Maids Salary

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by charanya147, Jul 3, 2018.

1. charanya147

charanya147 Silver IL'ite

Hi ils,

What monthly salary can we give to maid ,who cleans vessels and cleans and mops the floor daily (except sunday). ......is it ok for her demand of yearly increment of 500 ruppess......

2. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Depends on the city, area, locality , house size etc. In my locality it's around 2000per month. Cleaning, mopping, doing vessels etc. so far I have increased there salary 10% per year and she too accepted. Check in your neighboring houses for the prevailing rates.

sindmani, shravs3 and charanya147 like this.
  3. charanya147

charanya147 Silver IL'ite

Ya i checked with my neighbours too.......i just want to know the ideal rate.....175 ruppees per day + yearly compulsary increment of 500........ seems too high for me.......is there anyone giving this rate ?....

dhivyacc likes this.
  4. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

If your neighbors are paying that, then that's the norm in your area as the pay varies depending on the location and tasks. Some societies has fixed amount per task as well. As fair pay is a bigger deal these days, for both the sides.

Have lived in Delhi/NCR, Chennai n Bangalore. Maid / cook salary are the highest in NCR n lowest in Chennai within these three places.

Only sweeping, moping, vessels - will begin at rs.3000 in my neighbourhood (urban B'lore), anything more will be an addition of 500-1000 per task. So an average salary is easily around 3000-6000 per house n basic work is mostly done within an hour per house.

* Cooks pay is usually higher than a maids pay in many cities.

- 10% or rs.500-1000 increments does apply every year or it may last you two years if the pay is already on the higher side, it depends.
    - Festival bonus are given every year.
    - Extra payment may have to be done if they have to do any extra work.
    - Any other help is optional between the employer or employee.
    - In my society, half of them comes on Sundays too, some may leave early.

If you want to negotiate, try speaking with 5-6 of them, then you will get an average / lowest amount that works in your area.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  5. Ishaan10

Ishaan10 Bronze IL'ite

What about salary for cooking 4 person...I'm living in Chennai.

charanya147 likes this.
  6. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Average might be around 4000-6000 if they come one time, make 1 or 2 meals n adequate varieties. This was the price 2 years back but it might be lesser or more than this average depending on your locality.

More meals, more varieties, coming twice a day n if the cook is experienced n knows to make more varieties/ cuisines, this increases by a lot.

Ishaan10 and charanya147 like this.