1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love You In Death

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Jan 17, 2019.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Not disturbed Periamma. Was just thinking of a certain person who behaves consistently in this way - fights with people, makes up for a short while, then fights again, imagines she is progressing spiritually ...... and then goes to visit them when they are ill or dying.

periamma likes this.
  2. satchitananda

Dear Viswa,

True, there are innumerable people who treat their own parents that way. How can one expect them to behave better towards others? My only wish would be that they would stop being so hypocritical and at least not land up at the funeral if they don't care about them when they are alive.

Viswamitra likes this.
  3. satchitananda

Very true Geeta. I agree with the rider because it is certainly not very easy to practice.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  4. satchitananda

No issues Vijima! :)

5. satchitananda

:) That is interesting Lakshmi. Honestly, I don't care what anyone does after I am gone. If they like doing a drama, let them please themselves. However, my only request to the BH is that there should be no rituals, no priests. Straight back to the elements from wherever.

jskls likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:if he or she is fine and I visit them it may prove very costly. I may have to return the borrowed or in turn they may demand my money for their welfare or they may expect some material out of me perhaps share of property etc.
    In their death I visit them to confirm thst finslly the person is dead and there won't be any botheation. Affection or disaffection, all boils down to money or wealth. This is one view.
    When friends dear and near visit sick persons in hospital preferably with fruits and biscuits, it is believed to psychologically boost their belief system and speed up pstient recovery.
    Like a new born baby pave way for reuniting parent's of the loving couple, visiting a death makes up for the past and unites their wards.
    Thanks and regards.

jskls and satchitananda like this.
  7. satchitananda

Interesting thoughts sir. Especially the bit about visiting a death makes up for the past ..... Had never thought of it like that.

8. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Friends/Relatives -- when two such groups are piled up together, it insinuates that these are not close-enough to deserve individual references;) And besides, there is this "No news is good news" criterion that applies in normal times. When "news" happens, it does only when someone in this nebulous friends/relatives constituency is seriously ill, or have the bucket moved closer to the kicking foot. A time to visit, hoping that one could also run into others of the same category, such that several birds can be hit with one stone.
    In many old cultures (I skipped a bible quote on the deal) the tradition is to make it a point to visit the house of a funeral, while it is optional for visits to happier occasions. Meeting other extended family members who are still alive could be a prime goal. Learning the lessons from the life of the recently departed is another.
    Accumulated baggage (whether it be will'ed tangible stuff, or un-will'able gripes in the brain) exists for most. Realization of "can't take it with you" is all very well known, and occasional course corrections are made with suitable visits, whatsapp shares, and other means of peace talks/offerings.

Totally ignoring problems can only be possible for those who renounce the lot, and become sanyasin(i)s.;)

[Recalled the saying "Revenge is a dish that is best served cold". Checked the origin of that. The page doesn't say anything about waiting until the death (i.e., "cold") of the enemy :tonguewink:]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    jskls, satchitananda and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. satchitananda

jskls likes this.
  10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: It could be because it is for sure no more visit is required and one last final visit!
    Consider for a moment when Almighty is confronted with your question what would be His answer.
    God is always with the withered as he has to process the souls tending to leave the bodies where they lodged long ago.

satchitananda likes this.