Low sperm count and motility

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by kenny, Jun 22, 2011.

1. kenny

kenny Bronze IL'ite

also wanted to know regarding those baidyanath pills...do they have to be consumed after food...and are they taken together??any particular time....are these medicines or they are also herbs??can i take it ove the counter without a prescription from a doctor?plz guide so that i can stat immediately..

2. GeethaMR

GeethaMR Silver IL'ite

Hi Kenny, The two pills are formulations of herbs and bhasmas. They can be taken after breakfast or lunch or dinner as desired. They need no prescription. They can be consumed together or separately. My advice would be, take the powdered herbs list before/after breakfast with honey, one pill post lunch and another post dinner. That would distribute the herbs and they will be easily assimilated.

Also wanted to add, if you are apprehensive then visit any Ayurvedic hospital. The CGHS Ayurvedic hospital, Lodhi Road, New Delhi is a famous one that guides many such cases. Cases of low motility and count can be solved with Ayurveda. The only thing is that, they take some time...

3. kenny

kenny Bronze IL'ite

Thankyou so much Geetha for patiently replying to all my queries.I have got all those powders except kraunch seed.that was not available at the store.
    Will stat them tomorrow.One last thing,you mentioned in your last post that he has to take that mixture with honey in the morning.That means take 2 spoons and take 2 spoons of honey after it or mix honey in 2 spoons and then take the med...please guide...sorry im bothering you so much.
    I will be starting thses things from tomorrow morning.Do you think it is important to visit the ayurvedic centre too.I just thought will follow your advice.Is it fine.No im not too apprehensive just that want that dh should settle down soon with his prob...
    thanx again..

4. GeethaMR

GeethaMR Silver IL'ite

Hi kenny, no you are not bothering me at all. This IL family and the wonderful forum helps to reach other out, help and connect in times of happiness and sorrow, so where is the question of bothering ? :)

Honey is used as a carrier in Ayurveda. When herbs are taken, honey helps them in getting absorbed. So, take the herbs with water, then take 1 good spoon of honey. Mixing herbs with honey will make them sticky, so better to take the 2 tablespoons of the herb mix with water and then take a spoon of honey.
    The Ayurvedic centre is well established. Hence, i had givven the reference. However, if you donot need to visit, then don't visit. One option would be to take this herbs, say for a period of 2 months and then get the count and motility checked.

In Ayurveda and Yoga, it is said that, what you think and eat, you become that. So while taking the dose and even otherwise, one must visualise a happy family everyday. This will keep negative thoughts at bay. What i mean is that, make an effort at being happy and also visualise that the coming time will be more happy. Take care :cheers

5. kenny

kenny Bronze IL'ite

hey geetha thanx for all ur support...have been following ur mixture reqularly...just that my dh is not taking those pills which u told me in lunch n eve...will the churan alone help with honey??plz guide or i should start that also??

6. GeethaMR

GeethaMR Silver IL'ite

Kenny, sorry i logged in to this sub forum only today.

It is good that you have found all the herbs and your hubby is following it.

As per Ayurvedic texts, this combination is very good for rejuvenating the body and increasing the count.

However, one cannot compel a person to take medicines, so if he does not take it, then let it be. The herbs will definitely help.

But what could be the reason for not taking the pills? Because, they too are provided for the same reason.

7. roshnikandoi

roshnikandoi Silver IL'ite

Hi kenny,
    I can completely relate to your problem.My hubby has azoopsermia.We got married in 2006 and in Nov 2008 our world was shattered when we came to know that he had azoopsermia .After that I was diagnosed with abdominal tuberculosis and our whole attention shifted towards my treatment and all baby planning took a back seat ....but this January onwards we have again begun working on our dream of having a baby.We consulted an ayurvedic physician ....and he suggeted some panchkarma treatments ....along with some ayurvedic medicines and Speman from Himalaya Helathcare ....my Husband's latest SA tells a count of 20000 sperms /ml...I know that the improvement is slow but we are still not loosing hope ....I am moving ahead with a firm conviction that sooner or later things will fall in place ...Hope that is of any help to you .

8. Want2BMom

Want2BMom Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies
    I need your help, as my DH seems to hv motility and vol issues, though the count is sorta OK (varies from 20000 million to 40000 million)

He keeps a cold pack, taking vitamin supplements along with wheat grass ....is there anything else that can be done so that it improves further...

he suffers from vericele veins... we really worried... i wud be really grateful if smone suggests remedies

9. mums

mums Platinum IL'ite

Dear Want2Bmom,
    I think u got to know about varicose veins after consulting Urologist. Its better you talk to him and ask about options available. If morphology and motility is not improving with tablets then he will suggest next step for treatment. Did he mention about surgery?

10. raisin

raisin Bronze IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

I haven't been able to read all the posts but the first few.

First, I would say doctors suck! I hate the clan, most of them. They tend to hoard all info as if we are fools. The first one gave me a follicular study twice with which we coincided intercourse. Nothing happened. Then she asked to take some tablets like Fertolet which I dint take as I read on the instru that it was not advisable for people with cysts and then asked to take an injection ( perhaps ovulation induction, she never said the name) even when I was found to be ovulated every 10th day of my cycle in my Foll. study. So I said I dint want an unnecessary inje. She NEVER recommended a SA all the time making us buffoons. Then with the advise of my mom, I asked her abt it and she said OK, get it done.

She said since you live near by you can get the semen from home and give within minutes to the lab. THAT WAS THE MOST STUPID ADVICE EVER GIVEN BY ANY DOC. The first SA report said there was no SPERMS! WE got a shock. But then we did a second time it showed 30 million with low motility.

She gave some medicine which served my husband to break out. BUT men need some real repair, he would neither go to the doc nor repeat an SA and never exercise. So I asked him to stop the medicine. Meanwhile I did my HSG with normal results. All the experiments were done on me while he walked scotfree and gave me a lot of stress not going to doc or doing the SA.

Again, e was given lipofene tablets but the gynaec never asked him to lose weight. She was behind ME. Then again we repeated the SA and his motility increased, the spream count and Grade A disappeared. She asked us to try for a month and get back for IUI.

I have no idea if with this I can get pregnant at all. The torture really has killed my spirits. I don't know what's happening, the doc wouldn't say and my husband would never move around!

Pls talk to me...