1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch Ideas - Creating Balanced Vegetarian Meals

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

having a dinner party tonight, so just had a light brunch.. morning had some juice.. brunch was salads (cherry tomatoes, strawberries, raspberry, green apples, rose moong sprouts, cucumber lettuce and olives) and potato coriander soup

72A5AA74-092A-4552-AEDE-A5A2F1EE8BC8.jpeg
    7C5695E8-303B-497C-8712-42FCC81939D1.jpeg

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

119ED8F7-ABF8-44D1-9B5A-465DE77A9B38.jpeg
    DB26B22A-65BE-41C3-9FE4-E30811AABA68.jpeg

yesterday was a milestone bday of a loved one so celebration mood. pastries cakes and traditional payasam missing.

salads had loads of berries too.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

337A612F-0777-4023-9D02-C162A0E0C7C9.jpeg

when you find more fruits you end up juicing.. and when you sneak things you juice it up promptly.. just kidding.. being summer juicing feels a great breakfast option..

the pink/red is watermelon, blackcurrants, strawberry and raspberry with ginger

the green is cheat.. ashgourd/poosanikkai, apple, lemon, ginger wnd coriander

9695605B-4E51-444C-89AB-82E9977C3E2A.jpeg BCDDB396-29AB-4B47-BBF6-33FECEF28011.jpeg
    salads (methi sprouts, lettuce, cucumber, apples olives and sunflower seeds) radish sabji, string beans sabji sambar and curds..

4. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Lovely plates shan . Which brand of juicer do u use? Weekend brunches are what we all look forward to at home. Sat was Broccoli morkozhambu, dondakkai roast, kothavarangai (cluster beans) parupussili and rasam. My std weekday breakfast clicked as well.(oats cooked with 1/2 cup of 2 % milk + 1 mejdool date + berries and a tbsp of nuts).

Attached Files:

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

have a black and decker jag @justanothergirl but not here. feels like a waste to hoard more. i blend and strain extra work but worth the effort..

may succumb to get one though if offers look good in this month

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

i stay away from mejdool because of its load. staying jn a place famous for dates my family does not eat much. we get them fresh from thr farm too.. sigh tried everything callrd it brain drink too never could make them. we end up gifting dates every time.. healthier than the chocolates..

i love the traditional cooking oats with yoghurt and fruits and seeds.. but koozhu is our staple for the summer.

it is jowar koozhu for the week.. add some buttermilk and a curd chilly or just salt bliss. that is what the dh carries in a fancy mug too

yenetishashi likes this.
  7. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

The pulp waste in juicing is what is holding me back .
    u mean high in calories?
    For 65 cal a piece its not too bad given that its nutritionally dense and we can pretty much skip all sweeteners whenever its used. Ofcourse one needs to be careful with portion.
    Jowar koozhu sounds yum. Need to try making it sometime.

Shanvy likes this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

is it only 65.. i have read it is anywhere between 85-100. and i don’t tolerate too sweet ones. the fresh ones have a slight bittery taste lingering which is fine for me.

do try the koozhu it soothens the tummy snd keeps it cool..

i know the fibre is what used to worry me a lot. but most days the ones i make the wastage is minmial. i even juiced the white part of watermelon.. i know a cheeky sneak.. but i hardly had a tablespoon of waste. i hear some juicers produce minimal waste. use it as composting waste and grow your owm stuff. i wish i could do that..

justanothergirl likes this.
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

021A2C26-5A2C-45C6-A335-8FCC22793AEF.jpeg
    C253FC58-5D93-4B19-9349-EA81B8649097.jpeg
    beets sabji, chana masala, salads, lemon rasam and rice.

10. kalcandu

kalcandu Silver IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,

I bought a bottle of black olives to use in salads after seeing your posts. This is the first time I am eating olives and unfortunately I didnt like its taste. Now I am wondering how to use it all up. Any ideas? I would be grateful. Especially if it can be a recipe which masks the taste of the olives.

Shanvy likes this.