1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love to make my husband jealous

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by akanksha999, Nov 30, 2011.

1. akanksha999

akanksha999 Silver IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

I want to ask you if you ever like making your hubby jealous?

I have realised that I am doing this. Whenever I get super angry I start talking about my ex and how he would never have treated me the same way and how happy I would have been with him. My DH knows I am talking nonsense bcos he knows I do love him...but question is why cant I stop being such a fool? I do not want to bring this ex (whome I have not even met since last 6 yrs altho we do have occational contact over email/phone) between our fights. I just cannot somehow stop myself from bringing him into our fights which of corz makes it only worse.

Till now my DH has been ignoring this but sometimes I think I am going to spoil a very lovely relationship for someone who doesnt even care abt me (yes,I mean my ex whos married with a kid and doesnt give a damn abt me in case you are wondering). I have tried to stop but it seems I get some insane pleasure in making my dh jealous. I love the way he becomes possesive then and I feel its a really wrong way to seek a sorry and love.

Please do give me some suggestions and let me know if you have ever made your dh jealous?

Akanksha

2. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

The thing is, some people cant seem to get a good night's sleep without grouching.

1 person likes this.
  3. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Iam sure you would not like it if the tables turned, stop doing it before it gets to destory what you have now!
    Why talk baout what has happened and spoil your future?

1 person likes this.
  4. GeethaMR

GeethaMR Silver IL'ite

Please find some other way to make your hubby jealous, if you want to continue it. Like replacing your Ex with "An ideal hubby" in conversations.
    Example: "An ideal hubby would do XYZABC etc". Because i feel, your short term gain of repeatedly repeating your Ex's memory will cause long term relationship loss and then your husband will totally lose interest in your conversations. He may become emotionally unavailable and aloof. :drowning

What is worse, he might point out your faults to hurt you and start saying "If I married ABCXYZ , at least she would not nag/irritate/incite me and ..." Stop pushing yourself and your hubby to the point of forced detachment.:hide:

2 people like this.
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Sometimes, the so called infamous mind games have a way burning your own tail..please think twice..the boat sails smooth as long as your husband takes it sportively (or acts as if he takes it sportively)..things could go down the day he does not...

Why are you trying to scratch a back that is not itching..?? i

4 people like this.
  6. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

Nope...I like it when he is a wee bit possessive and protective, but I don't have to "make him jealous"

Yes, you can! I really have a problem when people say "I just can't help it", "I just can't change the way I feel", "I just can't stop it"....the truth is you have a freewill and you can definitely change the way you think, feel, and act if you are willing to make the effort!

I bet you ARE going to spoil your marriage if you don't put an end to this childish behavior! I don't mean to sound harsh, but it really is insane to want to make your DH jealous on purpose just to experience his possessiveness. This could really come back to bite your behind if you keep it up. So I suggest you stop it right away and respect the good relationship you have been blessed with.

7. rheaa

rheaa Silver IL'ite

For how long do you think your husband will put up with the comparison with ex? No person male or female would want to be compared with another especially an ex. Your behavior will sooner or later bring out the 'I can never keep her happy' or 'we do not get along well' kind of thoughts to your husband thus destroying your relationship.
    You may like to make your husband jealous and see his possessiveness towards you but this is definitely not the way to do!

8. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

pushing him over the edge to see how far you can go before he reacts? Try to understand why you do this and find other ways of dealing with it.
    r

9. beerbal

beerbal Silver IL'ite

You should be thankful that he didn't retort by talking about his exes or telling you that you were his plan B anyway etc.

I think your guy is very nice or not very good at arguing/fighting; giving it back as good as he gets ;)

Stop it:) You can't take it if he returns it to you in kind...

1 person likes this.
  10. pretty84

pretty84 New IL'ite

You are not making him jealous, rather you wound him every time. Your hubby himself thinks that (or may be its true too), your EX is of higher status in the society and so when you do the comparision your DH feels inferior. This is the truth behind his slience.

Jus think if your hubby retaliates and talks about his ex's how much would agonize you..

Take care of your future, this is life, if broken, you can't quickfix it..

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011