1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Low Testosterone Count

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by Pratts, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Pratts

Pratts Senior IL'ite

Hello guys,

Recently we visited a doctor and got general body check up. My husband's testosterone count is low.. Mainly it causes low sex drive and hence we are finding difficult to get a child. Now he is under treatment.. Now am little worried about his sperm count.
    I seek someone's help to clarify my queries regarding that.
    1. Is testosterone count has something to do with the sperm count?Because we have been trying for a child for last three months and we have not got any positive result.
    2. When i searched in internet, i came to know that testosterone has to just induce but has nothing to do with sperm count. On the contrary if we undergo treatment for testosterone, sperm count may reduce. Is this correct?

Kindly help me with this as I find difficult to discuss...

Gladimeir15 likes this.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

You should go to your ob-gyn for a pre-conception consultation if your haven't done so already. They will run your bloodwork, do an ultrasound if needed and also order a sperm analysis for your husband.
    You can also directly make an appointment with a urologist for your husband. They will offer better suggestions than a regular physician. These are the issues they typically deal with.

Gladimeir15 and Pratts like this.