1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love Letters

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Anandchitra, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

I am curious to find if anyone has received love letters from their spouses before and / or after marriage?!
    Thirty years ago when I first met my husband we lived in different cities. So we used to go out when we met and he used to find excuses for us to meet. Even saree shopping became an excuse!:tongue
    He loved taking me to the beach, movies, carnivals what not
    Anyways in between times he used send me a lot of love letter and love greeting cards.
    Those days the greeting cards with love messages was a new concept.:wink:
    He also bought special stationary with lovers silhoutte imprinted on it.:drool
    He would write me lots of love letters which I collected and made a scrap book album and presented to him on our 25 th wedding anniversary.
    Do share your thoughts and experiences.. falling in love is so beautiful:)

16 people like this.

2. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

HELLO.. A,C...
    how come you've ventured into the relationship forum???.. anyways I too peep in here sometimes..
    after all that you've ranted about your lovely BH .. you never mentioned this romantic streak in him... so sweet and romantic that he even bought stationery with lovers.. hmmm I remember those.. now let me tell you about my very unromantic BH who was such a romantic BF.. he would draw sketches in the background of onion sheet paper.. remember those thin translucent paper??? well and then he would write his letters.. that was when we were away for about 6 months before we got married.. well I should look for them when I go to mumbai next.. atleast I can then blackmail him on some promise he never kept!!
    Kerman

5 people like this.
  3. Anandchitra

Hi there
    I too dont know how I ventured here.. considering it was middle of the night for me.. I was kind of missing my husband who is really near and close by me:crazy
    Yours seem very interesting too.. I remember the translucent papers:thumbsup
    My Archie greetings were really new back then:)
    Thanks for stepping in.. I never knew you were woman.. for some reason I thought Kerman was man:hide:

2 people like this.
  4. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

That is so romantic !
    I wrote one romantic letter to my dh after engagement and sent it with a cd of love songs. he cherishes it but sending cd was a bad idea as he is not good in hindi and would ask me lot of hindi and urdu words meanings which irritated me and we had a small fight :)
    My dh has never sent a hand written love letter but yes he does send love emails when he is at work and missing me :) and yes cards but mostly he picks one which are already full of cheesy lines so he does not need to write anything:D

3 people like this.
  5. Anandchitra

I am sure getting anything will make us women happy right :) and like they say its the thought that counts:)

6. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

AC dear I was also wondering how you are here. Nice to hear about your love story. I would have loved to get love letters but what to do my dh is from the olden times. So cant expect love letters or greeting cards from him though I love to receive.

He would write me lots of love letters which I collected and made a scrap book album and presented to him on our 25 th wedding anniversary.

Wow what a great gift to give to your dh on your 25th Wedding Anniversary. From your posts I can understand how loving your dh is . So what are you collecting now to give him during your 50th Wedding Anniversary

7 people like this.
  7. Uttaraa

Uttaraa Platinum IL'ite

I was in class 8th and he was in class 9th (the cutest kid in the block).

He calls me one day ..leaves a block away from where I stay and hands me a book and says ..er..this is mathematics guide that you wanted..(did I?)

I take the book home, run my fingers through the pages...and whoa..there it was - a small crinkled paper. I gingerly open it looks like a sonnet from Shakespeare on love and life ...

few years later....

Hey ..hey ..guess who?

Is that really you? Wow! It has been so long ...how did you get my number..uh ..oh yeh ..I'm in contact with him....wow school..you still in touch with old mates..golly! she really did that ...jeez..don't tell me that was him...

Erm..can I ask you something? Did you ever know that I had the greatest crush on you in school days?

Oh! Uh! Is it?

You mean you never realized not even when I gave you the guide?

Well..there was a scrawl in it but me being me and you being you ...I thought ..

That was a poem in your textbook and you were planning to use that scrap as a slip for the exam. Not addressed as 'sweetheart' and no sender details like 'beloved' ...it vaguely resembled bilateral professing of love. Roar of laughter at the other end ..do you have any idea ...what would it have been if I did that and you complained to my father ..scandalous!

Oh yeh it would have been exactly the opposite of the glorious fate you envisaged in that letter and read out the lines vaguely as I remember..Zapped on the other end! Utterly nuked! U REMEMBER EVERYTHING...oh yeh blame it on my okra-obsessed mom to enhance her daughter's memory.

That was the most cutest and my first love letter..took me many years to see it as it was supposed to.. and best buddies since then.

6 people like this.
  8. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Dear AC,
    All that am reading today is so lovey and dovey, that I couldn't stop myself from running down to the car park to grin at him and blush like a new bride, when I saw his car at the gates. So again am thanking you for your soooooo soooo cute post..:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

I had been in that holistic madness phase and I know how it makes the world go round…I had scribbled poems, crafted so much, cooked so much(being a veggie, I even started to learn and cook non-veg for him) and I should say I even became way too religious than what I was before. My life took a complete U-turn then.

Love letter was something which I longed/begged/coaxed/demanded from him and finally gave up. He was not that sort-of material at all. But at last he surprised me with one on our wedding night(you believe it, almost 15 pages, hand written) which brought me to tears. I value that as the most precious gift he could have ever got me.

-Neetu-

8 people like this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

And I couldn't help but feel "staying in love is even more beautiful" :) when I saw the title and your name came up with it, I was like oh this festival time is making AC all lovey dovey - enjoy the festival time. Since you mentioned this in response to Kerman,
    I am wondering if you are also sitting down with that scrap book you made! Yeah I know you presented it to him, but then I am sure there is more magic in you reading it, every now and then. Isn't there AC?

So you must have collected a lot of sarees, walked a lot on the beach, seen a lot of movies then AC! Nice thread and lovely to read all the stories.

3 people like this.
  10. Anandchitra

My sweetmost friend Viji
    I too dont know how I landed here.. and writing about love letters.. something happened in the middle of the night:) haha

Please tell your husband what you would like to get.. or sometime when you both are shopping.. nudge him towards the greeting card section and show him the card you like :).. Women have a lot of power my friend:)

50th wedding anniversary is 20 years away... my heart and soul is already with God.. so if I lead him also on the spiritual path that will be the greatest gift .. according to me.. that is.. loved your presence Thank you:)