Madurai Members - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Madurai' started by Induslady, Oct 29, 2006.

1. sangeethraj

sangeethraj Bronze IL'ite

Hi Madurailities,
    I am Sangeetha born and broughtup in Madurai, Jeeva nagar near Jaihindupuram. I have done my schooling TVS. I have done my BE in KLN College of Engineering. Since i am working in Chennai, my parents are staying with me in Chennai. I am working in a Software Company. I miss Madurai very much. Once in two months we visit Madurai regularly. My my office if i see anybody from Madurai means my heart is fill with joy and and start speak with them regarding Madurai(Nama oru). In my office most of them easily find that i am from Madurai bcoz of Madurai slang. When i reach Melur i am very happy bcoz after some time i am going to reach Madurai. I never forget Kundu Malli, Meenakshi Ammam temple, Chitirai thiruvila, Jeyaram Bakery,Exbition in Thamukam ground etc....

I am very very happy to see lot of Madurai people here. Thanks to IL.

With Regards,
    R.Sangeetha

2. aharia

aharia Silver IL'ite

hi madurai il, i also born & brought up in madurai, i have done my schooling in NIRMALA GHSS, i have done my college in the famous LDC, friends i want to keep in touch for all my school & collage friends , pls keep in touch

3. sumisen

sumisen Senior IL'ite

Hi Aharia
    I am also from Madurai (partially) living in Abudhabi, Hamdan street. My husband is from Madurai and my inlaws live in Madurai now. Happy to know a person from Madurai. My sister inlaw is a student of Lady doak college. we live in viswanathpuram in madurai now. keep in touch P.M me your telephone we can introduce each other.
    sumisen

4. aharia

aharia Silver IL'ite

hi sumi, happy to hear about you , send youe e mail id , i'll send my phone number through e mail, my e mail is aharia_18@yahoo.com. have a good day, how many years you are in abudhabi? how is your days? what your sis in law name?

5. scorpiogal

scorpiogal Senior IL'ite

Hi

I was born and brought up in Madurai and I am so proud of it .Every time I see madurai in movies I get nostalgic.Did my schooling TVS and college in TCE .

I love the people as they respect women a lot .

But hate the men and women when they call " pappa ".

I cannot forget the days when i pick up fights on the bus with the kai kari vendors when they block the entire bus with their baskets and complain us for hitting them with our school back packs .

Oh gosh I miss those days and Murugan Idly kadai and nagapatnam Aloo masala

6. sumisen

sumisen Senior IL'ite

Hi aharia
    I have wrongly posted reply to you in abudhabi forum. When did you finish your college? My sister inlaw must have finished her college in 1990. may be very senior to you. How long you are in abudhabi?
    sumisen

7. aharia

aharia Silver IL'ite

hi sumi, i'm here for 2 years, i finished 2000,where are you exactly in hamdan street? some time i visit bhavana resturent near hamdan street.

8. anusenraj

anusenraj New IL'ite

Hi every one :)

This is Anu here

was born and brght up in Gadag, karnataka. So i can only speak in tamil neither i can read nor write. Got married immediately after completion of my graduation. My husband is a Investment banker, moved into madurai just last yr 4rm chennai. Got a kid aged 8 studying in vikaasa school.

Interests: pretty good at home making, cooking.

I was introduced to this site by my friend latamurali frm chennai. :hiya

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  9. sumisen

sumisen Senior IL'ite

hI AHARIA
    i AM NEAR ANAND RESTAURANT IN HAMDAN STREET. Bhavana is far away from my place I am living behind Russian Embassy
    sumisen

10. nive80

nive80 Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,

Its so nice to see so many people sharing their experiences and feelings about Madurai.
    My parents moved to Madurai in 1999 , when i started my Engineering at Mepco , Sivakasi. I went on with my Masters and later my job , but Dad who had his first office opposite Meenakshi Amman Temple , and who visited the Deity everyday did not want to move out. So he settled for transfers within Madurai( he worked for a Nationalised Bank). For someone who never wanted to build a house , he came to Madurai and decided that his Post retirement years were to be spent only in Madurai and so now is settled down there.

I remember friends telling me that Madurai was a "Modern Village" and its actually true :)... the gundu Malli , the jighar thanda , Murugan Idli kadai....... talking about all that makes me wish i was at Home , Sweet Home rite now :)

Gud old days of my Dad waiting at the station to pick me up at the wee hours of the morning are memories i cherish to this day....... if my tarin was to arrive at 6am , Dad would be at the station from 5.45 (or sometimes even earlier).

My IL's place is 2 hrs away from Madurai and they too are regular visitors to Madurai... so rest assured when i go to India and go home i have nothing to worry :) as i can still spend ample time with my parents :)

The Darshan that we receive in the temple is something that to date i have never received anywhere else :)

I do miss the place.... and have a soft corner for Madurai though iam not a born and brought up Maduraiite :)

Cheers :)