1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mad At My Hubby Right Now

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by SRK123, Oct 1, 2017.

1. SRK123

SRK123 Silver IL'ite

hi ladies,
    Im going crazy at home with kids, i have a lot of stress which im showing on my husband by fighting with him. something triggers my anger and i start talking about how im feeling and then it turns into me throwing a fit on him, i scream and push him and bang my head to wall etc.while i cry a lot.. all this goes on for good 3-4 hours..

To me, it looks like im having too much stress and a hard day- to -day life at home with kids, and this is showing out in this way.. I also have history of depression, medicine didnt work for me, therapy worked a little bit , but self-talk and meditation helped me a lot....we both agree that we dont have a balanced lifestyle.. we dont have social life, we dont do any hobbies, we dont take breaks no time to exercise, all this because he has too much work and busy all the time..

we have written some schedule which is really good, workable, but somehow i think he doesnt try enough to stick with it.. mostly he wont sleep on his schedule time, he streches, and he has hard time waking up, and sometimes its not him but something else comes up which eats his work time, then he cant sleep on time coz he needs to finish it..

he used to work 12-16 hrs a day last year, hence all personal works got postponed and since last two months he is working 8 hours a day and doing our pending personal works, and the whole day is getting done with those things, no time for ourself, no break time for him or for me.. he is relatively in better position than me, my day is even more stressful than him..

He totally believes that im stressed out and i need some me time and exercise to get a balance.. he tells me that he will takes my little one out everyday so that i can meditate( it helps me a lot).. and one hour for my exercise.. Then i told him one hour everyday is enough for me - i can meditate or exercise depending upon how i feel that day.. but somehow it wont happen.. there are reasons, but i think he can still get it done if he really cares about me.. Not getting that one hour is one thing - now i also feel that if he really cares about me he need to make sure he takes time to do that.. i said that to him yesterday and he is telling me that im busy when he tried sometimes to go with kid, which is not true.. actually what happened was, he does it for hardly 1-2 days and then something comes up then he cant go.. i think whatever it may be at the work front, i dont know what he is dealing with, but i think he can be determined enough take one hour for me to save me from so much stress.
    i can 100% tell you that he can take that one hour from his schedule and give it to me if he really want to.. Also what is going to happen if he cuts one hour from his work time, i told him its ok as long as he doesnt lose his job, i have a history of depression and i dont want to get into it one more time, im also not completely recovered.. and how will i recover, i dont get a breathing space here.. putting him in a preschool is underway but till then i need this break time, im not asking to do this forever.. im pretty sure he is not going to lose his job if he does this,,

And sometimes we have discussions(not fights) in the night,when kids sleep, on how to work things out, he sleeps while im talking about ideas on how to fix this problem(we do it on weekend nights)

he happily sleeps when i have to wake up in the morning for kids, i have to wake him or he wont wake up, cant he be more responsible? Its more like this for everything related to day to day life, i have to tell him to do it or he wont be responsible and do it by himself.. he wont even understand what im talking about.. he also talks very less and looks at my face with a Question mark in his face, when im asking hime something related to this.. In other words, i think that we can work it out if he really wants to, but looks like he is not strong enough.. Let me add one thing, whenever this topic comes, i find him uneasy and he tries to divert the topic.. or goes to bathroom and comes back after sometime and wont start the topic by himself, i have to again start bugging him...

I am getting a feeling that he is not worth it.. i told him that i cant live in this relation if this imbalance is continuing.. i dont know if im really gonna do that.. but this thread has been continuing since years.. and im really losing my mind.. its not that i dont want him, its hard for me to leave him as i want to be with him, i will be broken if i have to break up with him.. but my self respect is at stake now.. he also begs me to never leave him if i ever say about breaking up.. but why doesnt he care about me if he really loves me..

2. SRK123

SRK123 Silver IL'ite

i have another important point here, when im stressed like this, im not giving my kids my 100%, i can do much better than what im doing right now.. my kids are definitely getting effected by all this,, but since they are so young, i think i still have a chance to get things back on track if i start performing well as a mom, again -he hardly has time for kids, but if i am feeling good then i can do wonders, i even plan time for him with kids, i will get the house back into balance, its just a matter of my one hour break

3. SRK123

SRK123 Silver IL'ite

another thing - he also says that we can be together for kids sake etc.. which indirectly give me a message that, he is ok not to fix things between us and still have me live with him - in the pretext of doing it for kids, i have a different opinion, kids are going to get effected if we separate, but its temporary and we can have a parenting plan, but we are fighting like this then they are going to be effected for life, also im giving wrong message to them on how relationships work,
    also we spend like atleast10 hours a week to fight, so we can prevent it if we stick to the one hour rule, we are anyway spending time in a destructive way, why not plan well and do it in a constructive way.. we both are still in love with each other, though we talk about separation im sure we both dont like to do that.. but he has to take that decision to be responsible.. he has no complaints on me..

Sorry for this long vent in multiple posts, but i needed to do this,, and hoping for some suggestions..

4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op,12 to 16 hrs a day is too much work for one person.
    The poor guy is over worked .
    He has a wife and kids to support. Asking him to do less at work is not right.

Instead why don' t you get a maid or a nanny to take care of the kids for 1 or 2 hrs .

Do your exercise or meditation before he comes home tired so that he has a more relaxed wife to come home to . If you are relaxed,he will relax and you both will be able to take care of yourself,each other and your kids better.

Hope thing work out for you and you feel better soon.

sindmani likes this.
  5. LearnItAll

LearnItAll New IL'ite

What is your daily routine? Maybe someone can give you some suggestions to tweak it.

6. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

That's right @yellowmango said.. get a maid.. u really need to go see doc I guess ur harmone is imbalanced ,,I would be angry n frustrated all time too..
    just get break go visit ur family if u have history of depression .. it helps ...
    True talk to ur husband ask him to be more involved in day to day but wen he is free too ..

7. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

This helps no one. Not your husband, nor your kids and most definitely not you. Feeling stressed is one thing, but acting it out destructively is another. You need to uncouple the different aspects of this problem if you are to address it effectively. This does not mean that the different aspects are unrelated - only that it is easier to separate the issues and deal with them individually. They become a bit more tractable that way. If you lump everything together, it will all seem an overwhelming tangle and appear unsolvable.

You have learned that your husband is unable, at least for now, to relieve you from childcare duties as much as you would like. As Yellowmango has suggested, get some help. Even a few hours a day or predictable times each week will give you some respite and something to look forward to. Don't dump it all on your husband. He may be at fault, but even then, the responsibility for your own well-being lies with you. If these outbursts last 3-4 hours your husband may be avoiding them by focusing on work. This is a self-reinforcing cycle.

Seek some counselling to handle your outbursts. You have done that before, and it helped. What these episodes say is that you are not yet ready to stop. Get back into it.

That question about the daily routine above is a valid one. If you post it here (there are relevant threads with a lot of information), you might get useful advice. If you share how many kids you have and at what ages, you might get good feedback from experienced mothers who have already been through all that. Just go ahead and start a "Managing My Stress" thread. Write how you are coping daily. That will make you more self-aware. This will also help you identify your stressors and triggers. If you learn to recognize them, you will not be a slave to fleeting emotion.

Good Luck! Hope you feel better soon! :beer-toast1:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  8. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Clearly you are depressed and you have a history of depression, so it is important you seek medical attention right away. If medication isn't helpful, inform that to your doctor, so he/she may refer something else.
    Whatever you are doing right now is only the symptoms of your medical condition, and it is not intentional.
    There are something that you can control, something like this you need professional help to control.
    Please understand this, and seek medical attention immediately.

For general points,
    1) Your H is not at fault here. He works for 16 hrs daily, and face emotional abuse from wife for another 4 hrs. Which is not fair.
    2) There are single mothers, who work outside and do chores at home. Compared to them, your struggle as a primary parent at home is not that problematic.
    If you can't handle everything, then go easy on yourself.
    Order 1-2 meals from outside, eat refrigerated meal, get paid help for some works like cleaning/washing, and send your kids to day care for some hrs at least.
    This way, you get some free time to sleep or exercise or do whatever you have to do.
    3) Please understand, every mother goes through such a stressful time at some phase when both the kids are young, naughty and hard to manage. It takes a whole village to raise a kid, so handling them singlehandedly can make you frustrated. Bur remember, this is not permanent.
    Go easy with your other matters, because child care is your priority now a days.
    4) Accept your H's work schedule and corporate with it. Not every family and their life style is similar to each other. Don't compare.

9. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

There are spouses who "work" long hours, because they are reluctant to go home early and deal with whatever it is that bothers them at home. In some cultures/countries it would be an acceptable thing for worker-bees to go to a drinking establishment and get some arrack and masala-vadai, talk some office gossip, and then head home. It is a scheme to avoid having to deal with the arithmetic homework of the fourth grader, or the english essay of a middle schooler. Or a nagger at home.

It is a destructive spiral when a depressed spouse at home is waiting to start a squabble, and the squabble-fearing spouse is getting drunk in a bar, or playing solitaire on his computer at work, waiting to go home late enough so that the squabble-starter would be too darn tired.

Wouldn't it be good to separate, and lead their own lives ? So long as the working spouse likes work, and willing to fund the home, the home-spouse can hire maids/man-servants and have a peaceful home for herself and the children. The working spouse can move out to a closer-to-work place to live, and get a win-win situation for the family overall.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    nandinimithun and yellowmango like this.
  10. SRK123

SRK123 Silver IL'ite

hi ladies,
    its not like he works 16 hours now. it was last year.. at that time it was the need, so i was the one who encouraged him to take his time - 16 hours is what i gave him in a day, to himself- its not just work- he watches cricket, he takes breaks to go have coffe and play some pool, he worked even on weekends for 8 hours, i didnt even ask him to get groceries, fully supported him.. i didnt expect anything from him at that time.. i managed things on my own.. even now im not asking him to stop working. i wrote down a schedule which is very easy to follow. im only telling him to prioritize things and do things one by one.. while making time for kids.. my kids ask for their dad..
    I also feel that he needs to spend a little time with them at this age to bond with them.. and he has been like this for years now.. its not a temporary situation.. so what is our family gaining from this? so basically is the expectation that he works the whole day and too exhausted for family and this goes on for years.. he can take it a little slow - nobody is asking him to compromise his career.. but he can follow schedules which i made, which are very much doable.. i didnt marry just for the money he gets home, we need him in our lives, we are constantly in waiting mode and he is in his own world..