a normal pregnancy with no conditions attached, no episodes of cramping, bleeding after an intercourse or no significant previous history of threatened abortions then there is no need to fear. Once a woman peaks or orgasms there are mild contractions in her uterus but without any other history or conditions there is no threat to the pregnancy.

There is no way to make contact with your baby through your vagina during an intercourse. The man's organ does not reach anywhere close to the baby and there are many a barriers between.

Most men are also scared about not hurting and making their women feel uncomfortable during the act. They do see and realize the challenges and changes that goes through their partners body and mind during the pregnancy. As there is nothing much they can do to help they try not to add up.

What is most important at this time is to indulge in a lot of physical proximity of the non sexual kind. Hold hands, lie on each other’s lap, rub each other's shoulder and neck, massage the feet, hug and cuddle .It is very essential for the bonding between the couple and with the baby. Get your spouse to rub oil or a cream on your tummy. Sensitize him; tell him about the pregnancy how the baby grows and what's happening in your body.

Before you finally have your baby and be a family, these are the days that you get to be a couple, the baby will be taking in a lot of time attention from the couple's share. So enjoy each other, take strolls together, do the small and simple things that mean anything to the both you. Bonding affection caring will lead the way. Bask in love soak in this gift called life and all its small blessings and let your baby be nourished in body heart and soul.

Take care…

Love you…

Rakhi

8. stalin4d

stalin4d Senior IL'ite

Hi Rakhi,

As per your reply i m little bit away from the scare, but is there any specific periods or time to have intercourse during a pregnancy, i mean from which
    month to which month. actually i didn't got the reply for my previous post in
    this thread.

Can you Advice Us...

Thanks in Advance,

Stanlee...

9. virilevisu

virilevisu Senior IL'ite

Hi...

here is a copy paste from one of the sites..... hope it helps....

On the Edge of Missionary: Lie her on her back at the side or foot of the bed with her knees bent, and her feet perched at the edge of the mattress. You can either kneel or stand in front of her. This also should not be performed after the fourth month

From the middle to the end, positioning gets even better...

Second Trimester Positions: 4-6 Months
    The Cowgirl: Basically this is the well-known and loved "woman on top" position. This is great during pregnancy because it allows her to control the pace and depth of penetration and it puts no weight on her abdomen.

Have a Seat: Sit in a chair and have her sit on your lap and enter her from a sitting position. This puts no weight on the uterus and gives her lots of control. She can either sit facing you or facing away.

The Perp Search: She leans against a wall facing away from you with arms and legs spread, as if you're about to frisk her from behind.

Third Trimester Positions: 7-9 Months
    Spoon Man: You lie on your side, with your knees bent while she lies on her side, with her back pressed against you, her legs slightly parted and her knees bent.

Leap Frog: This is her on all fours, like doggy style but with one major change: She rests her arms and head on the mattress. That way, it's easier to hold up the weight of her stomach.

Remember: If intercourse is deemed too risky, you can always resort to oral sex alone.

when to stop
    She should know at what month to stop having sex, as the doctor will advise her about it. But if you need to be sure, accompany her to her doctor's appointments.

Some doctors recommend that all women stop having sex during the final weeks of pregnancy. This is just as a safety precaution, because semen contains a chemical that may actually stimulate contractions.

Most doctors advise that you stop having sexual intercourse with her if she is at risk of:
    A premature birth or labor
    A condition called placenta pravia (Where part of the placenta is covering the cervix)
    what to expect during & after sex
    Sometimes we feel responsible if pregnant women have certain symptoms or pains during or after having sex that they normally wouldn't feel. But they are not caused by you per se, but rather the situation. These symptoms could include cramps, abdominal pain or even light contractions.

Women often experience mild contractions during sex and when having an orgasm, but these contractions are false alarms, and are not powerful enough to start labor unless it's imminent. These contractions may continue for about half an hour after sex. They are not dangerous to her or the baby.

Her uterus may experience spasms during sex which are different from contractions. This is normal and not dangerous.

She may feel some pain during or after sex if the fetus' head is situated deep in her pelvis. This is not worrisome.

She may get cramps during and after an orgasm. Sometimes this is combined with a backache. This is to be expected and is not a sign of any problem.

10. Dwirakhi

Dwirakhi Silver IL'ite

Dear Stanlee,

If medically the pregnancy is normal any month of the pregnancy is safe to have an intercourse. One just needs to take care that the expecting woman is in a mood to have an intercourse and not feeling tired and exhausted or experiencing any discomfort due to her changes in the body.

Take care…

Rakhi