1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

making a habit for facial hair removal.

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by rya, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

The best way to remove facial hair is to undergo regular full face threading once a month at a beauty parlour.Waxing will cause wrinkles on the face in the long run since the facial skin is very sensitive. Waxing will definitely reduce the hair growth to a large extent. so alternate waxing and threading sure safe methods of removing facial hair.

1 person likes this.
  2. IniyaaSri

IniyaaSri IL Hall of Fame

Same doubt!! Thats why I need clarification!! Lets see what people say!!

3. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

Hi Iniyasree, I am using pumice stone on my chin. You have to gently rub and should not give intense pressure. I am managing like this. You can use moisturiser after that. All hairs wont fall but you can see some gaps between hair growth where hair growth will be thinned. THANKS

4. IniyaaSri

IniyaaSri IL Hall of Fame

Oh!!! Let me try!! Thanks Rya friendssmiley

5. kmrkannu

kmrkannu New IL'ite

Daily application of turmeric is the natural way to remove facial hairs, though it's a slow process . If you want them to be removed instantly, go for waxing and threading. I go to Parlour for threading the facial hairs every month . It's like unavoidable now . If I leave for more than 2 months , it looks odd and forcing me to go for threading again .

1 person likes this.
  6. chinnakutty

chinnakutty New IL'ite

As you said, it is enough one tea spoon of turmeric, sugar and one table spoon of besan powder, two drops of honey. Add only adequate quantity of milk or curd to make a not too watery paste. Apply generously on the face, neck and all parts of body including under arms private parts, if you want. Leave it dry (may take 15 to 20 minutes time). One it has dried, against the direction of hair growth, by rubbing the skin in circular motion remove the dried paste. You can see hair falling along with the dried powder. Please don't expect 100% removal of hair on a single day. The body becomes soft, smooth, moisturised and surprisingly there is no tinge of turmeric in the body with sweet smell. If some of you in the habit of shaving, you may do so after applying the paste slowly. Some of the hairs will come out with root. Shaving may be done once in 15 days only (not on daily basis). Within month, the speed of growth will come down, hair becomes thin and altogether goes of in 3 to 6 months, depending on the thickness of the hair. Please give your feed back after one month

2 people like this.
  7. sugarnspice

sugarnspice Bronze IL'ite

Interesting topic. I have exactly three hair on my chin. I have had them for years. I have only ever used a tweezer to pull them out at regular intervals. I have a relation who has the same problem, but she went a different route, she used threading and waxing. No sagging skin, but the hair is now much thicker and has spread all over her chin and looks quite bad, so she need to have her face cleaned before any event.

8. Miracle1000

Miracle1000 Platinum IL'ite

@Ryan :

What is thanaka powder?

9. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

I used thanaka but no use. Planning to use turmeric and besan. There is one remedy that worked for me, a few years back. Turmeric, alum powder, dry ginger powder in equal amounts, say 1/2 spoon each should be mixed with lemon juice to make a paste. then apply and leave for 20 minutes. wash it off, and then rub gently against the hair growth with salt. Dont rub faster. You can see results in 1 month.Now i dont have patience to try this.

2 people like this.
  10. Nishi18

Nishi18 New IL'ite

Hi dear,

If your skin is very sensitive, let them do wax with care and slowly. Just for two days you will have little itching and redness, after that it will disappear. I also was worrying and scared about waxing on face, but now I am doing every month. So no problem. Dnt worry. And it will never look like old or wrinkled. After wax, your face will be bright and shining. I feel it is normal to do..so nothing worry.

1 person likes this.