Madurai Members - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Madurai' started by Induslady, Oct 29, 2006.

1. sangrag

sangrag Silver IL'ite

Hi friends! Iam the IL member for abt 3 years. My native is madurai & i live in singapore, will be in a vacation to mdu next month. Would like to connect with madurai ladies too, please accept my invitation.

Thanks all..

2. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

Hi Vidya! 5 years back, Arya Bhavan would have been the definite and 100% reliable choice. I am so sad that what is left of it doesn't meet up to its stardust. Sigh.
    So. You want options. Have you tried Meenakshi Bhavan at Netaji road, opp. to Thangamayil Jewellery? Other place is Hotel Annapurna at The New College House, in Town Hall Road. For Jigarthanda - the original one - you should go to "Famous Jigarthanda" - its at the corner ahead of Ananda metal (Vilakuthoon), if I remember right. You can't sit and eat there - its street food!
    If you have some bucks in your pocket, you must give Hotel Supreme a shot : especially their weekend dosa buffet. Yummmm. (My info on Hotel Supreme is dated though.)
    And I don't know the exact location, but we used to get takeaways (in huge tiffin carriers that we took for the purpose) from a place called Shankwala (spelling maybe inaccurate, that was the pronounciation) near Town Hall Road for yummy rotis and side-dish - its a must try if you like phulkas - they're simple but so mouth-watering that you wont stop until you've eaten a dozen. And do ask for their mango juice (part of the package). I heard that they'd spruced up their dine in last year.
    Ahhhh! Now I'm hungry, and miss home!

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Bubbles,

Thank you so very much. I will definitely use your info and all these places the next time I go to Madurai.

Sadly, I do wish you had seen my post earlier. My trip to Madurai, food wise was a total disaster. For some reason, I assumed that I am the ultimate Madurai guide, and took my family to really horrible places. The idli had my husband in a rage, and with the jigarthanda, my mom stopped talking to me for a week.

With your help, really better luck next time----

Bubbles likes this.
  4. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

:beer-toast1: Don't worry, next time we'll 'blow them down'!

5. sangrag

sangrag Silver IL'ite

Hi vidya and bubbles where do u stay in madurai

6. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

Hi Sangrag! I am currently in US, Madurai is my hometown.

7. sangrag

sangrag Silver IL'ite

8. ravindhu

ravindhu New IL'ite

vanakam maduari
    Im sindhu.born in trichy and married here in madurai.husband doing business and having two kids life runs very fast with kids. Son doing his pre kg and daughter is 10 months old .we living in vadaku masi vedi. Wanna be friends with you people.

9. sangrag

sangrag Silver IL'ite

hi sindhu ,

welcome, where do u stay in madurai, if possible will meet when i.come on vacation,pm ur no whatsapp

10. sangrag

sangrag Silver IL'ite

Hi madurai ladies..

Please suggest good hospitals for giving birth.... And also if anyone gives reviews for keerthi hospital... Byepass road... Ss colony