1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love Marriage & Arranged Marriage - Friendship Vs Love

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by IniyaaSri, Apr 8, 2016.

1. IniyaaSri

IniyaaSri IL Hall of Fame

Thank you so much dear!!! No more words!!! :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

2. IniyaaSri

Thanks Leena dear!!! :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:
    Dont want me to finish this story? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Happy that you liked them dear!!! :blush::blush::blush:

3. IniyaaSri

Hmmmm poor Pooja!!
    You want madhav and pooja to be together in future? :thinking: hmmm lets see!!
    Keshav entry huh? just few more episodes dear!!!
    Bear with me :tonguewink::tonguewink::tonguewink:
    Thanks for your feedback dear!!! :cheer:

4. mriduna

mriduna Silver IL'ite

@IniyaaSri
    Love the story and each of the characters, their depiction, your narration style, glimpses of Japan - everything, absolutely everything. Pooja's characters completely rekindled memories of a friend in college, it was exactly as you had depicted, the family's love for her, the 4 year super strong supposedly matured relationship and the switch in a couple of hours...
    You are really motivating me to plan a trip to Japan and maybe when I do I will reach out to you for tourist suggestions :)
    I want to guess many things too but will (try to) wait patiently for your awesome touch

IniyaaSri likes this.
  5. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Sorry Iniya... But appreciation is definitely for you..This is my second time I did this mistake in this forum..:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
    PS

IniyaaSri and sreeram like this.
  6. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

It's fine dear... none of us mistook you... We knew that your intentions were purely to appreciate Iniya. So stay chill dear. :blush::blush::blush:

IniyaaSri and peddadas like this.
  7. IniyaaSri

Episode 47:

They reached the restaurant and Rachna was introduced to Keshav's colleagues.

Everyone enjoyed their dinner together and started home.

Rachna and Keshav reached home and Rachna was removing her earrings.

"Rachna!!" - She heard Keshav's voice

Rachna stood before him.

"Why do you talk very fast?!!" - Keshav asked seeing her.

"What?!! started again?!! Its my way of talking" - Rachna kept her earrings on the table.

"I have already asked you to talk slowly. Today you were talking in English to my clients and you were so fast that they were struggling to follow your English" - Keshav

"I reduced my speed when I realized it. I spoke slowly" - Rachna replied with frustration.

"I already told you right?! They cant understand English and you need to talk word by word?" - Keshav

"Yeah...I know. Thats why spoke slowly" - Rachna replied

"Fine. When will you change your habit of talking fast?"- Keshav

"Look!! I have been talking like this for years! And no one complained on it till date!! Except you!!" - Rachna

Keshav was quiet.

"Not even one person had problem with my talks! Not in school...Not in college...Not in office...You are the only person who has problem with this" - Rachna was irritated.

"Fine! Assume that the problem is with me. So talk softly to me..You seem to get excited for everything...And that makes you talk very fast...And I am not able to follow it" - Keshav

"Dont talk as if we both are talking for the first time. Dont you know I speak like this?!! And before marriage you were showing your teeth whenever I talked. Now what happened?" - Rachna gushed out anger.

"Things are not same always. Life is different after marriage" - Keshav

"Yes! you are right! Everything is different after marriage. Its years since you said I love you." - Rachna wiped her tears

"Years?!!! Dont talk as if we are married for 10 years. First stop exaggerating " - Keshav said angrily

"Fine! Listen! This is my way of talking. And yes I talk fast! And no one had problem with this petty issue. You dont blow out. If I have to change my way of talking, I need to change my everything. Remember! That wont be me..That will be a different person altogether" - Rachna

"I really cant follow! What to do then?" - Keshav blocked her

"When love is thin, faults are thick" - Rachna said seeing his eyes

"What?!!!" - Keshav

"Yes! I mean that!! You dont love me..." - Rachna yelled
    Rachna....you very well know he loves you.... Her inner voice raised. Her anger threw away her inner voice and dominated her.

"What ?!! I dont love you is it?" - Keshav's eyes were red with anger...His anger was at its peak.

"Yes. If you love me, my faults won't matter to you..." - Rachna shouted without considering her neighbors.

"Yes!! I dont love you! I dont love you! I dont love you!" Saying this Keshav punched his hand hard on wall.

Rachna's eyes were watering more with pain.

"Hey!! What are you doing idiot?!!" She went forward to hold his hand.

"Stop!! Don't come near!! You said I dont love you right?!! Get lost! Just talk whatever you want! And do whatever you want! Get lost" - Keshav shouted

"Get lost huh?!!!" - Rachna's cheeks were getting drenched..

Keshav was closing his eyes in anger..

"Willl get lost!!" saying this Rachna banged the main door and went out.

Keshav opened his eyes after few seconds and took his phone from the table. And an other phone was lying beside.

He checked the time. It showed 11.55 p.m.

Keshav took his phone and started fiddling with it. Time ran. Rachna dnt come back.

Keshav's phone and tab made a deal and both ran out of charge which irritated Keshav more. He threw them on sofa and went and stood in the balcony.

The city was very quiet. Seems everyone were sleeping. The train tracks were quiet. There were no trains. The street lights were happily showing the way though there were none on the roads.

Keshav kept seeing the sky. The stars were glittering and the sky looked calm. The stars were looking like diamonds studded in a thick black carpet. Keshav kept watching all the stars...His head was turning for a 180 degree to see the stars that were visible to his eyes.

These stars are making the sky beautiful...Those tiny tiny stars....Keshav kept staring. After sometime the bright moon came out of the clouds..The entire sky was illuminated. The stars were nothing when compared to the brightness of the moon. Keshav kept seeing the full moon. There was a tint of yellowness in that full moon.

Keshav's brain threw a metaphor which he never expected. Though there were millions of stars, they were no match to the single moon. The whole sky got illuminated in a second.... In the same way...though there were numerous things in his life which gave him happiness, they were nothing when compared to Rachna...She was the one who gave him complete happiness..

"uffff.....why am I getting such a feel" Keshav rubbed his finger on his forehead.

Yes...I love her....Very deeply....Even she knows that....But why does she shout like that...Idiotic girl....How can she say that I dont love her anymore...Also...why does she exaggerate things...She never knows how hurting her words are...She never realizes what words she is splitting out whenever anger influences her....A hurtful word keeps disturbing even for years...Even though it is said out of emotion...Cant she think and talk....?!!!

Keshav was angry on her... He came inside and saw the time. It was 12.30 a.m and there was no trace of Rachna.

Keshav sat on the sofa staring at the main door. After some time the main door opened and Rachna was back. She opened the main door and 3 men were standing behind her.

Rachna's mobile beeped. She took it and saw Mathews have wished her "Good night". She got irritated seeing his behavior and closed her eyes.

Days kept moving. Meryl and Pooja came to Rachna's house after a long time. Rachna was happy to see them both. They were coming after attending Helena's wedding. Time was 8 p.m and Rachna took both the girls to her room. All three sat and started talking.

"I know you wont come for her wedding" - Meryl started

"Hey! I had work today! My manager will kill me if I take leave" Rachna said as she took her laptop.

Pooja and Meryl very well knew that was just an excuse and kept quiet without asking anything further.

"So how is your marriage preparation going?" - Rachna asked as she turned on the laptop.

"Yeah good" - Pooja's face was cheerful and happy.

"Your face is glowing?! Whats the matter?" - Rachna aksed

"Nothing Rachna! He is not like before..He started talking to me" - Pooja blushed

Meryl and Rachna saw each other and smiled at Pooja

"Good! He forgot everything?!" - Rachna

"No he dnt...but he is better ..." - Pooja replied

"So?! done with your shopping?! I still remember how we roamed for a week for Meryl's wedding shopping" - Rachna saw Meryl

"Yeah! I remember! She was searching for a wedding sandal for 2 whole days. That was good na! Loads of fun" - Pooja smiled with happiness.

"So?!! When are we going out like that?! Are you done with your shopping?" - Rachna asked eagerly

"Everything is over! we all went with our family and finished it" - Pooja said casually

Rachna felt bad and continued "Hmmm okay! So what dress you are going to wear for your reception?" - Rachna

"Will tell you..." - Pooja replied

"Hey!! Then what about hairstyle?!! Which one you are going to choose?" - Rachna asked with excitement.

"Come and see in my wedding! you will know" - Pooja replied

Rachna got hurted very badly that she dnt expect this reply from Pooja. It was always interesting to discuss about wedding preparations...dresses...accessories...and things like that..Even it was same during Meryl's wedding. But Pooja... why she changed like this...Rachna kept wondering and Meryl sensed it and tried to divert the topic.

"Ok we wont ask anything... what else.. what are the other things...."

"Hey you know?! I always wanted to get carried in a palanquin!!! I just want others to lift my palanquin and I should get down from that just like a queen. So I have arranged for that. People will carry me in that palanquin and I will get down from it in front of those 1000s of people and everyone will see me...What a feeling you know...." Pooja's eyes were filled with dreams...status...pride...

Meryl and Rachna stared at each other...Rachna was dumb struck seeing her like this....Her brain automatically threw the scene of how she cried when she came to know that Madhav is not well.. Rachna pushed away that image thinking thats of no use...She is not the same girl now...

Pooja's phone rang and she started home immediately. Since it was getting late, even Meryl started soon.

Rachna was busy browsing and her dad knocked her door and came in.

Rachna was surprised to see him in her room. He sat on the bed and Rachna was looking at him to talk further.

"Listen! This inter-caste marriage all wont work. That all not practical. None of our relatives will respect us. Though they won't talk in front of us, they will back bite. And I cant stand all those. I don't want anyone to talk bad about you or me...or our family. So just forget everything and lets proceed with your marriage" he said in a calm voice.

Rachna was surprised to see him talking in a soft voice.

"Dad! Why I shouldn't marry a Christian guy?!" Rachna posed her question.

"Rachna!!! I know you are a movie freak! It doesnt mean that whatever is shown in the movie will happen in real life too" - He said angrily

"Movies are not pure imaginations! Movies are based on what is happening in real life. Even imaginations need a hold to travel ahead...." - Rachna ended.

"Stop blabbering! Tell me this. Will you forget that christian guy?" - Anger in his eyes.

"No dad! I cant marry anyone else other than him" - Rachna

"Do you want me to get insulted in front of our relatives?" - Her dad

"Everyone will understand when the same thing happens in their family. Till then we can't bear the responsibility of making them understand" she said as she closed the laptop.

"Call me conservative....old fashioned or whatever!! I cant change my mind like this generation people. My heart wont let you get married to a christian guy" - her dad got up from bed.

"Dad! I can understand what you say. Your heart is not adapted to all these things. But just because of your likes and dislikes, I shouldn't have the rights to live the life in my own way. How can I be happy with a stranger?" - Rachna

"How do you decide you cant be happy? Your future husband will take good care of you" - her dad

"Dad! Lets talk frankly! Neither you nor I can give assurance for happy life. Just that you are thinking you are right. And am thinking am right. I believe Mathews will be good life partner and my instinct says yes. And above all, this is my life. And every human being have rights to live life as they wish. Even parents cant interfere in that" - Rachna

"Parents cant interfere in child's life?!!" - Her dad raised her hand in anger and Rachna moved back.

"Yes.Even every child is a human being. They have rights to choose things.We are not slaves" - Rachna said angrily

"Slaves huh?!! What the hell are you talking?!!! We sacrifice our entire life to bring you up...And you just like that talk like this? Right from the moment you were born, you know how many sacrifices me and your mom has done for you? Only a parent can understand all those. You kids will never understand" - Her dad

"Dad!!! If you are the reason for a child's birth. Its your duty to bring up the baby. Its not sacrifice. Its Nature. Its the nature of all living beings. Even I will be doing the same for my kids. And thats nature's law. And please dont call it as sacrifice. And by the way, just because you bring us up, you will ask us to give our entire life to you? Is it something like give and take policy? Tell me Dad!!" - Rachna asked firmly

"Give and take policy?!!! How cheap!! no one can ever compare motherhood like this!!" - Her dad yelled in anger

"Dad!! You have mistaken me. Let me make it clear. Every parent's responsibility is bringing up his/her kid. Its natural. Even I will do that for my kid in future. Because that will be my responsibility. So just because am doing my responsibility, it doesn't mean that my kid should give back his/her entire life to me"

Her dad remained quiet.

"Dad!! I really don't understand what will happen if I marry a christian?" - Rachna

"Its totally a different culture...different things...different habit...different people" - her dad tried explaining her.

"Fine! So what if I dont follow our culture...After all, all cultures' beliefs are purely based on positivity"- Rachna

"I want my kid to follow my culture..." - He said firmly

"Fine. As you say. Because no one is going to stop me from doing that in his family" - Rachna tried blocking him.

There was silence

"Tell me dad! I will follow our culture. Now will you agree?" - she saw his face.

"No. Its a christian family and I cant answer my people. I dont want to get insulted" - He banged the door and went away.

Rachna followed him and both stood in the living room.

"Dad!! After all everyone is going to die one day. Please stop these things..." - Rachna

"Die one day!!?? Then what for you have jewels...dresses... luxurious life...what for? tell me...after all we all are going to die one day! If it is so,,,why do you choose black instead of red...why do you search for one particular design the whole day?... These small things makes life meaningful...Just because we are going to die one day we cant stop everything today.." - He answered her.

"Dad!! What will you do if I marry him against your wish?" - Rachna asked him directly

"I cant face this society and I tell you now itself. If you decide to go against my wish, I will commit suicide right now. If you think your mom and dad are not important...If you think only that christian guy is important to you, then your wish. you will see us dying in front of you." he said with moist eyes.

"Dad!!What are you talking?" - Rachna was shocked.

She couldn't imagine her dad talking like this. He has always been strong. Is this the same person talking like a coward?

Rachna stood still with tears in her eyes....

Sweetynila, Adharv, Arunarc and 6 others like this.
  8. IniyaaSri

Hi Mriduna!!! :blush::blush::blush::blush:
    Very Very happy to see this lovely feedback from you!!!:blush::blush::blush::blush:
    Thanks for a lot for these positive words!!!
    And yeah things do happen like Pooja's character...
    Ha Ha Ha!! am motivating for Japan trip is it!!
    Definitely it is a wonderful country to visit and that would be my pleasure to pour my suggestions!!:blush::blush::blush:
    And thanks for waiting patiently with me :tonguewink::worship2:
    Awesome touch is it:shakehead: dont build hopes on me :lol::lol::lol:
    After all, everything is pure "attempt" and not actually stories :tearsofjoy::grin::grimacing:
    Thank you so much for your love!!! :kissingheart:

9. IniyaaSri

No issues dear!! Neither me nor Pri will mistake this :lol:
    So Now you can take away your palm from you face :smile::smile::smile::wink:
    And thanks for the appreciation dear!!!:blush::blush::blush:

sreeram likes this.
  10. IniyaaSri

Guys, posted today's Episode(47th)!! Read and let me know! :blush::blush::blush: