1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Lufthansa Feedback

Discussion in 'Indians in Washington DC' started by aswini, Jul 5, 2012.

1. aswini

aswini Senior IL'ite

Hello All

We (me, DH and baby) are planning an India trip, we will be flying from D C to Chennai. I would appreciate any thoughts and feed back that you could provide on Lufthansa on the following items:

1. Travel Comfort - leg room and space,
    2. Frankfurt airport logistics, and
    3. Food.

My husband has flown once when he was single, and obviously now our needs and criteria have changed.

Thanks,

Aswini

2. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Leg room, food pretty much the same in all airline.

But I have seen Singapore air hostesses being nicer and more helpful especially when traveling with kids. (of course purely based on my personal experience).

Frankfurt airport (5 years back) lacked seating and during the entire 4 hour transit, we had to stand or sit on the floor. Inspite of the limited number of seats available, I saw a few old ladies (Indians) stretching across 3-4 seats and closing their eyes totally ignoring the dozens of people standing near them. Some even tried in vain to wake them up. May be things have changed now.

3. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Aswini,

I travelled from Lufthansa 10 mnths back from Pune to DC via Frankfurt. I didn't have good experience other than one nice Air hostess . I traveled alone with my 10 mnth old kid and it was kind of night mare for me.
    1. They allow one one bag per person though Air India and other allows 2 bag.(person in checkin counter was very rude)
    2. I didn't like food (I am pure veggie). For drink they had only coke and wines (no other soft drink).
    3. Seats were not very comfortable. I was on first row and it was quite difficult to move.
    4. There were no help offered by them as needed . I called once a hostess and she came after 15 min ( I was looking to get some milk for my baby)
    5. I also didn't like Frankfurt airport. restrooms were very dirty. No diaper change stations (even I didn't get seat to sit with my baby)
    6. Thanks to Luftansa team they misplaced my baby's stroller and said you'll get in DC. Imaging how I managed with 1 laptop bag, I cabin bag and with 10 mnth old baby without stroller for 4 hours without seating).

Now I 'll never use Lufthansa even for 2-3 hours journet

4. aswini

aswini Senior IL'ite

Thanks enadian & Priya. So, Luf sounds like is / should be ruled out !!

Am hearing about Qatar from folks here. Thoughts on the same questions from original post?

Thanks,

Aswini.

5. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

No idea about Qatar.

Forgot to add this in previous post- the suffocating smell inside the airport..... Thanks to smokers. They do have spots for smoking. But still we are exposed to that.

6. aswini

aswini Senior IL'ite

"the" airport = Frankfurt?

7. falgunid18

falgunid18 Platinum IL'ite

Op... we have been travelling by Jet airways always.. (its been atleast 6 -7 times now) and found it very comfortable. It is a lil expensive, but far most the best flight for comfort.

It doesnt travel via Frankfurt (atleast while going to Bombay).

But the hospitality, service, food, seats, TV and everythign else was to be appreciated.

8. suemans

suemans Junior IL'ite

lufthanza is the airline with rude people , next coms british Airways. their seats are for toddleres. adn the chek in counter assistants need dire training on how to be courteous. i have no children or babies that need their assistance. i dread to think about it. but a middle aged woman , who feels the airline hostess and counter clerks need lots of training.
    i have travelled by Jet Airways all thorugh twice. with stop over in mumbai. they wre nice but unfortunatley there will no Jet fying out of NY jfk. if we need we have to to to Newark. that is a problem
    Delta was nice and so was Swiss.
    but now the partner sharing idea is going ot bring both carriers down or roll them on top
    best so far is Emirates. if you dont mind going via middle east

hope this helps

9. aswini

aswini Senior IL'ite

Thanks Falguni and Suemans. Have flown Emirates once and liked it. So, considering that too.

Aswini

10. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Yes. Airport = Frankfurt.