1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love You To The Moon & The Back - A Bunch Of Love

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by IniyaaSri, May 22, 2017.

1. IniyaaSri

IniyaaSri IL Hall of Fame

Episode 25:

“Really?” – Sandhya asked Ram once again.

“Yes…In another 2 or 3 months they will be coming to your home!” – Ram.

“Wow!!! So we will be getting married soon?” – Sandhya asked happily.

“Yeah! That’s my fate! What to do” – Ram looked at Sandhya and she chuckled knowing he is lying.

Sandhya was always found peppy and happy no matter what problems she got in life. She ignored the problems and focused on the moment. That impressed Ram every time and even this time. Ram did his best to make his life partner happy and contend. Both complimented each other and both were very eager to get married.

Sandhya was feeling very happy that soon Lekha will be married and next will be herself.

It was morning 6 and Rathna woke up at once hearing her alarm ringing. She opened her eyes at once and took her phone.

“Good morning my love!!!Have a good day!” she texted Khaveer with kissing smileys.

After few seconds, she got up and did her morning rituals and at once went to the Pooja room. She lit lamp and prayed heartily for next 15 minutes and she went near the tulasi maadam and lit lamp. She did her Pooja to Tulasi for next 5 minutes and sat relaxed on the sofa. That was her everyday morning routine.

Her mom gave her fresh fruits in a bowl and she started munching them. It was her habit to eat fresh fruits first thing in the morning. She believed it’s healthy.

“Maa….you dnt store these in fridge right?” – Rathna

“Oh God!!! No. These are not refrigerated. I bought them yesterday night only” – Rathna’s mom.

Rathna was satisfied with the reply and she continued eating. She saw her mom who was quietly sitting. There was a hot cup of tea in front of her. There was silence and Rathna thought she will break it.

“Maa…don’t you feel lonely?” – Rathna looked at her mom

“Yeah. But what to do…I keep watching TV….then I go to temple in the evening” – her mom replied sipping her hot tea.

“Why don’t you do something apart from these?” – Rathna

“At this age, what you want me to do?!! Want me to work hard and suffer? Already my knees are aching. Its 2 weeks since I slept well. ” – Rathna’s mom started venting out.

“Maa..Age is never a matter! Do something that makes you feel happy maa..”- Rathna

“I watch whatever I like on TV. Going to temple gives me peace. What else do I need?” –Rathna

Rathna did not know how to make her understand that Life is not just about watching TV or going to temples for peace. Life is much more beyond all these. And age is never a matter.

“Rathna!!! Do you want me to work at this age?” – Rathna’s mom asked seriously

Before Rathna could answer, “Do we need more money?!!! Your dad has given us more than we need and more than we deserve. Is this money not enough?” –her mom asked and Rathna kept quiet for few seconds

“Maa…please listen to what I say! I am not asking you to work at this age. But learn something new. May be embroidery….or some form of craft?” – Rathna said as she emptied her bowl of fruits.

“My eye sight is not good” – Her mom said flatly

“Ok. But why don’t you try something else”- Rathna tried once again.

“Try what…” – her mom stared at her.

“Maa…how long you will suffer with this loneliness.. And that is the reason you are getting depressed often!!! And you have got such a good husband who never cares about your loneliness or depression.” – Rathna

“So! You mean to say am lazy at home and you want me to do something useful. At this age, you want me to go and sit with small kids and learn something along with them. Right? I can never do that” – Rathna’s mom said as she took her tea cup into the kitchen.

“Then what is the solution for your loneliness?” – Rathna walked into the kitchen taking her bowl.

There was no response from her mom.

“Ma…I cannot be with you forever” – Rathna said as she kept the bowl on the cabinet and both understood what she meant. Rathna’s parents were aware of her relationship with Khaveer. And even if Rathna is ready to take her along with her, her mom won’t be ready for that.

Rathna came to her room and turned on the fan in spite of having an expensive air conditioner. She believed they are harmful for health and refrained from using them.

She knew that she will get married in another 1 or 2 years and she couldn’t imagine her mom all alone in that big house. They had a very good family as tenants. But unfortunately Rathna’s mom was neither willing nor social to mingle with them. All that she did was watch TV day and night and go for long walks or temples in the evening. Rathna felt this won’t do for long run.

She was very much worried leaving her mom alone after her marriage. She did not know what to or how to convince her mom. She wanted her to get involved in some or the other activity which made her happy. Her mom was not social so she dint have friends.

Why don’t the elder people engage themselves in something and make themselves happy. Why leisure and relaxation are always looked as luxury. May be it is luxury. But only when we are busy. Leisure and relaxation is very dangerous if it’s going to be our all-time favorites.

Rathna dint believe in the Indian concept that, it is mandatory or it is good to stay relaxed at home after the age of 50. She wished her mom to be more active and lively rather than watching TV all day. She became upset whenever she imagined her mom living alone in that big house. How much ever she tried, she couldn’t get a proper solution for this. She closed her eyes and started mediating to free her mind.

Lekha’s family and Amar’s family gathered in the saree shop for buying the wedding silk saree.

Amar’s mom has brought flowers for Lekha and Lekha pinned it happily on her hair.

“Lovely” – Amar’s mom said looking at her face and everyone were happy. Neither Amar's uncle was present nor Amar's brother in law was present. So everything was smooth and fine.

“Lekha!! It’s completely your wish! You chose whichever saree you like” – Amar’s mom smiled at her

And Amar was too eager than Lekha to see which one she is going to wear on their special day.

The sales man showed as many sarees and no one were satisfied with the collection. It was more than 1 hour and finally everyone liked that particular saree. It was dark violet which had a heavy golden border with a dark green line above the border. The whole saree was designed with thin jaris. The saree looked quite grand and majestic. Luckily everyone liked the saree and Lekha was happy that everyone liked it.

“Let her wear that and see na” – Amar looked at everyone and at once everyone smiled at him.

At once they called a sales girl and made her wear the sari for Lekha. The moment Lekha stood before that huge mirror, everyone were stunned to see her. She was looking like a princess with that dark violet silk saree. Everyone felt as if today is the wedding. The wedding ceremony happiness was slowly encroaching into everyone’s heart.

“You like the sari na?” – Amar looked at Lekha and she said “Yes” with a smile.

Everyone were contended and they bought the same saree. After the saree purchase, all went towards the men section. They bought a grand silk dhoti and a plain white silk shirt for Amar. Everyone were happy and contended after the shopping.

After shopping, all reached their respective houses and Lekha was searching a good tailor for her designer blouse. She wanted a very grand blouse for the saree and she kept searching. Finally she found one and gave that green silk blouse for designer work.

It was tiring for Lekha after the whole day and she reached home late with her mom.

It was already 9.30 and she wished good night for Amar and lied on her bed as she was already sleepy.

It was very dark. There were no one nearby. It looked like a forest. And Lekha was running furiously as if someone was chasing her.

She couldn’t stop running though her body couldn’t run anymore. She was gasping heavily amidst the run.

He was running faster than her, Lekha was trying to compete, but she failed and he held her hair suddenly. Lekha couldn’t run anymore. He pulled her and made her fall on the ground. She lied on the ground helpless with fear all over her body and he is standing in front of her with an angry face.

She jerked from her sleep. Her hands were shivering out of fear. She wiped her sweat and gasped. Her room was calm as usual. There was nothing other than the gentle noise of the fan running.

She was still gasping. She got down from her bed and took the water bottle from the table, emptied the whole bottle out of fear. Then she walked slowly and sat on the bed.

She took her phone to check the time and it showed 5 a.m. Her heart skipped a beat.

Out of somewhere, her brain pulled out an information(information?) that she got reminded of someone saying somewhere “early morning dreams will come true”. She sat still with fear.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    Sweetynila, Arunarc, Deepu04 and 3 others like this.
  2. ammusatheesh

ammusatheesh Gold IL'ite

Good update Iniyaa....i could imagine the saree combo :)
    but why a weird dream on tat day itself...so sad for Lekha...

IniyaaSri likes this.
  3. minn1

minn1 Silver IL'ite

oh no nothing bad shd hadppen why r u making me cry:disappointed::cryingcat::cry:

IniyaaSri likes this.
  4. IniyaaSri

Thanks Ammu dear!
    happy that you could imagine:tonguewink:
    Lets see what happens for Lekha!
    Good day dear:blush:

ammusatheesh likes this.
  5. IniyaaSri

Hey hi!!!
    Happy to see your valuable feedback here :blush:
    Yeah lets see what happens to Lekha. :rolleye:
    Thanks and Keep sharing your thoughts on future episodes too!!!
    Thanks once again!
    Have a lovely day:blush:

6. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Poor Rathna.. her thinking is correct according to me... For lekha's soft nature and not to hurt anyone's habit she should not have to face that in her life..even if she had to face it that guy should not be Amar..:grinning:

Good going Iniya..

--PS

IniyaaSri likes this.
  7. IniyaaSri

Hey! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and perspectives dear :blush::blush::blush:
    Yeah but lets see whether Rathna is getting a solution or not.
    Regarding Lekha:rolleye: we have to wait.
    Have a lovely weekend dear :blush::blush::blush:
    Posting the next episode now.

8. IniyaaSri

Episode 26

“In 15 minutes I need the report Megha!” – Megha saw Jaanvi’s text in the office communicator.

“Ok” – she replied back.

She was working and her phone rang. She took her ear phones and connected it at once.

“Yeah…”

“Hmmm”

“Love you….”

She worked as she was talking...

“Only after you came into my life, I understood what Love is”

“You are the one who showed me what true love is”

“No no! Let’s talk as much as we want! I can’t talk after reaching home. Dad will be there”.

She kept talking as she worked. After 15 minutes, she sent the report to Jaanvi.

“Enough of working Miss. Team Leader! Let’s have a break” – Sandhya said as she walked towards Jaanvi’s place.

“Am not team leader now my dear” – Jaanvi smiled as she turned off her system.

“Come let’s go! Others will be joining us in the cafeteria” – Sandhya said as she fiddled with her phone.

All 5 met in the cafeteria.

“Too much of work this week” – Jaanvi

“Yeah yeah! Team leaders will be having more work” – Rathna winked.

“You are right Rathna” – Sandhya joined her.

“Hey stop pulling her legs! She deserves to be one” – Lekha

“Of course she deserves! Only she deserves among us” – Rathna said with a smile and Jaanvi smiled at everyone and kept quiet.

“But this report na! I don’t have enough details! But am expected to do it somehow. Don’t know what to do” – Jaanvi sounded worried.

“Then what you will do Jaanvi” – Sandhya asked with concern.

“Don’t know Sandy! Will try my best with the available data! Even Megha is helping me! Will do my best and try to cover up with good presentation at least. Will make it visually appealing with good choice of colours” -Jaanvi

“Hmmm. If you need any help let me know” – Rathna

“Yeah dear. Sure” – Jaanvi

Lekha took her phone and showed her the wedding saree that she has bought.

“Wow!!! Lovely” – Rathna exclaimed at once seeing that

“Nice dear! It will look stunning on you” – Jaanvi smiled

“Beautiful. It will suit your skin tone” – Megha continued.

“Lekha!!! You have got such a lovely smooth skin. You never get pimples? But see my skin how many pimples I have got. How come you don’t get pimples at all” – saying this Megha touched Lekha’s soft cheeks

Lekha did not know what to reply and she just sat rolling her eyes.

“Oye!!! Evil eyes! Keep quiet” – Rathna said and looked at Megha

“No no. I dint mean it that way! Just curious” – Megha smiled

“Lekha!! Be careful with this girl” – Rathna tried to sound casual

Megha took her phone and showed everyone her new saree that she has bought for her birthday.

“This is the new saree!!” – Megha gave her phone to Sandhya

“Hey nice one!!” – Sandhya said and without any intentions, by habit she swiped the picture and there came a couple picture.

“Hey! This is your guy right?” – Sandhya exclaimed

“Yes” – saying this Megha got the phone from her and kept quiet.

Everyone were looking at her and there was no happiness in Megha’s face. She became dull at once.

“What happened Megha?” – Lekha asked with concern

“We fought” – Megha

“Oh! That’s why? It all happens in relationships.” – Sandhya

“Yeah! Listen to the experienced candidates’ advice” – Jaanvi showed her teeth pointing her fingers towards Sandhya

In few minutes, break was over and all dispersed.

Before lunch, Jaanvi compiled the report and sent to her manager.

“Will review it by today!” – Her manager pinged Jaanvi

“Ok Sir” – Jaanvi replied back and leaned on her chair relaxed.

Her phone flashed with a message. It was her brother

“Sis! Seems you have got a marriage proposal. Mom found from matrimonial site. They said they will check with their astrologer and call us tomorrow. Mom is positive about this. Since she checked with our astrologer”

Jaanvi did not know how to react. Am I happy seeing this? – She thought and smiled.

At once she pinged her friends and informed.

Sandhya came running the next moment “Hey really?!!! So! You will also get your partner soon na” – she said happily

“Happy for you dear!” – Lekha pinged

“Super!!! Jaanvi” – Rathna pinged at once.

The remaining day Jaanvi worked with enthusiasm. She did not know why she was feeling happy. May be she was able to get some positive response from the matrimony. That too the horoscope has matched and her mom checked that too!!! Her horoscope was the problem with every alliance that she got. Jaanvi was feeling very positive that the horoscope matched.

It was evening break.

Jaanvi called the other girls via the communicator.

“Hey Am not coming!!! Tight schedule” – Rathna pinged back.

Lekha and Sandhya joined Jaanvi at once.

Megha came walking with her phone on ears.

“Will join you after this call” – She said as she passed the girls

“Enjoy enjoy” – Sandhya winked at her naughtily knowing she was talking to her guy.

The break was as usual. They spoke about Lekha’s wedding preparations, Sandhya’s wedding and Jaanvi’s horoscope match. The three girls were feeling happy and Rathna was working with frustration thinking she couldn’t join the girls for break.

It was 6.30 and Jaanvi was done for the day. She completed all her tasks as usual and was about to turn off the system.

“Come to my room!!” – Her manager pinged her

“May I come in sir”? – Jaanvi asked as she opened the door.

“Sit” – her manager was going through the report which Jaanvi has sent

“Is the report ok sir? – Jaanvi herself started.

“What do you think?!!!” – Her manager asked in an angry tone

“Sir?” – Jaanvi looked puzzled

“Do you think if you play with the colours and make it look appealing, I can’t find? If you don’t have proper data, you should have done all the ground work. Shouldn’t give such incomplete reports.” – He was bursting with anger

“Sir…” – Jaanvi was shocked to see his reaction. This was her first time.

“What?!!!! Over confidence huh?!!!” – Her manager stared at her

“Nothing of that sort sir!!” – Jaanvi’s face turned pale.

“I myself will sort it out! You need not do.” – Manager

“I will do sir. I will try to fix it” – Jaanvi

“Fix it? What you will do. You will just change the colors and give me?” – Manager

“No sir”. Why is he so concerned about colours today? I have done this many times and he has appreciated me saying it looks appealing. Moreover the report is definitely not that bad. What happened today? May be he is in bad mood? – Jaanvi was thinking

“You can leave Jaanvi! And don’t think am a fool. And you are not using colors anymore” – manager

Jaanvi was almost in tears when she came out of the room.

What happened to him suddenly she thought and left it as such as she was emotionally weak that particular moment.

Megha saw her crying and came running

“what happened dear….” And Jaanvi explained her

“Oh my God! Why is he behaving like this. Is he that rude” – saying this she convinced Jaanvi and felt pity to see her cry.

Sandhya and Lekha already left and Rathna was working as she had to stretch.

Jaanvi pinged Rathna and she came to her place at once.

Jaanvi was sitting with a dull face and Rathna was feeling bad for her.

She was never careless with work. She was a perfectionist and she did her best even when things are not favourable.

“Hey it all happens dear!! Don’t worry na” – Rathna wiped her tears

“That stupid manager don’t know you or what? He has been seeing your work all these years na. What happened to him suddenly? Stupid he is” – Rathna cursed him in frustration

“Leave dear! It’s my mistake! But one thing! He was talking as if he overheard our conversation! I think he might be sitting beside us in the cafeteria and we dint notice him” – Jaanvi said wiping her tears

“But his lunch time is usually around 2 o clock na? May be he might have come early today and heard our conversation. Who knows. Anyway! let’s be careful here after. Now don’t worry. Be ready. I will join you in 5 minutes. We shall leave.” – saying this Rathna left.

As she sat on her chair, her phone rang!

“Yes my sweetheart!” – Rathna smiled

"What doing dear?" - Khaveer asked softly.

"Nothing. Going to start from office." - Rathna

“Rathna!! I have got to tell you something” – Khaveer hesitated

“What?!!” – Rathna

“You should not be upset or angry! ok?” – Khaveer

“Tell me what” – Rathna

“A girl proposed me today!” – Khaveer

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  9. Lata6

Lata6 Gold IL'ite

wow! you are covering everyone so nicely in this story...you left no stone unturned :) good going..enjoying this thoroughly..

IniyaaSri likes this.
  10. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Good going Iniyaa..

Jaanvi should know that she shouldnt discuss work at break and other places. I think Meghna is the black sheep.

IniyaaSri likes this.