1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Low Key Simple Marriage Ceremony

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by dc24, Nov 24, 2016.

1. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Ladies...
    Myself and my DH are interested in organizing simple marriage ceremony for our old maid's daughter for whom we have already found a suitable match.
    Since we belong to middle class family and have 2 growing kids of our own, we can only afford a simple temple wedding for the girl.
    Please suggest which type of temples Arya Samaj Mandir or other temples...which can serve the purpose.
    P.S. We live in Delhi

2. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Respect
    I just want to say Hats off on conducting maid's daughter wedding. May god bless you and your kids abundantly for this deed.
    PS: Sorry I'm side tracking your thread. Couldn't help much as I'm from Chennai

dc24 likes this.
  3. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot dear...your prayers and blessings mean a lot to me and my kids.
    Since you're Chennai based...i can understand that it's difficult for you to be in knowledge of Delhi temples.
    Thanks once again.

blackbeauty84 likes this.
  4. Attitudematters

Attitudematters New IL'ite

Hats off to you dear dc24..
    In this era when ppl don't care for their own family your kindness is overwhelming..
    God would definitely bless you and your family in abundance..my best wishes to your maid and her child
    And am sorry I don't have any idea about Delhi..hope other ilites would help you out..

dc24 likes this.
  5. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

Many thanks...dear...for your prayers and blessings...these matter a lot to me.
    Our maid's daughter is the seventh daughter of hers...Her husband left her as she couldn't bore him a son..
    That's why...to ease the tensions of the poor lady...we decided to offer her a helping hand...

Attitudematters likes this.
  6. mani75

mani75 Silver IL'ite

Hi

What a noble idea. I am not from Delhi but below is a link to Arya samaj Mandir in Delhi. Hope this helps.

The Arya Samaj - Arya Samaj Marriage

Alternatively you could have a Registered marriage at the registrar's office and offer the money you have budgeted for their wedding as a FD in both their names so that it can be of help when needed. Or offer to take a few close members of family and friends for a meal at a restaurant as a special treat. Or offer to buy them some appliances for their new life together.

Best wishes to you, your family and the soon to be newly weds.

Mani75

dc24 likes this.
  7. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

I will say go for registered marriage ... and what u want to spend.. give them to setup their home ..

dc24 likes this.
  8. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

Many many thanks dear for your kind help in providing the list if Arya Samaj Temples authorized to perform marriages. I have zeroed on three temples near my place and tomorrow planning to visit these along with DH to know their charges etc. Most likely we will book the temple venue tomorrow itself as the wedding date is nearby.....December 8.
    We have planned to gift her kitchen essentials.
    Once again many thanks for your best wishes...

blessings1010, yellowmango and mani75 like this.
  9. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

That's also a good option...but...my DH wants to go traditional way...:)

10. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op...you can have the marriage at home too. All you need is a priest(pujari) and some relatives as witness.
    I got married in my parents garden(the actual ceremony) .
    Have a little bit of decoration...rangoli ,flowers,lighting (if required)Have traditional music on....followed by food.
    Take lots of photos ..
    Later get it registered.