1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love Marriage In India.. Hurt And Depressed After That :(

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by StressGril, Dec 23, 2016.

1. StressGril

StressGril New IL'ite

Hey Ladies out there.. pls help me out with my life situation with your suggestions.. I am so down and hurt...
    My story is little long.. but i will try to put it crisp as possible...
    I am from a family where women wont work and they will get married and settled with basic schooling. But my mom is lateral thinker .. he supported me and my sister against all odd and even .. now we both are working and well placed. I even traveled abroad for work - which created a buzz in a family being a girl.. but my mom trusted and gave hand for me.. All went good..
    Its in onsite where I met my hubby and we became close. He was suffering from a break up and was getting consoled with my company. Initially I was furious with him for letting down the girl he loved just because his family didnt accept her though he couldnt withstand her separation and was fretting about it. Day by day.. seeing his broken heart. gained sympathy from me.. and I gave him emotional support to come out of it.. yes.. he was back to normal.. and our friendship grew.. He was in touch with me each and everyday. Later I came back to India.. he too came back to India after a month and we worked together which kept our connection on and on. With time our bond grew so closer and both started falling for each other. I couldnt believe that this is happening to me as I know that he already had a love. But yes-- It just happened. Even then knowing his family and his past experience I know marriage is not possible and we never expressed love interest on each other.
    So I moved on with a marriage proposal from my family and got engaged with heavy heart - hoping I will overcome my feeling with time. I got engaged and my communication with him got reduced. Its after 1 month of engagement.. he is unable to see me going apart and discussed abt plans for stopping the marriage proposal .. so that we both can get married. I was shocked and also felt happy about the turn over. I told abt it to my parents.. both of our parents met and accepted abt our marriage after which we broke the engagement and backed up stating the reasons. Yes it was a very bad tough time.. But I did it for better future. The guy i got engaged had no questions and backed up too. Later only we came to know that the guy was already married before 6 years and that was hidden to us. That is why they accepted to stop the marriage. ho god.. how many twist in my life. now its all done.. we are in bliss that we are going to marry the long known friend after lot of struggles to make the family accept on both sides.
    -- cont

2. StressGril

StressGril New IL'ite

- continuation

3 months went good. Lot of romantic conversation, life promises, confidence, bliss all happened. He even built a new home to stay after marriage.My husband has an unmarried younger sister.. thats why he waited for long before he express his love. But now it has been declared.His parents accepted it out of no choice seeing my husband state and fear of losing me. Later the game started - where they told our marriage can happen only after sister's marriage. Already I was 31 and my husband was 33. Seeing his parent's unstability my parents told to do an engagement or register marriage - so that we can wait until sister's marriage as there is no defined timeline for it. They denied to do both. This instilled more fear in my parents mind. When I asked my husband - he told he cannot do anything about it. Later I somehow convinced my parents to have a small get together with important family members on both side and kind of formal confirmation about marrige. The meeting happened.. it went good. Even marriage date was finalised and declared on the same day.
    Now - everything started falling off. After relatives meet - my husband was scolded by different ppl for choosing the girl from different caste that too having a younger sister for marriage. I am not very sure on what all has been told. But he was totally down.. was not talking to me properly... always dull.. when i tried talking.. he told that I cannot understand what he is going thro.. and asked me to give sometime to recover himself as he is unable to handle ppl reaction on decision.
    I kept telling him.. that these are all expected and we need to face it.. he agrees but cldnt manage himself. He went to a point where he stated marrying me as a SIN.We had 6 months to get married.. and all these started falling .. I lost hope and said that if he is unable to handle this itself.. then there are many things to face in future and I doubt whether he will be able to manage.. and told we need to rethink about it.. But he told.. we cannot change the decision now for any reason.. we have to face anything that comes.. I too felt that I should not discard him just for his hard time.. But as time goes... more and more issues.. many accusions on my family by their family members.. all day arguments and fights...

Marriage invitation has been printed and distributed.. all arrangements has been done.. its 1 month before marriage he started convincing me to stop the marriage as it will not go good between families.. I was damn shocked.. Already a broken engagment.. then declared i am going to marry a long known friend/collegue.. finally the reason is family is not good.. who will accept? there was lot of question on my integrity.. he gave lame reasons to stop marriage.. at the same time felt its wrong to do so.. he was very confused.. i lost all good feeling for him... my parents became furious as they took all steps to break engagement just for us to live happily now they were unable to tolerate this drama and turn around.. they wanted to meet his family and decide .. but he stopped it.. he dont want us to create any fuzz questioning his parents abt it.. he just wanted a silent closure. they demanded so much grand marriage .. selected costly marriage hall.. costly caterings.. everything we arranged as they said.. he didnt help on any of those.. no comprimise..
    Its two weeks for marriage - his mother fell ill.. diagonised with heart blocks and recommended for bypass surgery.. he was more down and depressed.. totally disconnected my communication - I was trying to help him in hard time.. but all he felt was.. its because of me only his mom fell ill.. and i am the reason behind all stress. I was depressed to core and started getting palpitations.. entire situation was worst. Finally one day he called and asked me to postpond marriage cos of mom's health issue... I discussed with my parents.. and i revelaed his unstable mind also to them and expressed my fear abt it. Then they told that me and him alone cannot decide about it.. it involves family decision as well- so they again decided to meet their family and decide.. This time also my husband stopped my parents.. but they didnt listen and went ahead. Discussion concluded in marriage as per plan.. discording all other formalities except tying knot. My MIL surgery was planned the next day of marriage itself..
    -- cont