1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love You To The Moon & The Back - A Bunch Of Love

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by IniyaaSri, May 22, 2017.

1. IniyaaSri

IniyaaSri IL Hall of Fame

Episode 40:

While Jaanvi was admiring her admirer, Rathna was enjoying every bit of Pune.

She loved everything and anything about the city. The Marathi culture, the most delicious Vada pav, late night movies, her new love for the Chitale bandhu ….. she was on cloud nine as she has got new friends with whom she can hang out anywhere and everywhere. She loved the city for giving her a secure feeling. She always felt safe even if she was about to reach home late. She became the happy go lucky girl.

It was her usual day in office. Rathna swiped her card and entered the work area. She was wearing an ink blue semi cotton sari, which was neatly pinned and made her look more elegant and professional. There was a small Black Hand bag hanging down from her left wrist and a lunch bag in her right hand.

While everyone were walking around in Jeans, formal pants, formal skirts, shirts, salwar kameez, kurthis, Rathna looked very unique and elegant.

Few heads turned as she entered, since she was the only girl who stunned everyone with saree very often. Many girls longed to wear saree like her, and many guys wished to talk to her.

The poise and the style in her walk made way to elegance and class.

Rathna walked towards her seat with few greetings here and there. She sat on her chair and relaxed a few seconds. She loved the weather. Pune’s weather was never harsh for her. It was always quite comfortable and fine.

She gulped a mouth full of water and turned on the system. The moment she turned on, there were too many mails and too much work. She started working and dint realize that the day was about to end. She dint even touch her phone from morning. It was set to silent mode in order to avoid distraction.

It was around 7.30 that she checked the mobile.

“Am going out with friends. For a movie. So good night my sweet heart. Catch you in your dreams; )” – Khaveer

Rathna smiled as she read the text and kept her phone inside the hand bag as she turned her system off. She walked out of the office and headed towards her home.

Initially, it was too different for her to stay with other girls as a paying guest. It was her first time and she adapted to it slowly. There wasn’t any trouble with the girls and she started enjoying with them.

So her life was simply the best. Satisfaction at work, fun with friends, good food, good stay, and romantic chats with Khaveer, occasional outing, and every day phone calls to her mom….she was feeling lively and happy. She wished her life to remain the same.

No matter how many friends she had, how cool they were, how comfortable she was, no one could substitute her gang…She missed them at times with whom she can talk her heart out, whom she can rely forever, with whom she can be herself without any hesitation.

It was around 10.30 when she hit the bed. She wished good night to Khaveer and slept off. She had such a deep sleep that she woke up only when the sun rays sneaked through the curtain and fell on her face. Two of her room mates have woke up already and Rathna dint even realize what time it was.

She took her phone and checked as it showed 7.50 a.m.

“Almost 8 and am still feeling sleepy?” – she murmured sleepily as she swiped her main screen.

There were 10 missed calls. 9 from Khaveer and 1 from mom.

The moment she tried calling back Khaveer, her phone rang and it was her mom.

“Happy birthday!!!” – Her mom smiled as she said

“Thanks maaaaa!!!” - Rathna said with a sleepy smile.

Ooops!!! Khaveer would have called at 12 for wishing. And I forgot to release my phone from silent mode

“Lazy girl!!! Too sleepy on your birthday?” – Her mom

“Yeah mom!!!! Too much work yesterday! Was tired. Am enjoying my work anyway” – Rathna said as she stretched both her hands sleepily.

“Hmmm. Ok. Its time! Have bath and go to temple. Bye for now. We shall chat in the evening.” – her mom hung the call and Rathna pulled all her hair and tied it into a bun. She took her phone to call Khaveer and before she pressed the dial button,

“Happy birthday to you……Happy birthday to you……Happy birthday dear Rathna….Happy birthday to you…” – her roommates walked in with a big strawberry cake and that was really surprising for Rathna. She just started building friendship with them and so soon surprises? Rathna felt lucky.

The room was so lively with that birthday bash and Rathna rushed into the bathroom with the pastry smashed all over her face.

She came out in another 10 minutes after a refreshing birthday bath. At once she took her phone and dialled Khaveer, there was no response. Usually it was him who always wished her first, it was different this year.

“I should not have kept my phone in silent. He would have been upset” – she murmured as she opened the cupboard.

That was a dark maroonish long Indian skirt which had thin lines of silver borders at the end. She wore it at once and matched it with a dark green short kurthi which had few silverish designs near the neck.

“Wow!!! My birthday dress really looks nice” – She winked at the mirror and got ready for her work.

It was one hour since she reached office, and there was no call or message from Khaveer. Rathna was very much worried and upset.

After a couple of seconds, her mobile beeped.

“Happy birthday!! I called you at 12! Seems you slept off. I know everyone would have wished you before me. Anyway! Happy birthday once again” – Khaveer’s text

Rathna was so upset that her birthday mood vanished soon. Her colleagues kept wishing her and that was recharging her mood for a while.

She swiped her whatsapp . Lekha, Sandhya and Jaanvi has wished her individually and she knew there will be conference call that night. It was always fun whenever there was conference call with the four. Since its her birthday, Sandhya and Jaanvi would have written a humorous birthday song which will make Rathna burst out into laughter. Sandhya and Jaanvi did that for every birthday.

Everything was going good and Rathna was expecting a message or call from Khaveer. But it was in vain. He was angry on her. He was angry that he couldn’t be the first person to wish her.

How can people be like this? Love someone so deeply and at the same time hurt the same person this deeply… - Rathna wondered

She dialed him once again and this time

"Hello! tell me" - Khaveer

"What happened dear....sorry na" - Rathna

"Hmmmm" - Khaveer

"Ok. am busy at work. Anything else?" - Khaveer asked and Rathna was dumb struck.

"nothing bye" - she hung the call.

It was hurting and she felt like crying. She dint except him to behave like this ….that too on her birthday.

When the day was going dry, she got a call from the reception.

“Rathna?” – the receptionist asked.

“Yes” – Rathna

“You have a bouquet delivery. Can you please come to the reception?”

Rathna dropped the phone and ran with happy tears in her eyes.

She pressed the lift button and kept smiling thinking about Khaveer.

“Idiot!!! I know you!” – her heart was contented.

She literally ran to the reception as the lift opened.

There was the delivery guy standing with a lovely bouquet of dark red roses.

As she walked towards him with a smile, her eyes were glued to the bouquet.

Just pure red roses!!! Nothing else. It was too big and lovely.

“So romantic. Love you idiot. Fighting with me and secretly surprising me?” – Rathna blushed secretly

Rathna signed and received that lovely bouquet.

As she keenly looked for the note in the bouquet, many of her colleagues teased her.

“Your fiancée huh?” – somone asked and Rathna blushed

She liked that. She loved when people teased her for that. She enjoyed. May be that was her best moment on that birthday.

She opened the notes and read the lines

“The day is Lucky!!! Because today is your birthday : - )”

For a moment Rathna smiled from ear to ear. The next moment it vanished.

“Is this Khaveer?” – she thought for a second

He never writes in regional language. He loves writing in English and there is no chance he will wish me in regional language.

No way he has given this message. This cannot be Khaveer.

She walked towards her seat puzzled. She was in her own thoughts.

“Who could it be?!!!” – she reached her place

Everyone saw that lovely bouquet in her hands when she walked to her place.

Rathna took her phone and dialled Khaveer. There was no response.

She wished Khaveer to call her back and wish her heartily. She dint know it will go in vain.

She sat puzzled without knowing that she is going to get caught in embarrassment, uneasiness, shock, pain and tears on her birthday.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  2. Lata6

Lata6 Gold IL'ite

Is Khaveer on his way to surprise her?? Nice part!!

IniyaaSri likes this.
  3. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Pain and tears on birthday...Hmmm..Let's see what the year has in store for Rathna

IniyaaSri likes this.
  4. ammusatheesh

ammusatheesh Gold IL'ite

oh dont make the birthday baby suffer know Iniyaa...:(

IniyaaSri likes this.
  5. IniyaaSri

But he is angry on her....Lets see Lata dear. :sconf:

6. IniyaaSri

Yeah!!! :blush:

7. IniyaaSri

I dont want to :worried: :nomouth:But we will know Ammu dear....

ammusatheesh likes this.
  8. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

So who is this if it's not khaveer

IniyaaSri likes this.
  9. anupama1

anupama1 Platinum IL'ite

New place, new office, new friends for Rathna and new turns in the story for the readers.

How did her roommates come to know about her birthday?
    Who sent the roses?
    ----Any common link between the two questions. :thinking:

IniyaaSri likes this.
  10. IniyaaSri

We have to wait Aarthi dear :rolleye: