1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love is Blind!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by prana, Jul 31, 2011.

1. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

For the umpteenth time I have signaled her. There was no response at all. What the damn thing she is doing now?? Eating at this early hour? Too bad she is. Already she looks chubby for her age. As a matter of fact, this chubbiness adds extra beauty to her. Don’t say this to her. She would be on cloud nine. Okay, until I get my signal back, let me share my little love story with you guys. Just a minute friends, can I call this as a love story?? I really wonder. Till now we haven’t proposed to one other, even we haven’t met in a private area and had an open talk at least. But you should believe it, I love her. I think she too loves me, else why she gives me the signal back daily.

Here signal doesn’t mean the gestures. We used to signal by means of our voices. I would give one unique sound something like whistling, but not exactly whistle sound (as I don’t know how to whistle) towards her. She too makes one different kind of sound towards me. No I shouldn’t say it as a sound. It was music. The volume of that music was very low and hardly any one can identify it. I should keenly notice it; else I would surely miss it. She is that much soft girl. This softness and calmness were my first impressions towards her. Usually she opens her mouth to signal me; otherwise she used to be very silent. I have never seen her talking with anybody.

She has very huge eyes, little bit round too. Whenever I look her from my place, the first thing I see was her sparkling eyes. She has a swarthy complexion. Believe me friends, the complexion or the outer looks doesn’t do anything to pure love. According to me she is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen.

I was born in this house. My mother died after two weeks of my arrival. From that day onwards I was very lonely. Though Lalithamma, the owner of this house took care of me very well, I felt deserted. Nobody talked to me or pampered me. Always I had to be alone. Then only I saw her. She came to our neighbor’s house one month before. My life has been totally changed from that day onwards. The very first time, our eyes were met; she looked deep into my eyes. I got goose bumps. She smiled at me and fled away.

After that, we used to look at each other daily. Whenever I want to see her, I started signaling her. So she comes near her compound and I would smile at her. This became our routine. But we never had the courage to talk with one another. Other important reason is, Lalithammaa won’t let me go out alone. But one day I would meet her and tell my love to her.

Still she is not coming near to the gate. What the hell she is doing there?

Neighbor lady is calling Lalithamma. She came near to our compound wall which was made up of sticks of wood. Always I look at her in the gaps of the wood sticks.

“Lalitha Lalitha , you know what happened yesterday night? Mani caught shenba(this was her name). She was dead…” she kept on saying something but I could hardly hear it.

I felt the sudden dizziness. Damn mani. I knew he would do this one day. Always I wanted to warn her about him but I didn’t know how to do it. That’s why I kept mum. But it happened. I lost her. I lost my love.

Useless neighbor, would any one breed dog and hen at the same place. Idiot!!!

Though I know I won’t get any signal back, I give it…

“kokarrrrrrakkkoooo..”

ps:Firends, this is a little luv story of cock and hen..How do guys like this??

7 people like this.

2. thamilpulavar

thamilpulavar New IL'ite

very cute. Good sense of humor.I was thinking the characters are going to be two dogs. Good suspense. You have the flair and flow.

3. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

Very binteresting story I thought it to be a birds love story ....

4. mathangikkumar

mathangikkumar Platinum IL'ite

Opposites attract each other!

5. Padhmu

Padhmu IL Hall of Fame

Hi prana,

interesting story. you maintain the suspence. I thought it was two birds. good one.

6. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

I knew it was 2 pets.. but didnt know cock and hen..

7. ArunaRSanthosh

ArunaRSanthosh Platinum IL'ite

8. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Prana...lovely narration...i thought it would be a dog but never imagined a love affair between a hen and a cock...i liked it :thumbsup

9. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

ha ha ha ha...Very cute one dear...Somehow I guessed it at the beginning that it should be some bird story...So, I read the last line first...he he he...Good one dear :thumbsup

10. aparnanc

aparnanc Bronze IL'ite

Such a tragic love story. But very nicely written.