1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch Ideas - Creating Balanced Vegetarian Meals

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shanthi mam,

the pickle is so yummy . Yesterday night it goes well with my raita as a good side Dish....

Nice plate of kali , salad, yam and pongal.
    today even I woke up at 4:15 and prepared kali and ven pongal but for my part I ate oats pongal. Hubby was having it at 6:15 itself. While serving , I starting drooling... For the smell of ven pongal and kali with roasted nuts and ghee.... Then I controlled myself with banana , digestive biscuit and tea.... :waveTea in the early morning after a head bath is really heaven.....sorry to distract you all in this thread....

As inspired by your beans list,yesterday I prepared 5 beans soup it was yummy, I had 1 1/4 cup in the evening itself...I planned for 1 cup... But couldn't control me took 1/4 more cup... I used whit channa, soya, black Mysore dal, rajma and lobiya.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Varhem see this was the intention of the thread. with health issues i have so many restrictions that anything wrong even if i skip meds by mistake my scale will show a 2kg increase next day. my body retains water easily. barley comes to the rescue frequently. another tip from me if you find the barley cooks and fluffs big to your taste. run it once on pulser mode to break it into pieces. sieve it and use the grains instead of rice. use the fine flour in soups. enjoy variations.

2 people like this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Simplemom will reply in the evening. we have maintenance shut down. typing from phone is painful and too many mistakes

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Mahe love be a good girl and have a katori of the kali. i had mine. you dont need to be that syrict. think of today as your cheat day. enjoy festivals. eat with your family. these are simple things we take for granted but are very important.

I love masala tea very much. a cup of tea, sarod vadan and a novel in hand is how i plan to spend afternoon.

5. mathiravi

mathiravi Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Shanvy ma'am, one plate please for me ... Yup, tommorrow, got to make kali and pongal.. I make with moong dal and white rice.. This time thought of replacing white with brown rice.. Let me see, howitzer goes..

1 person likes this.
  6. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

yes powershut down still read all the posts in much eager with the help of inverter :-0
    awaiting for you reply mam.....regarding oil..........earlier i used canola oil but not aware whether that is good for health....my problem is to reduce 10 kg, and my husband has inflammation (crp) and hence i need to be more cautious in each and everything which i am preparing....good amount of vegges and fruits, no maida, no excess salt and sugar, increasing usage of turmeric, ginger etc...as he has arthritis beginning stage too....so much planning nowadays for cooking....
    but you are the only inspiration for me when comes to healthy cooking, i admire the way you manage your cooking for both you and for your kids, along with fil (elder) i know it is so tedious in the beginning and now you are expert in this....as someone asked you, how do you manage two different types of cooking, you cook seperately for you or making some planning at the time of single cooking itself....
    will be so helpful if you explain your planning too.....thanks, catch u in the eve....

1 person likes this.
  7. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

Shanvy, lovely spreads..and i am wondering how you make so many varieties daily

1 person likes this.
  8. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Hi laks, i got that from an ad :) 4 sp of oil.....
    btw here as shanvy mam said do not know which is the original olive oil. Even our cardia olive contains some amount of corn oil which is not good for my husband, so i am confused if i go to supermarket to choose healthy oils. Once i were buying canola but later i heard my relaive saying whether it is also good for us...as it is expressed from seeds...
    So now again started using gingelly oil for everything....and reduced the usage of refined oils.

1 person likes this.
  9. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

OK, so here goes. My lunch today. It was very simple, routine fare. Nothing special. I had chappatis. Was naughty after a long time and had a teaspoon full of mango pickle. :p Moong dal, beans-carrot-onions veg with a sprinkling of coconut, curd with grated carrots, onions, green pepper pickle corns, tadka of jeera.

Attached Files:

10 people like this.
  10. varhem

varhem IL Hall of Fame

Shanvy,will try your tip.I prepared carrot pickle(your recipe),it was great.I want recipe for 15 bean soup and how do you cook foxmillet.it apears white in your plate.

1 person likes this.