1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Loyalty

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sudhakrishna, Dec 15, 2010.

1. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

Lakshmi as the name denotes is the owner of 5 big factories. His husband vishnu started a small business but only after marring lakshmi, luck flown into his life. He has touched peak of success in what ever business he do. They have two sons, karthick doing engineering and ganesh in 12th standard.They led a happy life. Only enjoyment ,no worries.
    Now a days many costly items are missing from their house. Lakshmi didn't mind as that is a drop from their ocean. But from yesterday a 15 soverign chain was missing. Lakshmi took is serious because it is her mother's.wedding gift to her.Both vishnu and lakshmi were discussing who would be the culprit.
    vishnu said "i doubt dhanam. she is badly in need of money. she has some debts and she want some money for her children's school fees also. she would have taken it. it is a jackpot for her."
    Lakshmi replied "No dhanam is working here for more than 10 years. She is not like that. I know she needs money. she even asked that. But i didn't give. if i give it to her it will go directly into her drunkard husband's hand and he will empty it fully. I will directly pay the fees in the school. Debts matter she can manage. she is one in our family. she can't cheat us. I don't know who has taken it. "
    Both were confused and still analysed who would be the culprit.
    Dhanam was standing outside the room and listened what they spoke. She felt guilty.She decided to confess to her madam in person.
    That evening she got time to speak to lakshmi in alone.Dhanam said"Amma you are thinking me as one among your family. But i am not worthy of it. I have done injustice to you ma. Please forgive me"She cried and fall at her feet.
    Lakshmi consoled her and asked what happened, She said "Today morning i heard what you and ayya spoke regarding the chain. I know who has taken it."
    Lakshmi was astonsihed.How come she knows. As vishnu said is she the culprit?. Lakshmi waited for dhanam's words.
    She said"karthick ayya is frequently visiting that petty shop in our street. They are selling something for huge price.karthick ayya buys it and uses it in his room. After that he fell unconcious. I have seen it many times. Day before yesterday karthick ayya was begging for that in that shop. He was demanding huge money. Karthick ayya came running and opened your almirah and took the chain and gave it to him. He got some small pockets from him. I think he is in a wrong route. Knowing this in the first itself i failed to inform you. Please forgive me amma. Please save karthick ayya."
    Lakshmi was shocked. Now a days karthick prefers loneliness. She thought he is concentrating in studies. But the thing is different. He is addicted to drugs.
    Lakshmi said"Thank you that atleast now you have informed. I would have lost my son.I will take care of him. you don't worry"
    Dhanam was feeling relieved as she was able to tell her madam about her son now atleast.

2. sureshmiyer

sureshmiyer Silver IL'ite

hi sudha ji
    it often happens
    we do not realize what is happening around
    yet, i hope it was not too late
    for Lakshmi to know about her son

well narrated

warm regards
    suresh

3. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

It happens to most of the family. We always tend to blame our maid servants or poor relatives. This is eye opening story for all of us. Take care of your kids. Don't interfere in ever activities, but we need to have eye on them. Thanks a lot for writing this.

4. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Good story...Thanks for sharing :)

5. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

Thank you sureshji for your valuable comments. Thank you for sparing your valuable time and reading my blog in depth and giving an inspring comment.

6. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

Thankyou coffeelover for your inspiring comment.It happens in many occassions that we try to put blame on the weak persons and we fail to think and act.

7. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

Thankyou ishwarya for your crisp comment

8. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Good story. We should always keep an eye of of our chidlren especially when they are entering the teenage

9. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

Thankyou viji ma for your valuable feedback. Though they grow older we should always teach them which is good and which is bad.