1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch Menu Samples -- Non Veg included

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by annublogs, Nov 30, 2011.

1. annublogs

annublogs New IL'ite

Hi,

I am very very new here. I got into this forum only for the sake of reading novels / stories online. Hi hi hi.... nothing else. But as I suffer from "Searchomania" now and then for my toddler's lunch box, I thought to check it out here. I saw some links, saw some ideas, But I think ti would be nice if we keep a thread, to put samples, as effective so that the other person who will be in need next time, just comes to the thread, selects a menu and go happy :))

Some notes:
    We are muslims, so we use non-veg, but not all what you can buy in walmart / costco.
    The school where my son goes is very strict about portions. The lunch should have a fiber/whole grain food, greens, egg / meat/ meat equivalent. They supply milk in the afternoon, so that's not a worry for dairy. Still I add a cheese stick every other day, or a yogurt box depending upon the weather. Now, let's go. :)

So, here's what I sent to my 3.5 year old Toddler boy:

Monday:
    1. Maggi - Atta noodles.
    2. Chicken Seekh kabab (we use very little spice, so we all eat the same :)
    3. Chinese green beans stir fry ( more than our 'poriyal' this version retains lot of nutrients in it fully.. and yummy)
    4. Cheese stick

Tuesday:
    1. Wheat dosa - small pancake sized.
    2. Boiled egg and sliced with pepper and salt sprinkled upon.
    3. Broccoli fry (Google search "From India's Vegetarian Cooking: Broccoli with Five Spices" and you will get to the top recipe of our home. I don't add lemon juice at the end. And my son loves this version :)
    4. Colby Jack Cheese stick

I will try, if I can to add the photos when I get time. If someone can put their ideas too in this form, it will be helpful for me too :) Thanks.

2 people like this.

2. annublogs

annublogs New IL'ite

Hi,

Today's Lunch menu:

1. Whole wheat Mac and cheese -- Shredded Spinach mixed at the last stage :)
    2. Soy meat patty
    3. Broccoli fry (Had no other vegetable, and he finishes broccoli clean :)
    :)

I also go to work. So have to save time and efforts. I give him rice in the evening, when he comes home. So it becomes his dinner. Occasionally we eat Dosa / Roti in the evening, else we all love to eat rice in the evening, piping hot with curries and side dishes :)

@Zingy, thanks for liking - Share your thoughts and menu samples as well :)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  3. annublogs

annublogs New IL'ite

Hi,

Today's Lunch Menu:

1. Whole wheat Pasta with a Indian taste :) (I mix different designs and keep.)
    2. Spinach egg omelette. (Sometimes I sprinkle little cheese too )
    3. Raisins

:)

4. zingy

zingy Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

:) I dont do much of cooking so cant share much.
    anyways here are my thoughts based on my niece's choices.
    Being kids looks in food also matter them a lot and taste comes default so my sis makes our usual menu with some variations for her in teeny tinny sizes be it idily or dosa or chapathi. Niece just loves it. there hace been days when she opens her food box in the morning itself and says amma I will eat this here itself and not in school. somewhere she got this notion that she is going to school to eat in the lunch study and play are just
    things she does in free time .:)

My today's choice
    1.Pocket roties stuffed with mushroom/chicken (check pocket roties in shiva's blog)
    2.Sundal

Annu , can you share/pm me recipe for chicken seek kabab

A request to everyone to share recipes for the not so common menus :)

5. annublogs

annublogs New IL'ite

Hi Zingy,

That's true.... we can make our traditional items with a twist so that it will be pleasant looking and also tasting good. But, school's rule is that the meal should have all its portions (and it's good too...), if suppose they see that the food is not having proper portion, they will skip our food and give theirs to him. As a Muslim, I cant take all the outside food without checking it to see if it meets our guidelines, thus I follow the principle and make sure I send in that which is also loved by my son :)

I will check the pocket rotis also. Sounds too good :) And I will try to post the recipe for Chicken Seekh Kabab in the weekend :)

Today's Menu:

1. Wheat Semiya with minced Chicken
    2. Green Beans Fry
    3. Blue berries

Have a great weekend :) Bye all :)

6. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Annu,

Your menu sounds very different than the regular ones..Would love to see the pictures too and their recipes..

7. JothiSaravanan

JothiSaravanan New IL'ite

My LO is 19 months old and very picky eater. I want him to have egg everyday, sometimes I boil egg and blend with rice+dhal, at times he eats but not all times if egg smell is predominant. So, can you anyone share me the recipe with eggs? Important he doesnt like to chew much could be my mistake i always gave him mashed/blended food. He takes 2-3 bites and then refuses to take food, so i tired omlette and egg scramble but it didnt work out. Can you suggest some recipe?

8. ansureeba

ansureeba Bronze IL'ite

hi,

try egg dosa... he might like it...

beat the egg and pour over the dosa batter while making...

Regards,
    Ansu

9. JothiSaravanan

JothiSaravanan New IL'ite

Let me give a try and update you my son's feedback :)
    also i read egg custard recipe, looks to be simple on too, planning to try this weekend.