Madurai Members - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Madurai' started by Induslady, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Jayashree2007

Jayashree2007 New IL'ite

Hello This is Jayashree...from MDU/Singapore

Dear Members:

This is Jayashree, from MDU and now in Singapore. Just found this site and thought I would spend sometime here. Unlike other forums I found this as informative and also entertaining.....Well, about me - I am 40, married with kids and now in Singapore, working in a MNC - just joined after a long battle for employment...I am originally from MDU (born and bread there!) , spent about 26 yrs there before marriage....then to US (New York and Atlanta) and to Singapore now....I have immense interest in reading, swimming, nature walks, gossips about celebreties, fun-loving, and if I get close to someone I will be definitely impeccable in conduct and assuming a 100% sense of responsibility in maintaining the friendship....but it takes time!! Interested to say hello? Ping me...Catch u...Bye for now...
    --Jai

2. reservesquare

reservesquare New IL'ite

Hi all.

I am Saru. I was born and brought up in Madurai. I am very happy to see so many people from madurai in this forum. Madurai is an excellent place. It is called a "Tunga nagaram" We get hot idlis and sambar even at midnight 2 am. Diwali bazaar is really very good. we can get so many things cheap during the diwali season. There are lot of temples with old sculptures in madurai and we get a spiritual feeling once we enter the temple. There are lot of things i can share about madurai. I miss madurai a lot.

keep posting all latest news about madurai

3. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I wonder how I missed this thread all these days. I am Ganesan Ramanathan born and brought up in Madurai.One of my user i.d in other sites is Maduraiveeran. After graduation from Madurai I moved to Karaikudi (2 years), Mumbai (20 years), London (2 years), Melbourne ( 2 years) and now residing at Gaithersburg near Washington D.C. My Mumbai colleagues used to say that if I take a step southwords it will end in Madurai. I keep visiting Madurai where my elder sister is living. She was a teacher in Thiagaraja Model High School. My wish is to settle down in the later part of my life at Madurai and do social service especially in the field of education. Nice to meet all Maduraiites here.

Regards,

TDU

4. rithi

rithi New IL'ite

hi ladies,

Me from North, got married to Rohan from Madurai. Now in United States. Visited Madurai lot of times. Love the people, culture, temple, food................ In-laws still live there.

Rithi

5. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Most Gracious Madurai ILites,

I am sridhar aka Varalotti a Maduraiite all my life. I am an accountant. Writing is my pastime.

My wife, Indhusri (also an ILite) and I are wondering whether we could have an ILites Meet at Madurai.

Let's agree upon some ground rules. We'll have the meeting on a Saturday ora Sunday. Let's say, we should have a minimum of 5 ILites to make the meeting interesting.

Let me know what do you think. Click this link and post your views.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/madurai/19484-can-we-madurai-ilites-meet.html#post215480

love,

Last edited: Jan 19, 2008
  6. kavikrishna71

kavikrishna71 New IL'ite

WOW:clap so many madurai people. Iam Kavitha and i was born and brought up in madurai. OCPM school and MEPCO college Sivakasi. But now iam in Hyderabad. Iam married and have a 5 year old daughter. Nice to meet you all. My parents are still in Madurai. So usually visit there every 6 months or so. see you take care.

7. Kam45

Kam45 Junior IL'ite

Hi,I am Kamala, living in Madurai since 1964 ,that is,from when I did my PG course in Maths. I was a teacher and later a Principal in schools in Madurai.I had a satisfying career and family-life.
    I am retired now as also my husband who served as a professor of Physics.
    My three children are married and settled.
    I have developed an interest in digital photography. I like cooking, house-keeping, reading magazines, articles on health and seeing places.
    I also like to listen to Carnatic music and attend local concerts.
    I like Indus Ladies forums as lot of info, ideas,thoughts and feelings are shared in the threads.
    Hope I can gain and also contribute to this forum whenever I find time .
    Kamala

8. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Hi ,
    I'm also from madurai.Chitra amma did'nt know you were from Madurai till I read this thread . Now I feel still closer to you.Enga ooru Chitra amma Bow
    I did my schooling at TVS Lakshmi.I lived there for 21 years.I still feel very nostalgic when I goto Madurai.I always remember my grandmother with whom I spent my first 18years of my life.Whenever I go there I feel like my grandmother is waiting for me.. I visit Madurai everytime I goto India.Just standing there in front of Goddess Meenakshi makes me forget the whole world.I was named (real name) after Her.In my Patti's dream Goddess Meenakshi came and gave kumkum and said I'm coming to come to your house.Next day I was born so my patti immediately named me with a sweet Tamil name.
    Good to see so many Madurai people in this site
    Bye
    Mangai

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  9. Kutty_80

Kutty_80 Senior IL'ite

i m frm madurai......nice to see u all

10. hema_gladston

hema_gladston Bronze IL'ite

Very a Big Hi to everyone,

Am here b'cause... Though my fathers native is tirunelveli, his father shifted to mdu and so our certificates also hold as mdu. All in our home love mdu too much. My younger sis speakes pakka mdu tamil. but mmine is little mixed. Reading all your posts i was so excited to recall all those memories, when we were in mdu. I did my schoolings from 9th to 10 in Noyes matric and 11, 12 in Nirmala GHSS. I did my BE and ME in thiagarajar college of engineering. After my ME we shifted to mdu, since dad got tranfered since then we are here... Now am married and have a 11 months old girl baby and settled in tirunelveli.

I still remember the days when we used to roam in Nethaji road(near bus stand) after classes, have kothu barotta in Hotel Guruprasad (Near bus stand) . I was too cracy of cards at that time and the Hallmark cards shop was my favorite..

I'll share some experineces in college days. We have to were pant shirt for our lab classes in UG course. From college to my house it takes around 45min travel by bus (from bibikulam ti thirupurankundram) . One day while returning from college, there was heavy rush in the bus and i was standing near the driver with my plated hair put in front.I was in pants that day. Many girls were standing there. Studenly someone slapped on my back and said " Hai boy Why are you standing with the girls come this side" am a bit tall so easily noticable. I was taken by surprise and turned to look at the man (conductor) . He then only realized i was a girl and apologized for his act. Till i got down he was asking sorry so many times...

With luv

Hema