1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love You To The Moon & The Back - A Bunch Of Love

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by IniyaaSri, May 22, 2017.

1. IniyaaSri

IniyaaSri IL Hall of Fame

Episode 37:

It was evening 5 and Rathna and Jaanvi were going through the exit procedures.

Sandhya was almost in tears. She was sitting quietly in her place.

Lekha came near her and patted her shoulders. When Sandhya looked at Lekha with tearful eyes, Lekha was slightly shocked.

“Hey!!!! Will you cry for all these? Even am feeling bad. Am I crying…Come on! Wipe your tears” – Lekha

“Here after we all won’t be together na….” – Sandhya wiped her tears

“We will be connected dear! Don’t worry” – Lekha tried to convince her

“Hmmm” – Sandhya kept wiping her cheeks.

It was almost 6 when Rathna and Jaanvi came to their seats.

Rathna was getting emotional to see Sandhya and Lekha. Tears were building up in her tears. Jaanvi succeeded in hiding her emotion and Lekha was quiet though it was painful.

Rathna’s cheeks were wet and everyone felt bad seeing her. Soon Sandhya was in tears.

Office….It was the place where they got a valuable bond called friendship. Though they were just few years together, they became too close and they found it really tough to depart.

After all office is not just a place to work. We get many valuable relationships, memories to cherish forever and much more.

“We all will be connected dear.” – Jaanvi wiped Rathna’s tears.

Rathna was sure Sandhya and Jaanvi will be connected for sure since they were always found with their mobile phones.

But Lekha….She was different. She never used phones much. She was always little far from the technologies. She never texted anyone. Chatting, groups messages, good morning messages….Lekha was not that kind. She was bit reserved as well. She won’t even join much for movies or any such fun. Since everyone were together always, there wasn't need of any calls or texts all these year. But here after?

When there were various reasons to get lost in the mundane life, everyone trusted the bond that they have built in these years. They believed they will be together.

“Shall we all have a coffee together? Somewhere outside?” – Rathna looked at them

“Sure. I will sign out and come” – Jaanvi replied and at once all four started.

They were in lift and suddenly Jaanvi asked “Hey! May be Khaveer will wait for you outside?”

There came a faint smile on Rathna’s lips “No dear! He won’t. He will want me to spend time with you girls today. So he won’t interrupt”

“So sweet of him! He is that sweet and you keep picking fights with him” – Jaanvi looked at Rathna and Rathna smiled “I agree! He is sweet” and everyone smiled at Rathna.

All four spent time at the coffee shop and started home late.

Sandhya got down in her station and Rathna was on train.

“Are you ok dear?” – Khaveer’s text.

“No…..” – Rathna sent that followed by crying smileys

“Come on dear! Don’t be childish. You will be fine” – Khaveer

“Hmmm I know” – Rathna

“Good girl” – Khaveer smiled

Jaanvi parked her vehicle outside her home. The house owner’s house was locked and she sighed in relief.

She entered the house and everything was packed. Her dad seemed to be very happy.

Chithra managed to give a hot cup of milk for Jaanvi though their house was completely at mess.

“Thanks ma” – Jaanvi sipped the milk

“Kept all your certificates and documents safely na?” – Chithra asked as she packed the gas stove.

“Yeah ma! Have kept it in my suitcase” – Jaanvi

Rathna hugged her mom and started from home. Khaveer was waiting for her in the railway station and both started to Pune. Jaanvi reached her new home and started arranging things.

Jaanvi and her mom were arranging the kitchen while her brother and dad were fitting the bed.

Everything was almost settled by late evening and Jaanvi relaxed herself.

“I will buy dinner for everyone” – her dad left the house

“Today sleep early. Ok? “ – Jaanvi nodded her head.

It is going to be her first day in new office. Though it was not as big as her first one, she felt it will be suitable for her.

Everyone dined and slept. Time was 7.30 as her alarm rang. Jaanvi was too sleepy but the enthusiasm to join her new company made her to get down from bed.

She brushed and got ready in an hour.

“Bye ma” – she drove her two wheeler with a smile.

She reached office at 9 o clock and proceeded with the joining formalities.

After sometime, she was asked to give an informal speech to introduce herself. Jaanvi impressed everyone with her eloquence in the language. Her speech was crisp and she always had a style in it.

She was getting to know things and slowly she started the work. People were friendly to her and she started working with dedication right from the first day.

It was around evening 5. Jaanvi returned to her seat after having a coffee.

She looked puzzled as she saw her desk. There was a rose and a piece of paper in which it was written “Welcome Beautiful”.

Sweetynila, Arunarc, periamma and 6 others like this.
  2. ammusatheesh

ammusatheesh Gold IL'ite

So its Jaanvi's turn :) waiting for more updates to know abt her love

IniyaaSri likes this.
  3. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

4. magnashri

magnashri Silver IL'ite

Sooper.....waiting for Jaanvi's love life:thumbsup::thumbsup:

IniyaaSri likes this.
  5. Lata6

Lata6 Gold IL'ite

Emotional one! Friendship is something I always cherish, never want to miss friends!! Excited to know more about Jaanvi!

IniyaaSri likes this.
  6. anupama1

anupama1 Platinum IL'ite

Feeling so happy for Jaanvi. :)
    I think she is the most beautiful; her manners, her behaviour, her broadheart, her dedication to work and her ability to mask her grief makes her very beautiful.

IniyaaSri likes this.
  7. ritz1

ritz1 Bronze IL'ite

A super like for the all the missed episodes...

IniyaaSri likes this.
  8. IniyaaSri

Today's episode will be posted in the evening (IST).

Lata6 likes this.
  9. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Iniya i like all the episodes.super narration

IniyaaSri likes this.
  10. IniyaaSri

Episode 38:

“Beautiful?” “Me?” – Jaanvi was confused

That was the first time someone addressed her by her beauty.

She took that piece of paper and looked close. She took the rose. It was fresh.

Jaanvi cautiously looked around her and she couldn’t find anyone. All that she could see was everyone properly seated and working sincerely.

“Just my first day!!!” – She said to herself

She dnt want to make a fuss on the very first day and she kept the paper and that rose in her desk drawer.

Jaanvi felt very different to encounter such thing. She was feeling different.

“May be they will rag the new employees in this office? Oh God! I won’t tell this to anyone” – Jaanvi resumed her work.

She shared everything with Chithra, but she couldn’t tell this to her and she did not know why. It was really pleasurable when she discussed her friends' love stories with her mom. But when something like that was happening to her, she did not want to tell her. She was feeling awkward. She kept it to herself.

It was her second day in the new office and she was on time as usual. The day was normal without any hustle and bustle. She got help from her fellow colleagues and tried to be in sync.

“Jaanvi! TL is calling you” – Jaanvi heard her colleague

“Oh ok! Thank you” – Jaanvi at once got from her seat and left the place.

When she came back after 15 minutes, there was again a piece of paper “Love your curly hair” – with love, your love.

Jaanvi took the paper. Read it carefully as she touched her curly hair over her shoulders.

“Love this hair?” – Jaanvi murmured

She couldn’t guess who is doing and why are they doing that.

She kept the paper in the same desk drawer again.

She thought she will consider it as serious only if it happens again.

“Till then! Don’t confuse yourself! Just concentrate on your work” – Jaanvi said to herself.

Meanwhile Rathna settled in Pune. She stayed as paying guest with other girls and she was meeting new people in her life.

Lekha was busy balancing office and home. Sandhya was as usual continuing her work.

Lekha was not much talkative. Moreover after marriage, she was keen in starting early from office as she had few household works unlike before. Sandhya was feeling little bored without Jaanvi and Rathna. Jaanvi was a very good company to Sandhya. Both kept laughing for no reason. Sandhya was missing her.

On the other hand, Rathna was the one who took them to all new shopping destinations and outings. There wasn’t any outing after Rathna left the office.

The four girls dint talk much. No daily conversations. No everyday updates. Everyone were getting busy with their lives. Both Lekha and Sandhya started getting new friends in office and still the four girls’ bonding remained same. The bond remained untouched though there wasn't any conversation.

“Hey I shall meet your family tomorrow?” - Ram’s text

“Tomorrow?” – Sandhya texted back

“Yes. Ask them and let me know. Also tell me which temple I should come.” – Ram

“Hmmm ok” – Sandhya

Sandhya was feeling nervous. The courtship period was too sweet. But when it comes to marriage, getting permission from elders, convincing them, making that grand event happen, everything seemed to be a headache.

For a moment, Sandhya thought a simple registered marriage will do. But the next moment, she realised her family will never agree to it. We Indians always loved loud weddings – Sandhya thought.

It was 6, Lekha was waiting for Amar as they have decided to go for a movie and Sandhya was winding for the day.

“Bye dear! Enjoy” – Sandhya waved her hands and started from office.

Lekha was waiting for Amar and in another 5 minutes, he was there.

“Come come! Movie is at 6.45 na” – Amar

“Yeah! Quick” – Lekha sat behind him and looked at the side mirror casually.

Amar as usual caught her in the mirror and winked.

Lekha smiled and he smiled back. The ride was enjoyable though the roads were too crowded.

Sandhya got down from the bus and walked towards her house.

As she opened the main gate, her aunt saw her.

“So! Is tomorrow ok for that guy?” – She looked at Sandhya’s face

“Yeah aunty. I told him the temple also” – Sandhya

“Hmmm….You better don’t have any dreams. We can decide only after meeting him tomorrow.” – Her aunt

Sandhya stood quiet.

“You said his dad belongs to our caste right? How can you be sure? May be the guy lied to you?” – Sandhya heard her uncle coming out of the room.

“Uncle…no! Ram is not like that. Am sure” – Sandhya
    "What he is going to get out of that lie! Oh God! These people" - Sandhya thought.

“Anyway! We will find everything!” – Her uncle.

“He is working in IT right? Does he have an own house?”- He sat on the chair in the veranda.

“No uncle. Yet to. It’s just six years since he started working” – Sandhya tried to save Ram

“6 years and yet to buy a house?” – Her uncle raised his eyebrows.

Sandhya did not know what to reply. She did not want to tell them that love is beyond bank balance, beyond buying an own house, beyond caste, beyond community. Even if she said, they would not have understood all those.

“Fine. Carry on! We will know tomorrow. Better don’t have any hopes”- her uncle and aunt warned her.

Sandhya climbed the steps worrying what all they are going to ask him tomorrow.

“Maa…coffee” – Sandhya sat on the floor as she reached home.

She refreshed in next 5 minutes and her mom gave her the coffee tumbler.

“Maa…. Spoke with uncle now. He is asking for caste, own house and all… why do we need all these now” – Sandhya

“Then?!!! Before getting the girl married, wont we ask or check for all these things?” – her mom

“I see” – Sandhya stared at her mom

“What?” – her mom frowned

“If you want a own house from the guy, what will you give him in return? Do we have jewels, land, any property? Even we don’t have a own house. remember?” – Sandhya asked her mom

“So we should not expect anything from a guy?!!! He has to take care of you financially right? We shouldn’t check or ask for anything like this?” – Sandhya’s mom got angry.

“So you want Ram to give dowry in order to marry me. Right?” - Sandhya emptied the coffee

“Dowry?!!! What are you talking?” – her mom looked puzzled.

“Yes. What if his family demands jewels from us. What will you do?” – Sandhya was expecting an answer.

“He loves you right. Then how will he expect all these things from you.” – her mom

“Even I love him ma. I didn't or won't expect such things from him. If I marry him for that, that cannot be love. ” – Sandhya looked at her mom and continued.

“See maa! We both are earning. That is the only income we both have. In fact he has asked me to give my full salary to you after marriage. We both can manage in his salary. We don’t need anything else. We are marrying for love. Not for house or car.” – Sandhya said and went to the terrace at once.

Her mom did not know what to talk and sat quietly.

“What to do in case if my uncle and aunt insults him and says no to marriage. What should I do if that happens” – Sandhya looked at the dark sky.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017