1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lump in the breast

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by RekhaViju, Dec 9, 2009.

1. RekhaViju

RekhaViju Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Poonam. I completed the a/b course. I guess my milk flow is back to normal, though Laya still prefers left side!

Laya also giggles a lot, it is really funny to see that, isnt it?

We now have similar avatars too ;-) Zoey looks like a perfect gem, started consoling her father already, hugs to her!

2. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

yay. About side preference, it is only a problem in remembering to empty your right side, but otherwise she will settle down too. I had a lopsided producer too, DS preferred the flow from the right and would always feed first from it and then the left. If I were to latch him on left first, he will be done in 2 minutes. Hopefully the blocked duct stays away now.
    p.s. do you sing? yours is the only second child I know called Laya and the other mom is also much into music.

3. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Rekha,

Its very co-incendental that even my DD prefers the left side, I think its not their preference, I think its comfortable for us as mothers to put them on the left side. Also the other day I noticed that I am more comfortable placing her on the left side, though because of the limited supply had to use both. I did read a book on "Helping Mothers to Breastfeed" by R.K.Anand. Anyways I am happy that you are feeling better now.

Laya too is all giggles :) I think sometimes if mommie is happy baby too is happy what say :wink:

4. RekhaViju

RekhaViju Bronze IL'ite

ayyo tikka, singing and me? no way ;-) I always wanted to name my daughter Shruthy, but then when my sister's daughter was born I suggested this name (she is also like my daughter, isnt she?) and they liked it and chose to name her Shruthy. Then I went for Laya for my daughter. Also living in UK, shruthy would be difficult for Europeans to pronounce whereas Laya should be easier.

Lynnette, you are right, it is mostly our preference.

Actually thinking about breastfeeding, previously I never knew there is so much to learn about it. This has been such a learning experience.

5. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Yes Rekha, I never knew that breastfeeding would be such an intense a topic.

I liked the Ayyo. Laya is a nice name short and sweet. I see Laya's new pic, Laya has grown and yes is very consoling too.

6. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Laya is going to be Princess Leia for most people, anytime better than what do to my name though. For the Americans the stress is on the second syllable and the third syllable is never, ever pronounced. The French just have a bad time with it.
    If you get access to it (or plan on other children), the Womanly Art of Breastfeeding maybe a great investment. It is by LLL. I was such a cocky person, thinking I have written a few articles now about breastfeeding, I must know most of it. The rest I can read while I am waiting for the kiddo to be born. Truly, I had a book with me trying to pace through it between contractions.
    I was totally humbled by that tiny creature who came out so angry and hungry and so vulnerable and dependent on me. The best lesson I have learnt today is to let this person, who is supposed to be my son, be my teacher. He leads, I follow. When I do, we are a great team... when I push for something, my carefully built castle crumbles.:hide:

7. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Very true, a good thoughtful note:thumbsup

8. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

:biglaugh well written n so true:thumbsup

oh btw zoey does hv a mom who lulls her to sleep everytime ;)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  9. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

And Now I feel a little lump on my left side.. but it is almost near the shoulder.. and it is paining when I touch it or try massaging it..

Rekha, did u have something like this... OMG..I already had mastitis twice and was a/b twice.. I dont feel it is mastitis as that was so painful and my B was red...

Need to wait for a day or two to see if goes away in massaging.. if not need to visit the gynaec...

Tikka, will it be something like blocked duct..? and where exactly can we expect it..? for me it is almost near the armpit...

Vidyaa

10. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Vidyaa, are you able to pump fully at work? could be that the breastmilk from the ducts near the axilla are not getting drained out... What kinda handbag do you use, clutches or those tiny things that you hug with your arms are generally a bad idea with lactation. It also depends on how well your lingerie fit you - are you wearing maternity/nursing wear? If you are wearing things fro, pre-pregnancy, it may be too tight.... Keep up with compressions while you pump and at least once a day try to ensure you are fully drained, prefereably when your baby is nursing because she is going to be so much better than a pump.