Love and Time

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by Shakthi, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Shakthi

Shakthi Senior IL'ite

Love and Time

Once upon a time, there was an island where all the feelings lived: Happiness, Sadness, Knowledge, and all of others including Love.

One day it was announced to the feelings that the island would sink, so all repaired their boats and left. Love was the only one who stayed. Love wanted to preserve until the last possible moment. When the island was almost sinking, Love decided to ask for help.

Richness was passing by love in a green boat. Love said, "Richness, can you take me with you?" Richness answered, "No, I can't. There is a lot of gold and silver in my boat. There is no place here for you."

Love decided to ask Vanity who was also passing by in a beautiful vessel, "Vanity, please help me!" "I can't help you Love. You are all wet and might damage my boat," Vanity answered.

Sadness was close by so Love asked for help, "Sadness, let me go with you." "Oh...Love, I am so sad that I need to be myself!"

Happiness passed by Love too, but she was so happy that she did not even hear when Love called her!

Suddenly, there was a voice, "come Love, I will take you". It was an elder. Love felt so blessed and overjoyed that she even forgot to ask the elder her name.

When they arrived at dry land, the elder went her own way. Love realizing how much she owed the elder asked Knowledge, another elder, "who helped me?"

"It was Time," Knowledge answered. "Time?" asked Love. "But why did Time help me?" Knowledge smiled with deep wisdom and answered, "Because only Time is capable of understanding how great Love is".

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

A Beautiful Thought, Shakthi

True to the meaning of your name, Shakthi, which means power, you have given us all a powerful thought clothed in simple words. The allegory of love being understood by time is at once powerful and painful - I remember the loves of my life - friends, teachers - most of them I revered, some of them I did not understand and some of them I had even ignored - and now I realise that with passage of time I am able to understand and appreciate their love. One particular love I'll never forget, Shakti. He was my classmate in B.Com - about a quarter century ago. This boy was short and had a lot of pimples in his face. I too had had pimples but that was much earlier. By the time I was in B.Com. my face was very clear. This boy (I vaguely remember his name to be Rajagopalan) used to continuously look at me. He lived in the same street and we used to exchange smiles as we pass each other. Rarely we used to walk to our college together. He will never talk much and would listen to me with rapt attention.
    I never attached much value for his friendship. Because you can't be just doing the talking all the time. This boy was an introvert and did not have many friends.
    And as our college days were about to end his father was transferred to a far off place and we parted ways never to see again. But on the last day in the college he gave me a piece of poem praising me sky-high. I don't know whether I still have that piece. I preserved it for many years.
    After a few years I heard that he lost his mental balance and was committed to an assylum.
    Now I realise that I should have loved him more, spent more time with him, and should have deepened our relationship. That did not happen at that time. With a quarter century of time I am able now to recall his selfless love. He has not asked any favour from me. I have lent books to many students, helped many with their lesssons; but this man never asked any help from me.
    Where will I see him, Shakti? I don't know whether he is alive, and if so in which part of the world. May be I too acted like the virtues of vanity and happiness in not taking him along the way.
    Your thread kindled these long last memories.
    It was a beautiful thread. May you be blessed.
    sridhar

Last edited: Aug 30, 2005
  3. Shakthi

Shakthi Senior IL'ite

Real eye openers...

Hello Varalotti,

Thanks for your appreciations and wishes.

Though the content of the message is not my own, I liked the content and was able to relate to real life, where many fail to understand and share love due to lack of time.

I am very happy you enjoyed reading it and hope the same with many others in this community.

Such readings are many times real eye openers...is it not?

4. slgayatri

slgayatri Bronze IL'ite

Shakthi
    Its really good..
    The great things are said in simple words..
    Good one..
    Keep posting such..

Gayathri.