Maggi noodles during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by PinksAndBlues, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

P&B,
    Cravings will be there throughout the pregnancy and anything in moderation doesn't harm your baby. So, just watch what you are eating and try to have more healthy food than Junk. But our tastebuds behave crazy when we see Junk especially during pregnancy. Don't overdo but have it in small quantitiy whenever you wanted to have.

2. PinksAndBlues

PinksAndBlues Senior IL'ite

Thanks sudha and priya mommy . I am eating a healthy balanced diet and lots of fruits and veges. And although I have always been a big junk food and fast food fan , I dont know why but since I got pregnant I dont feel like eating junk food anymore. One and only junk food I crave is Maggi.. but definitely I am not eating too much of that also. Just wanted to make sure it is ok to eat once in a while .. Thanks again for replying :thumbsup

3. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Hey,

I think every individual reacts to food intake differently. The wise decision would be to find out from your doctor if you are sensitive to any such ingredients especially when you are pregnant. My advise is to not go with what we say here :) It's better to be safe than be sorry, yeah?

Good luck !!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  4. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

I have never been a fan of Maggi; but now that I am in my 7 weeks; I dream Maggi (and wake up in the middle of the night). Was just checking if its ok to get into some Maggi indulgence and after reading your posts- I guess there is no looking back now :)

5. aditibose78

aditibose78 Silver IL'ite

Maggi during pregnancy is best avoided for the following reasons -

1. It is made of maida and that is not a healthy option for pregnant mother. However, recently maggi has introduced ata noodles which could be an option.
    2. However, even the ata noodles have a certain quantity of disodium guanylate which is advisable not to consume during pregnancy. (this is not directly mentioned but is instead as a numbered flavour enhancer)
    3. the original masala packet of 'maggi masala' contained MSG which is a complete no-no during pregnancy. The same reason why Chinese food, having ajinomoto should be avoided. (Ajinomoto in excess can adversely affect the nervous system of the unborn child)

So if you do want to eat maggi then use the aata noodles after washing it first. Also use your own masala or even homemade tomato puree with it rather than using the masala sachets.

6. Tashsin

Tashsin Gold IL'ite

So many times I eat Maggie in my pregnancy..I don't feel any side effect...

7. mithra3412

mithra3412 Platinum IL'ite

me tooo many times had maggi :S

8. devanshi

devanshi Silver IL'ite

I too love Maggi and have craved for it a lot during pregnancy - however the answer to if one should have maggi when pregnant is a big NO.

Please do not take chances because maggi contains a lot of additives, preservatives etc which are harmful to LO. So its worth it to wait for a few months before relishing maggi than having it while pregnant and having a doubt. So please do avoid it, I know it may seem hard but not impossible :)