Madurai Members - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Madurai' started by Induslady, Oct 29, 2006.

1. udhay

udhay New IL'ite

sangeethe,
    for library--> simmakal library is the biggest one in madurai..try over it.and for yoga center --> k.k nagar & anna nagar having lots of centers better go for your nearest place :)

2. ajusvenkat

ajusvenkat New IL'ite

hi all,
    I sujatha from madurai. I studied in East Avani School near Meenakshi Amman temple, In my school days during lunch hour myself and my friends go to temple to hit the saptha swara pillars in the temple to hear the swaras. Now it has been closed with grills and locked. I did my UG in Fatima college near to my home. Those are the most lovable days spent with friends and felt that world is only for us and we are the most happiest girls in the world. Even If I cross the gate now, I feel so happy and picture comes to my eyes as if I am roaming in the class room along with my friends. My husband is also from Madurai. Now i am in Sivakasi 72km from madurai, I am going to madurai every sat & sunday. Even then i am missing my madurai. I am very happy to see madurites group. Sai ram.

3. shikha1986

shikha1986 New IL'ite

Hii all,

we are from Gurgaon.my husband got a job opportunity from Madurai. so he is thinking about to relocate. The decision is also depend on me. Please advice me what should I do?

4. theamma

theamma Bronze IL'ite

Hi, I am an old Maduraikkari. It must be before most of you were born, I guess. I may be about or a little younger than Chithvish. I have met her and her sister. We lived in chokkikulam. My sister and I went to O.C.P.M. ( studied for a year in convent). I have stayed in Kerala for a couple of years and in North India for a few years, then came back to Madurai. My children went to St.Joseph's convent. Now I am living in the U.S. for almost 50 years. But Madurai is always in my mind and I think no city can beat Madurai. The people of Madurai are always friendly and you are always an akka or amma to any vendor or fellow bus traveler. Instead of rushing to be modern, Madurai kept it's old world charm. Meenakshi Amman koil and Pudu mandapam are a delight. Meenakshi rules Madurai. Anybody who is from Madurai will always love that city. No matter where I am, I am always from azshzgiya Madurai.

amma

Bubbles and Vidya24 like this.
  5. jhema

jhema Bronze IL'ite

hi all.
    We recently moved to madurai. I'm in search of library, lending library( Circulating magazines), ladies Gym and yoga centres. nearby. Could anybody give details abt these near Bypaas road , Ponmeni, virattipathu area.

6. asrchithra

asrchithra New IL'ite

hi i am chithra. i born and brought up in oomachikulam.i studied in chatrapatti school and my ug and pg in yadava college

7. pooraniammu

pooraniammu New IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    Im poorani. Born and brought up in chennai. PUGUNDHA VEEDU is in madurai. Feb 2014 got married and came to madurai. Now im 9 months pregnant, so in chennai with parents... will to come to madurai at july with baby

8. pooraniammu

pooraniammu New IL'ite

சென்னையை விட மதுரை ரொம்ப பிடிச்சுபோச்சு

9. karthijeev

karthijeev New IL'ite

Hi frenz, am karthiga 34, from madurai.. my roots r at mdu. Aftr mrge, moving to different places in transfer as my hubby is work as a chief manager in a bank. Am so happy to meet all mdu frenz thru this. Hope I can get a true loveable frenz over here . Eagerly waitg fr it.

10. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi Madurai members,

I am posting here, knowing that this is the wrong thread. But am hoping that at least one of you will reply. I need to know which are the good restaurants in Madurai, to have good, South Indian, vegetarian food.

I don't need details of Germanus or Taj Pasumalai.

I am looking for restaurants around the Meenakshi temple, but even further ones are okay. I collected two name like Gopi Iyengars Vellaiappam, Nei mittai kadai etc.

Last year, when we came, I as the self appointed Madurai expert in my family, took them to Murugan Idli kadai. Maybe we chose a wrong day, maybe wrong time 5pm, the food was bad, service careless and hurried. The Jigarthanda had my family issuing a fatwa on me. I need to make amends.

Pls recommend some neat, vegetarian restaurants.

I also want to buy the famous Madurai maavadu and vattal, vadams. Pls give me names of good shops.

I owe you ladies, my life

Cheers!