1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Maharanis Rescue Maharaja

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Maharanis Rescue Maharaja

Friday 12<SUP>th</SUP> Nov , has this lovely article on the front page of DNA as above.

Seems Air <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">India</st1:place></st1:country-region>, is short of Cabin crew, and is short staffed by 300. Not getting any qualified staff , as cabin crew, they have fallen back on hiring their retired ex employees.

Many of them were working at 1 lakh a month, when they retired or took VRS. But now they have been hired as tempory staff, at half their old salary, and most are 55 and above.
    Air <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">India</st1:place></st1:country-region> says, I quote the newspaper “They are expected to add to the quality of service provided by the Airline”.

While all other Airlines have young pretty girls as cabin Crew, air India will provide u Grandmotherly service, smothering passengers with food and love.And if u are not in the mood to eat, they will feed u with their own hands, reminding u of yr own mom !

Now I am getting serious. I support this idea of getting retired people back to work.When people at top levels retire, say in Govt Service, they don’t know what to do at home. Of course they get the 25 odd lakhs and a 25000 monthly pension, but time hangs heavily on their hands.

Now the power is gone, and what do u do sitting at home, but grumble, having many cups of tea, and start to interfere in the household affairs, which irritates the wife no end.

So u are told to take yr grandkid to school, buy milk and bread, go pay the electricity and water Bills, which u would send yr office peon previously, and I see many such fellows on the streets when I go for my morning walks. They wear sloppy clothes, like night pajamas, when going out to buy the milk, and 28/- Hawai Chappals, un shaved fellows.

3 neighbours of mine took VRS around 10 years back from nationalized bank. Tow of them go out to buy milk, and tend to their gardens, or go call the plumber etc. The third fellow Chandru who used to walk with me, now has joined one of those South Companies, that give loan against Gold. This company is hiring ex managers, at 25000/- per month, time 9 to 8pm, which is half the pay of the nationalized banks these days.

He keeps busy, so he does not get the time to walk with me, except on Sundays. And sicne they don’t blog these people don’t know how to kill time, un likeme, whose 10 am to 8 pm goes well, I am writing, making new friends, I have now gotten in the habit of sending jokes to friends, so I get to read them , smile and forward the smiles to everyone around.

You are at yr peak of intelligence when u retire. You have vast expierence of work and himan nature, and u can smell if someone who is asking for a loan, will pay back or not, u are like a policemen , who at first sight can sizes u up 80%, before u utter the second sentence.

They can be tapped very well, by private companies, at half their last pay, get the best for half the price. And Air India has done a wonderful job really, by employing these expierenced old hands, to join hands with them again, but this time they are temprory, so they wont be a burden on the Airlines by way of Gratuity and other bonuses.

Look at this Relative of mine.Retired from a Insurance Company, where he was wined and dined by the big industrial houses, for they would insure their factories for hundreds of crores. So claims are there naturally.

A few years back he came for a drink, and he was telling me “ Kamal, u know, when my daughter got married, I had hundreds of staff to do the arrangements, Govt Cars at my disposal, and clients chipping in with their cars, and guest houses.

Now that I am retired, is like they have taken out the fly from the tea, and thrown me away. I am furnishing my house, and I have to go in the hot sun, to the crowded markets to buy nails, Fevicol etc.

In short he was miserable, and still is, remembering the days of Glory of thepast.

And I feel , another thing is people don’t take retirement seriously. They never give a thought of what they will do when they will ultimately retire one day. Most think, now that our kids are married, we will visit them more often, we will go to pilgrimages, as they showed in the old movies, but they don’t realize u will be a unwelcome guest if u visit yr kids outstations more often, and how much can u go to pilgrimages ? it will get on yr nerves sooner than u think.

I had it planned out, that I will not sit at home, but in the office upstairs, same time, 10 am to work, even though I have no work. I will read the newspapers, magazines, watch CD’s, and luckily blogging came about in 2006, which changed the course of my life for the better.

So guys and gals, seriously start thinking about yr retirement, don’t think it is still far away, time flies. The 10 am to 8 pm , these 10 hours are most crucial to pass, the other 16 are a cakewalk.

So take up work if u need the money, if not, then blog away to glory, or take part in Rakhee Sawant’s show, the risk being u couild be called a Napunsak, as she said to one fellow, who committed sucide the other day. My doctor friend was lucky he got to touch her feet at the Jaipur hotel, when she had a sprain, and I still rib him about it, and wht he tells me in unprintable.

With that, I wish u all with a great weekend, have a ball ladies and Gentlemen, and sweet dreams of RS for the men, and of Rajesh Khanna, to the ladies !!!

See what a lovely sense of humour I have.!!!

And I cant even tell u shabba khair, shubhratir, Amitabl style, for he has now patented his voice, and may do this goodnight business too, so I will keep off it from now on.

KAMAL MAHTANI

Teacher – Who is your favourite writer ?
    Student – Your daughter
    Teacher – Why ?
    Student – Every day she gives me a different low letter !!!

Deadly PJ

You cant beat this one

Question – If your birthdate disappears from your Birth Certificate, what will be your name ?

Answer – Guess ? UMER GUL ( name of the Pakistani fast bowler) !!!!!!!!!!!!

One man asked the bus conductor how many hours he is in the bus.

Answer = 24 hours.
    8 ghante city bus mein, aur baki time Biwi ke Bas mein !!!!!

Unmarried Girl got pregnant.
    Went to insurance office for claim.
    Officer – Your policy covers sickness, accident , not pregnancy.
    Girl – It was an accident !!!

Best quote against Size Zero

Real men go for curves
    Only Dogs go for Bones !!!

( kamalji agrees here totally, when I eat chicken, I need a flesh one, not a bony one ) !!!

===============================================================

2. ambika04

ambika04 Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,
    [JUSTIFY]
    My employees always grudge when I book a ticket in air india or indian ailines.Air hostess are pretty old.They used to say we need to help them in climbling the stairs,their style statements are almost outdated & my emp always demand in Emirates airlines not bcoz of air hostess alone but for unlimited drinks.:drowningYes seriously thinking I cannot discontinue blogging my only saviour as I need to save it for my retired life.I always wish to be at home watching saas bhi sagas or munching something,snoring on afternoon but it never happened!!hope so one fine day will come where my hubby uses only his atm card & not mine.:)
    [/JUSTIFY]

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ambika,

i find Air india very good, they have cheaper fares, and they serve good food too, otehrairlines dont igve u food.

who wnats to marry the airhostess eh ! Give me great grandmothers on any flight, and 1000 cheaper andi will travel in it.HAHA

And that last line of yrs was too good.that hubby uses his own ATM.HAHA

Yes u have it all planned out well, this is one area people aer caught unawares of what to do after retirment, even when they knew well in advance that it is coming.Yours is perfect, snoozing, watching serials and blogging.HAHA

Regards

kamal

4. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji

Funny yet thoughtful too. I read that most retired people (esp. with powers when they were working) develop a type of inferiority complex after retirement.

As you rightly said, they should plan well ahead to avoid such issues.

In my case, it should be my better half to plan his retirement.
    :biglaugh:biglaughI am sure he cannot survive spending the whole day with my nagging.

Enjoyed reading it Kamalji:cheers

5. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Hello kamalji..
    Post retirement...???? well I think it will happen in another 5-6 years as I really want to relax read. stay in a out of city area .. countryside.. with my doggie Harley.. listen to music.. surf the net for info.. watch rubbish hindi movies and also english ones... but my mai problem is i LOVE my work... I love to design.. so in reality i think it will always be semi- retirement for me...
    K

6. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

A good thought provoking blog.

In my family and friends, I am so used to seeing everyone active till their last day....I really wonder how can one just kill time doing nothing meaningful.

My dad at83 is still taking care of his business, travels 3-4days a week, n my fil is also active, still sees patients by appointment, does lot of religious stuff....goes to palitana twice or three times a yr n climbs the hill 7 times in 2 days....which is not an easy task. Hats off to both the father figures...n touchwood.

Retirement is also an art, my uncle was involved in lot of social activities post retirement and with help of some of his dr friends, had started a blood n eye bank.

It is true that if u have not been living with your kids as a joint family, then it becomes difficult to adjust with them , as both the kids n the parents have a different pattern n routine n many times it clashes.

But if the kids n parents can live amicably, then nothing like it.

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Raba,

You hafe just started yr life, so there is a long way to thinkof retirment.But for people in their mid forties, and early fifties yes it is time to seriosuly think what to do after retirment, or not to retire at all.

Thanks.:biglaugh

kamal

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dea rKelly,

As long as u love yr work, fine, carry on, it should nto be a burden on u, it should be off and on, as u please.

Regards

kamal

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Roopa,

Yes if children and parents can live together , nothing like it really.that is heaven really.

And good to know yr dad and fil being so active and busy.God bless them.

Thanks.kamal