1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch Ideas - Creating Balanced Vegetarian Meals

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Shan, amazing !!! God bless.

Sorry guys, bit busy with moving and stuff, was off for a while :) Hope to come in more now.

1 person likes this.
  2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@chandrikav mam i know you will think of us and have a word of prayer for all of us..but i miss the activity in this space..

@nandshyam nanduuuuuuuuuu...how are you. long time. how is your dd doing. how is life.so happy to see you here...

1 person likes this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Today is the 3rd day of navarathri..and the 3rd day of maa as durga..today she is chandraghanta..she adorns the moon as a bell hence chandra ghanta.. she is peace personified. she has a third eye and is the guardian for justice and hence bestows you the courage and strength to fight challenges..

Today being a thursday, a pooja for sai too..

2015-10-15-12-46-19-640.jpg . 20151015_125049.jpg
    May they shower their blessings on all of us.

Today's neivedyam sago halwa, karamani/cowpea sundal, carrot rice, and milk.

9 people like this.
  4. ChandrikaV

ChandrikaV IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shans,

i know you fadt on Thursdays. Please take extra care as you are recovering from injuries. My prayers for all friends.

I really pray for peace as Ma Durga is peace personified.

1 person likes this.
  5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi buddies, so good to see everyone here. Have come here after a long time. Missed all of you and so stayed away. Shall come regularly again now that everyone is back here.

Happy Navarathri to all of you. Been busy here. Have started taking classes more often now including Saturdays and Sundays. Composting and gardening also keeps me busy. So all in all have my hands quite full.

Diet? Well, leaves a lot to be desired. Have managed to keep at the same weight for more than 2-3 months, but am desperate that it is not going down. Can't cut down any more. So what will be will be. Shall eat healthy and be happy with whatever is. :-D So long as I am on my feet and managing to keep mentally and physically active, all izzz well! :-D

3 people like this.
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@1sandhya i used 100gms shikakai, 100gms reetha powder, and the rest just 2 tblsp each.. it is just that i did a few trial and combination to arrive at the best combination that would not dry or not leave her hair greasy.

i mix everything, sieve it well and store it. use a dry spoon. it remains great for months..

for my dd's hair i add 3 tbslp of the powder in 500ml of hot water.leave it soaked overnight and mix, and strain early morning...use it like shampoo.

so if you find that your hair is still greasy see if adding a little more reetha powder make it lighter..or you can just add a few spoons of rice powder to the whole combination..

1 person likes this.
  7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@Chandrikav cvmam will definitely take care.

@satchitananda welcome back.. i need this space to keep us on track..keep company..not necessary we should talk about food that is not rice..

1 person likes this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Today is the 4th day, maa is actually prayed to as maa lakshmi. today maa is kushmanda the creator. it is said that she created the universe from nothing..
    she bestows health and wealth..

2015-10-16-12-03-46-813.jpg 2015-10-16-12-05-26-812.jpg

Let maa bestow upon everyone health and the wealth of happiness,contentment.

today's neivedhyam was moth/payaru sundal, thinai pongal made with palm jaggery, mahaneivedyam (rice) and milk as usual..

9 people like this.
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

today is the 5th day of navrathri...maa is worshipped as skandamata, the mother of skanda or karthikeya..bestower of love and affection..

2015-10-17-12-00-29-006.jpg 2015-10-17-12-01-29-949.jpg

Today's neivedhyam was dal vadas, chocolate burfi (MW made), mahaneivdyam and milk..

May maa shower her love and fulfill all our desires..

4 people like this.
  10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Today is the 6th day of navarathri and maa is looked upon as lakshmi swaroopini down south..and she also worshipped as katyayani..daughter born to sage katya who underwent severe penance to be granted maa durga as his daughter..the penance were so austere that he irked the trimurthi..who created an amsa of durga and she was born to sage katya..

She is worshipped for a husband that you desire..let us say spouse. Let her grant the desires of people.

2015-10-18-10-55-36-389.jpg 2015-10-18-10-56-00-871.jpg 2015-10-18-10-56-44-014.jpg

8 people like this.