Madhindra World School , Mahindra City, Kanchipura,mChennai

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by Nightingales, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Nightingales

Nightingales New IL'ite

Hello all,

I seem to find myself researching schools every year around the same time. Hope and pray that this search is the last one and this post of mine regarding schools is also the last.

Does anyone have any information about the Mahindra world school (Mahindra World city)in Pannur, Kanchipuram. How is the infrastructure in that area. In Chennai the outskirts are still not well developed. Also regarding the school is it full fledged, what is their approach to education, and are there trained qualified teachers who are working there ( given the remote location that is). All Chennai city schools seem to follow rote learning and tuition centres seem to outnumber he schools I seem to repeat every concept taught in school. Is that the norm. My kid is in 1st std and school is just bent on finishing the portions rather than making the child understand. And it is tougher in first reasons. For my husband's job reasons we have to be in Chennai and no way out. In Harishree everything is good but kids need to sit barefooot in school. That according to us feels like a potential health hazard.

Hoping to find some way out. Need a normal school with less pressure on kids and where teaching is concept based rather then gearing owards finishing the portions.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Nightingale,

Every parents wants all these for their kids, to the extent we put every school under the microscope. you have to cut a little slack..like sitting barefoot in the school is not a big issue when you compare some of the things in other schools.

if you read most of the discussions here, you will believe what i am saying.

it is better to visit the schools and form your own opinion when you have so many points already to be ticked in your mind.

the school is ok. as is for all newly formed school the teething problems will be there.

3. Nightingales

Nightingales New IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,

Thanks for your reply. It helped me realise there is nothing that may match all our criteria. Also the supply of such schools is less in chennai. Education is the topic over which many voice concern including the print media. Atleast till 5th grade i want my kid to be less stressed ( im stressed out hell a lot in making that happen). also we are not the get your kid into IIT types which most of the chennai schools are. Which school do your rkids go to and what generally is your approach. If im not able to get in any other school i would atleast change my approach.
    Thanks
    Nightingles.