1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Magic!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear JS ma'm,

Thank you for your words. I am all smiles. Appreciate it so much!

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Srama,
    I was listening to Nat King Cole's 'Rambling rose' this afternoon. Then it struck me that if I am a Senile Rambler, you are a Rambling Rose! I sit and masticate, like a cow, my senile thoughts of over 50 years. At my age, senile ramblings are more palatable than my present ones. People tend to show more interest about the long distance that I have traversed. I may have miles to go before I sleep but the scenic beauty of those miles does not seem as attractive to my myopic eyes as they did when I started my journey.
    This is what the dictionary says about rambling of the young and old:
    "walk for pleasure in the countryside." - Young rambler
    "talk or write at length in a confused or inconsequential way." -Senile Rambler

You load your camera ready to shoot at anything that appeals to your senses. Roses start blooming when they see you around with your camera. Everything around you puts on a special sheen because they know that any of them would figure in your youthful quest for beauty. 'A typical Srama production' says Satchi. I would have said the same if I had been younger and crisper like her!
    Sri

Srama and shyamala1234 like this.
  3. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sabitha,

You don't fail to spin ''Magic' yourself, do you :) . I enjoyed reading this one as well. The experience of the 81 year old speaks volumes.

I love it when people don't give up on life but continue to strive forward however tough their battles might be. One can experience 'Magic' in life only if they believe in it. I loved this post, thank you :thumbsup:

Srama likes this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya sir,

How do I respond to thee? I am all smiles, blushing even and at a loss for words. So all I did since yesterday was take that camera up again and take pictures. Taking pictures reminded me of you and Satchi again- the conundrum that she has raised you see and the praise you have heaped on me! Are the roses really this beautiful or do they look beautiful because of my picture :D? I gave up finally and watched some glorious sun pictures and called it a day.

On a serious note sir, you sure know how much your senile ramblings mean to all of us. Why else would I listen to my photography teacher even with such rapt attention - the same long distance both of you have traversed. I find it all fascinating and you know it well.

Thank you for your words sir.

5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Meenu,

Truth be told, my last class was a repetition of what I have been learning, so I had a good two hours o sit and ruminate and the result is this snippet. This man is so simple, so grounded that it is not even funny - heart in the right place, wonderful attitude and not at all proud. I am glad I get to learn from him.

Thank you for your feedback.

Scorpio707 likes this.
  6. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

Thank you for sharing. Yes , our own magic takes us to a different world. Regards, Lakshmi

Srama likes this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

8. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Srama
    Another wonderful narration. I felt that your teacher was I front of me. Life is magic and each moment is magical. But, there are times it doesn't feel like that though.
    Years ago, I had a colleague who was learning reflexology. At that time I was pregnant with my first son. He will give me free reflexology sessions during lunch break. I felt that he is different than most and he told me that once you stop asking, desiring and chattering then you will hear the real answer within you. I really thought that was a magical moment as I never realised that. Seven years down the line I haven't improved much but I am getting there.
    your art teacher brought me my reflexologist' memory and kindness.
    Thanks Srama
    Vani

Srama likes this.
  9. gauravnarang

gauravnarang New IL'ite

10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Vani,

Thank you! I think we all meet people like your reflexology friend or my photography teacher from time to time and as much as we understand, it is not easy to live in that state all the time. I think the best we can do is to learn to live in the present and that will show us the magic! And you are right, it is a learning process as long as we care to remember.