1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Maa

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Geeta,

i post humor mostly, but such subjects come, that i am forced to write on them, just to put forward my views strongly, so that people become aware, and take care not to repeat the mistakes that others have made.

To be old, is bad, but to be old and poor is worse, worse than hell and worse than death. So i wanted to convey to all to keep asie a kitty for old age, and not bestow when alive on the children, after death it is their's anyway.

if u wish i surely will write there, for i have seen it in my family, read my reply to the previous FB. i surely will write there.

i have never been there, but i will surely.

Regards

kamal

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sushma,

True that girls are a better bet these days, agreed. What i want to convey here, is for the elders to keep their homes and money with them in old age, and only after they die, they will it to their kids.

Regards

kamal

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vids,

Even this lady,Vids must nbe loving her sons, but to what avail really. Better to stay alone, have money for maids, servants, and doctors, than to see the faces of such cruel children, better think of them a s dead.

shameful and nauseating really.

Regards

kamal

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

dear SSC,\

Yes i wish like u, that they grow up, and stop having illusions really. Sad really very sad wha thappend and wha tis happeneing everyday.

Regards

kamal

Do u know there is a law in Singapore, that if the parents complain of mistrteatment, the children are put behind bars, and gifted property is restored back to them? wonderful, na !!!

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Prana,

A lady i knew, widow, house in her husband's name and getting some 6000 pension, 4 sons and 2 daughters, all married.Staying the eldest son.

The DIL hated her, and this lady was handicapped, and was made to do her own cooking, no one spoke to her.
    They came to me for a decision, the DIL and the lady. The children wanted to sell the house, the lady wanted to stay with her cruel DIL, who said, that u will have to give me your share, if u want to stay with me.

i told the lady not to sell, but she agreed, one of her overseas son came , took his share and his motehrs share,told her come with me, left her in another country with his sister and ran away with her money.

Ultimately she died abroad, ppenniless and sick.

what does one say, when the motehr loves her son so much, that she is ready to accept milstreatment too.

Regards

kamal

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aruna,

i just pray and hope u get a good DIL. But it is better to seperate the son and his wife beforehand, let them lead their own life, the love will be more after that , if they receiprocate, great, if they dont, dosnt matter, for u are done with ur duty, and now u are free to lead yr life the way u want it from now on.

Yes today's parents should become strong, true. Well good to know u have a great equation with yr son, the banter and laughter, heavenly.

do u know i came to delete this blog for there were no comments for around 4 or 5 hours, then i saw 3 comments so let it stay.HAHA

Regards

kamal

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Amu,

Welcome to my blogs, and thanks for the kind words.

Regards

kamal

8. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji....,
    A thought provoking post ...It is nowadays very common for sons to behave like that ...So the solution said by you is very good but....there are sons who view whatever money the parents have as his....

9. EverHappy

EverHappy Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Kamalji,
    Thanks for considering sharing valuable insights of your family. I completely agree, in fact, I respect that parents must keep what they have to themselves. I even tell my parents that, it’s their hard work, what’s the use if they don’t enjoy it, and keep it for us. They give us good values and a good education that opens a huge arena for us to make our life.

I believe even if parents want to live with their children that isnt wrong as long as they are mentally independent. Emotionally I do know we get dependent on our loved ones, but its wisdom to realise each one is on their own in this journey of life.

Loved it when you said 'i am never bored, and never will be.' My father is also very similar.. We younger ones have got loads to learn from you elders.

In my utmost naivety and if I may say so (many mothers might punch me for this), mothers (most of them) dedicate more time to their children from childhood and make children their sole purpose of life, and when children tread their own paths they feel insecure and emotionally deprived. So may be its important for the mother to save some time and 'life' for themselves and consider children as a part of their life rather than life itself.

Again, a pleasure to read your snippets, and many others here. Glad I found this section. :)

Kind Regards,

10. Uttaraa

Uttaraa Platinum IL'ite

Kamalji,

I fall short of words when I read such posts. I really don't know what to say. I feel sometimes it is difficult for people who have spent their whole live holding the domestic baton and content with their simple and provincial living to change their thinking process. It is unreasonable to expect that they would change with the changing times. Their upbringing and exposure to the world is limited and hence they believe more in shaping of future by destiny rather than one'e own efforts. I personally feel that it is banging one's head on a hard rock trying to understand who was wrong. Some lives are different to deal and difficult to experience with the mindset we seem to harbour. Thats all I can say !

Boo...hoo..I would prefer our Kamalji with lively posts. It is more difficult for me to digest it when it comes from you ..you atleast bring that shower of fun in IL and I love it ..

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011