1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Maggar Singh, My Saviour

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by GeetaKashyap, Jan 8, 2018.

1. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@Adharv

Bang on! You have made very valid observations.[​IMG]
    I am agreeing with all your points.:)

We women have come a long way when compared with our mothers and grandmothers but our men have not. That is the reason we are having so much of conflict between men and women. Most men are not ready to give up or share their privileges. Using physical superiority, they are trying to control women. I am appalled that they still see rape as a way of settling scores, subduing a woman and a woman is seen as an item of entertainment by many. I see that we have a power in our hand which many have not used, ie., raising male and female children as equals and raising sensitive humans. I feel if this is implemented, at least in the near future we will have men and women treating each other as equals and with respect. Then at least some balance may be achieved.

Thank you so much, dear, for your enthusiastic exchange of thoughts, appreciating my work and encouraging me. I appreciate your generosity. :beer-toast1:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    Adharv, Thyagarajan and nandinimithun like this.
  2. GeetaKashyap

dear @Adharv

Please read my responses to @kkrish and @nandinimithun, I have said how this story began and developed. I guess it answers your question :)

Shubha ratri.

Adharv and nandinimithun like this.
  3. GeetaKashyap

Dear @Frangipani

Thank you so much for being my cheerleader and for keenly watching over every line and appreciating. Thanks also for nominating. I dared to publish my work because of goodhearted readers like you. :worship2:

Thyagarajan and nandinimithun like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Happy Makara Sankranthi to all your family members & to you.
    2.Reading your name in my alert gave thought of my beloved Mother who used to bing out nice suguary-images of Ganesha, Lakshmi, Saraswathi etc out of wooden moulds - a special in Karnataka household today.
    3. By way of suggestion - Intercepting story with cartoon type caricatures preferred over photos of living persons to avoid generation of undesirable controversies.
    Regards.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  5. GeetaKashyap

@Thyagarajan,

Thanks for thinking of me and wishing me. I wish you and your family too Happy Pongal.

I totally agree with your advice. When I did try to search for cartoon kind of images on the net, I was not getting images matching my mental picture+ expressions were limited. I thought of sketching some images myself but again...some laziness and lack of confidence stopped me. That's when I found the versatile actor Dhanush's images from the film Anegan fitting like a T. He was a 100% match to my imagined Maggar Singh. After that I couldn't resist my temptation. I took the liberty of using the images with a disclaimer.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Wow! That was some story. Totally loved the completely off beat story line. What imagination, Geeta! What I loved immensely is the food for thought that this story provided. The larger than life Maggar Singh pacing across the computer screen and his conversations kept the reader glued. Loved the fact that the author was shown the mirror by the villain and the suggestion of the twist to change the main story was also provided by him.

Wow Geeta! Didn't know you were an ace writer of fiction too!

GeetaKashyap and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@GeetaKashyap Well written .Liked your narration .Nice ending .Expecting more stories from you

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  8. GeetaKashyap

Satchi, you made my day, girl!:banana: I am glad you liked my whacky story. I let myself loose here and this story has been my most favourite creation. I dared to publish my work because of goodhearted readers like you. :worship2: Thank you.

nandinimithun likes this.
  9. GeetaKashyap

@periamma

Thanks a million for being such a great motivator. Your approval made my day. Thanks once again.

10. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

"I see that we have a power in our hand which many have not used, ie., raising male and female children as equals and raising sensitive humans. I feel if this is implemented, at least in the near future we will have men and women treating each other as equals and with respect. Then at least some balance may be achieved"
    I totally agree with this statement of yours. This is one of the best approach which we actually have to implement. I always encourage my writer friends to share messages which would bring remarkable change. 100% not all would agree to our views but at least there will be 0.00001% of the crowd to support and try to implement what is possible from their end. I know we readers look for entertainment but I certainly say entertainment along with message would reach the mass as yours. Thanks Geeta.

Shankranthi Habbadha Subashyagalu.

GeetaKashyap and nandinimithun like this.