Low amh, ivf failure -- need solution pls pls especially in tamilnadu

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by neethu1982, Mar 30, 2016.

1. neethu1982

neethu1982 New IL'ite

Hi Dear ladies,
    I am nitya from chennai but residing in muscat, Oman. I have seen some threads and post related to my problem. I am trying to conceive frm past 6 yrs but no positive result. I had one ectopic pregnancy and also one miscarriage in 2013 n thereafter not a sign of getting pregnant. I came now to chennai for vacation. From past 3 years i m taking treatment bt came to know about my amh level in last december that its 0.3 in blood test. But in scan without taking any medicine i m getting follicles nearly 2 or 3. But as per my gynecologist advice, i decided to take ivf because my age is 34 yrs. I tried my first ivf in pfrc in chennai. But unfortunately coz of my low amh 0.3, the ovarian reserve produced only 1 egg, after giving double dose of hormone injection n dhea supplements it produced only 3 eggs. 1 egg was dominant 22mm on day 9, so dr decided to do the egg collection with 1 egg. they retrieved 2 eggs and 1 was thr that too abnormally fertilized. Met the dr on next day i was shattered by her counseling. she said my amh level is too low and even if i try next egg collection she cant guarantee and advised me to think for donor egg. i am not in a position to think abt donor egg.
    Seen in net abt china herb, accupunture, homeopathy treatment and siddha treatment. i am totally confused now to who shud i go n what treatment to follow.. all centre are money minded. i am not worrying abt money bt need a gud result.

As u all said suntex in delhi. whether we have to go n consult doctor or sending our report through mail is enough? kindly let me know the process. i prefer any gud siddha treatment to increase my amh level especially in tamilnadu... kindly let me know friends.

thanks in advance.
    nitya.

2. Agony

Agony Gold IL'ite

Hi nitya!
    First of all don't panic dear. I had a friend who had a miscarriage 3 years back n after that she was TTC but didn't , when she got her amh tested it was 0.3, she took DHEA for 3 months n rechecked n this time it was 1.2.
    Did u check ur vitamin D status ? At times having a below normal vitamin D reflects with a low amh.
    Amh in itself is not the best indicator of ovarian reserve. Ur AFC as u said is 2-3 each side , I think u can still try with may b a change in protocol. Sometimes aggressive stimulation in low amh shuts down the ovaries. There is always another alternative which is natural IVF/ minimum stimulation IVF.
    But before all that I would want u advise u to prepare ur body, check ur vitamin D status , n take DHEA for 3 months after consulting ur doctor.
    And let me remind u that u can always conceive naturally with low amh !
    Stay positive n hope for the best
    Stress is not the solution
    And ur not alone , u can always come here whenever u feel stressed !
    Baby dust to u !

3. neethu1982

neethu1982 New IL'ite

Hi dear,
    Thanks a lot for the immediate response. I went thru ivf and doctor given me dhea suppliments also fr 2 months. After the stimulation injection also I produced only 1 egg n after 4 days 2 more eggs. They collected 2 eggs in which 1 discarded n 1 was abnormally fertilised. As u said lets hope for best. I m looking fr a solution in sidda or some other apart frm allopathy. Lemme know if anyone know. Thanks a lot for ur soothing wording :)

4. Agony

Agony Gold IL'ite

As far as I understand , 2 eggs were retrieved, n only one fertilised. I do not know of any term abnormally fertilised. It's either fertilised or not fertilised.
    I asked u in another thread if u can elaborate the grade of embryo. On what day did they say that the embryo isn't good.
    Could u discuss the stimulation protocol, if u feel like.
    DHEA should be taken for atkeast 3 months.
    I have no idea about sidha treatment.

5. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Dear Neethu,

Please dont get disheartened.I have been in your place and have experienced it all.I am not sure of alternative treatments as i never believed in them.Amh is not the only parametre to judge the reserves of egg a lady has.Normally its the no of antral follicules cound of day 3 ,amh and the way you respond to hormonal injections tell you about the reserves.Even if these parameters are not great you can still become pregnant with your own eggs,it just takes few more tries to find the golden egg.
    Also vitamin D deficiency can pull amh down artificially.Please check your levels.In my case my amh was only 0.16 and i never produced more than 5 eggs in my ivf cycles.I had to go through it 4 times to find the golden egg that stuck.Also rule out male factor like dna fragmentation of sperm.It can have devastating effect on the quality of the embryo produced.Please have it ruled out.
    Meanwhile try to relax as much as possible.Take out yoga its the best for lowering the stress levels.Also take breaks like mini vacations between each cycle,will help you in terms of clearing your mind of all negativities.

Please feel free to pm me in case you want any more information,i shall be glad to help you with whatever experience i have had in this journey.

teejay likes this.