1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch Ideas - Creating Balanced Vegetarian Meals

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. maggi32

maggi32 IL Hall of Fame

I l lick both the cones so that no one l touch them :p:facepalm:

Oh sorry tht done with Cable bar {gym} ....at home means not poss.
    SunPa try for 91 - 120 secs plank. I l look happy till 100 secs & later l start sweating like a pig.

2. maggi32

maggi32 IL Hall of Fame

Stachi not fair....u shudnt divide eatable items in my absence :nono:

satchitananda likes this.
  3. maggi32

maggi32 IL Hall of Fame

Shans dont hit me for forcing her to post pics :rolleyes:

Thanks SunPa...now u r a gd gal pa :hearteyes:

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

There was another one for you. Why are you crying?

maggi32 likes this.
  5. maggi32

maggi32 IL Hall of Fame

Oh ok i l take orange one. Shodin missed all tindis!

parineetha likes this.
  6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

I've already eaten the orange one. You can have the empty mould.

P.S. I added it to my calorie chart.

parineetha, Shanvy and maggi32 like this.
  7. maggi32

maggi32 IL Hall of Fame

Satchi what i booked was orange holder one ....check those pics ;)

8. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

We all should really do! I have too many queries on spices.

I have only recently discovered the spice route. Earlier, all spices were a mash-up garam masala, but these days I buy whole spices or ground spices and experiment with the proportions. Here's nutmeg. When you look close at it in a store, you will notice different brands have different colour. I don't know why such a colour gradation . Exposure to sun, oxidation? I prefer to buy the darkest. I usually buy sachets or phials of different brands and sample to check out the aroma and taste before I stick with a brand. Back in India, I never knew there was something called "nutmeg". All the dishes walked into the dining room with no clue of the mise en scene condiments that my mom handled in the kitchen to deliver that Masterchef-styled colour and texture.

Nutmeg.PNG

Next, the odd spices. These days, I am fascinated with the un-pronounceable Indian spices that I never heard of when I was in India. Here's Tukmuria and Tookbaloonga. You have to soak and all. I need time babe, where is the time. I would love to try out all these spices. One at a time! So I buy 50/100 grams packets in Indian stores because I don't even know how to use them. Hmm, you know, now that you have broached, to extract the essential taste of a spice should we soak in water and grind, or roast and powder, which one brings out the true aroma and taste. I don't know. Lot to read.

Tukmuria.PNG

Since Shanvy mentioned ginger, here's mango ginger. Its shameful that I never knew such spice wonders back in India when they were available aplenty for wholesale in markets. Ooooh! The Delhi spice bazaar. I should visit Delhi, the political crown of India. There's this Raja Rasoi aur anya Kahaniyan tv series for streaming on Netflix. I love that program! There was an episode on food in Delhi. Back to mango ginger, I shred, or sometimes chop, and mix with everything. It tastes like mango, mild, not too tart. I prep all my condiments during the weekend — chop, dice, shred and freeze it for weekly use. We all should do a spice thread at least I can learn to powder or paste the spices.

MG.png

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@Gauri03 ggreat tips. There was a time i added the oil tsps and extra dal too to my food list
    Seriously obsessive when i started losing those inches..
    And i follow the closest approximate that feel my menu and recipe could relate too and i sometimes go with the higher number and my allowed calorie is 1350 and i do 1400 to 1800 but burn it. Can't afford going to 1350 and then reduce it to 1200 triggering starvation mode. My system reacts funnily.

When i check my history from 2010 i am like "kya kya kiya is body keliye ab nah bekaar jaaye yeh joshe-junoon..par yeh gabapentin naam ka gabbar peecha nah chodhtah..and i am on a yo-yo.. seriously discipline and consistency and comittment was the key to my sucess which i am not able to do now.

So @satchitananda it helps those who need that watch. You don't actually need it you eat very less. Maybe your body is used to eating less.

10. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Soya mince and peas.

I usually splay my roti like a mat. Because everyone was neatly folding a roti like a handkerchief, me too foldu today.

SoyaC.PNG

damini, Indhradhanu, Gauri03 and 4 others like this.