Low Amh And Planning For Ivf ..help Me

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by pihu123, May 10, 2017.

1. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

Hello everyone,
    I know this post of mine is going to be long.Hope those who are reading this post will help me out.We were trying naturally to conceive for last 3 years but were not able to conceive.I did all the test like complete body check up,Fallopian tube test( Both tubes were found to be clear, dye test) ..All test reports came to be normal.The hospital now where i am Planning to do IVF , they called me on 2nd day of my periods to check the number of follicles and eggs. Unfortunately i had multiple small follicles in my right ovary and 3 to 4 follicles in my left ovary.Now the problem comes. At the time of scanning, my doctor told me that my right ovary is at the back of my uterus but its working fine. My AMH came to 1.30.Only at the time of retrieving eggs there will be problem.As my AMH is low, i need to go for Donor eggs as my number of eggs and quality might not be good because of my age issue.My age is 32.Then she told us to come on 18th day of my period to see endometrium thickness. In the mean while the doctor who checked on 2nd day of my period she went for vacation as summer holidays have started. So on 18th day , i went for scan. This scan was done by some other male doctor in which endometrium thickness was good and he told that in scanning he can notice fluid outside my fallopian tubes which he called as hydrosalphinx. Then he said howcome the lady doctor who scanned on 2nd day of my periods cannot find out that i have hydrosalphinx. Listening to that word i got scared as i had never heard that term from any of my friends or relatives or anyone.At the time of scanning they didn't even explain me what was that and asked me who has come along with me. I said my husband is sitting outside in the reception.Then the doctor called both of us to his cabin and said that looking at my reports..You need to block or clip the fallopian tubes by clipping ( By laproscopy) and go for donor eggs to get success in IVF.Then i asked that every month the fluid will be present around my tubes or only this month? Why fluid is present around my fallopian tubes?

Now my question is Howcome other doctors earlier cannot find out that i have fluid around my tubes and how the doctor at present whom i am consulting in absence of lady doctor now he can find out that only by scanning.Please ladies help me out.Should i go for second opinion to other hospital or should i trust on this doctor and move as per his sayings...

These doctors these days know how to play with patients emotions and take away all the hard earned money from us..If he is telling me to go for donor eggs (as mentally i am not prepared), then why not should i adopt a kid...I am so sorry for such a long post..Can we cure Hydrosalphinx without surgery..can ayurvedic medicines help me out..If anyone has gone through this, its my humble request to help me out..I beg everyone out here as i feel i am completely depressed..I always feel like crying and do something to myself..Why God is taking such a big test of mine..Please help me someone

vandu3689 likes this.

2. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

@pihu123
    Tight hugs to you. I am so sorry you have to go thru this. I do not have much idea about hydrosalphiinx.But from what little I know,a HSG must be able to tell you about this condition.I understand you have undergone HSG.how long ago was it? I remember our dear member twinkel had this issue and had to remove both her tubes before proceeding to IVF.I am not sure she logs into IL these days. but you can try sending her a PM asking for details.
    I suggest you get a second opinion from another doctor before deciding on any course of action . why dont you get in touch with dr.malpani and get his opinion? I have heard that he responds to patient queries/emails online. I do not wish to discourage you.But IMO, ayurveda is very time consuming in showing any positive results. considering your age, i would suggest continuing with english medicines. If you want to try IVF with your own eggs, you can always try to improve your egg quality by consuming avocado ,omega 3 etc for 3 months and see.
    There is always light at the end of a tunnel. you will get there soon. Best wishes

pihu123 likes this.
  3. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much @teejay for taking out time and reply to my post. Yes i have already gone through HSG test to know whether my fallopian tubes were clear or not in which it is clearly mentioned that No Hydrosalphinx. This test i did before 2 years..Ya i remember twinkel very much as she was a very active member of IL.But these days she is not coming.I dont want to clip my fallopian tubes and block them..M very much deppressed and shattered too..Dont know what to do other than praying to God..God has given birth to us and now its his responsibility to show me the way...Thank you so much..How is everything going at your end..

4. RamyaHari2009

RamyaHari2009 Silver IL'ite

Hi Pihu,

I too got this kind of fluid in my tubes once(not sure whether right or left) it can happen if we too much of meds , i was on clomid that time so maybe i'm guessing

This can be cured with the help of medicines, my doc prescribed me some tabs and the next cycle it went away

So my suggestion is pls dont go for laproscopy or such things for fluid thing.

As teejay mentioned please go for 2nd doctor opinion.

And regarding your AMH value, its not on the lower side ideally it should be between 1-3 i guess
    When i did my AMH test, the value was 1, i was also very scared and was told by docs to go for donor eggs but i did not and got conceived naturally by the grace of God.

If you are staying in Bangalore please go to Milan Fertility Clinic, i went there but did not go for any treatments, but i feel the doctors over there are very professional and tell things as it is said and not scare you..

This is my opinion

Be positive, i can imagine how hard it must be for you as i have gone through all this for nearly 4-5 years

So be positive and believe in God , he can definitely do wonders for you

pihu123 likes this.
  5. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much @RamyaHari2009 for taking out time and replying to my post.Your post has made me so comfortable. I thought i am the only one in this whole world going through this pain.I will defintely check with the hospital recommended by you..I was very scared with the term "Hydrosalphinx" as said by my doctor.Yes this month because of Low AMH i was taking DHEA tablets,Folic Acid tablets and some vitamin Tablets as recommended by my doctor to improve egg quality.I think might be because of those tablets, they see fluid around my fallopian tubes.Not sure though..will check with some other doctors and let you know the updates soon..thank you so much..How is evrything going at your end..

6. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

@RamyaHari2009 Can you please let me know the name of the medicines which you took to clear the fluid in tubes..That would be a great help..

7. RamyaHari2009

RamyaHari2009 Silver IL'ite

Hi Pihu,

Sorry i dont remember the name of tablet i took, it was 2-3 years back, so i have no clue now.

Regarding Hydrosalphinx, check what level the fluid is and if it can be dissolved with the help of tabs only, in my case it went off with tablets, but it may differ from case to case i think and dont delay on these things.

I was on clomid cycle for long time, so am thinking fluid got accumulated due to that(again my opinion)

Again dont worry and be positive and God will always help you on the right time.

How come the first doctor who did scan for you did not inform you about this..?

8. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

@RamyaHari2009 Exactly i was also thinking the same thing when the male doctor told me that i have fluids around my tube which is not good at all.I dont know how it all happened.I have done many scannings before in other hospitals but no one informed me about this.When i did scan here in this hospital on 18th day of my periods doctor told me like this.I was actually shocked to know about this term which happened to my tubes...Thank you so much for helping and replying to my post.If you can remember the medicines then please let me know.Which hospital you were checking at that time?

9. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

@pihu123 I am doing good by god's grace. You will be in my prayers.

10. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

@teejay Thank you so much .....It means a lott to me