1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch: What Is Your Idea Of A Well-balanced Non-vegetarian Quick Lunch ?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Nonya, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Airfryer Fish cutlets (mackerel and sardines with ginger , green chillies and lemon juice) with a side salad .

Naari and Nonya like this.
  2. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

What is the recipe? What else was mixed with the fish-meal, what temperature, how long, brand of airfryer(wattage power)?
    I bet it was already eaten; however, were there any photos?

Naari and Sandycandy like this.
  3. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

No other ingredients , just plenty of ginger and green chillies . I use canned mackerel and sardines , so it's already cooked . I dip it in rava or bread crumbs and fry for 4 mins at 400 deg F , turn over and give it 3-4 mins more . I have a GOWise airfryer , I cook everything at 400 deg F, makes food crisp better and quicker.
    I make these with fresh tilapia too , but cook the fish in the microwave before making the cutlets. The canned mackerel and sardine combination is more tastier though .
    No pics , sorry ! We make this on a weekday after work and gobble them down right away! Will remember to take pics next time !

Naari likes this.
  4. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

@Rihana, @Gauri03,

This is that muhawara ....khoda pahad tho nikla chooha or throw a Gatsby party and only two familiar guests turn up.

I rarely post non-vegetarian pictures. Then I thought, let me check who are the non-vegetarians on the site so that, if needed, I could run to them for tips on marination and techniques. Only two mice turned up. I promised you, Rihana, to send sorrel and prawns recipe (long ago). If not that then yeh sahi. Now, I know which two faces to run to ..hey how to tenderize those lamb chops for juicy taste, how to cook a fowl. Mind you, I might slyly sneak in such inquiries in Positivity under the garb of ''learning'. The tribe of familiar non-vegetarians is virtually non-existence on the site.

Thank you for the solidarity, no matter how shrimp-sized it is.

Gauri03 and Rihana like this.
  5. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Quite often we see interesting servings at a restaurant, and we can adapt that at home.
    I was served a salmon pate with salmon eggs on top with couple of green leaves of parsley. In a tin ramekin with a lid. And three very regular saltine crackers.
    First course on a hungry stomach. With some sparkling wine. Goes down rather well.
    i have decided to make this for gatherings at home. I have made salmon pate before, and salmon eggs, as well as even black caviar is available in Costco.
    upload_2017-8-27_17-45-41.png

Salmon pate recipe: In a small sized blender, blend about 100 grams of smoked salmon (costco), 100 grams cream cheese (also costco), couple of teaspoons of lemon juice and a little freshly ground pepper. Scrape the paste out and serve in a ramekin or a bowl, with a butter knife for spreading on a wafer, cracker, pita bread, roti wedges etc.. Salmon eggs, decorative green leaf etc. optional.

mushroomm likes this.
  6. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

upload_2017-10-5_13-45-56.png

Some left-over wide-beans(avaraikkai) poriyal, a left-over masala from a week-ago dosa(i) making, and a couple of slices of baguette served with a few pieces of steak-fry-with-garlic. (Cilantro, hid under the bread slices)

Wine: Bordeaux, Les Chartrons, 2013

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  7. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Tea, Chicken (hidden) Chili, and toasted baguette with fromage:
    upload_2017-10-20_16-16-1.png

8. divyagunukula

divyagunukula New IL'ite

Chciken liver with rice/chapati

meepre likes this.
  9. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Prawns stir-fried rice & mint raita.
    Bulgar wheat pulav with fish chettinad.

(Smoothies are self-indulgent embellishments in the picture.)

upload_2017-11-11_20-37-37.png