1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love and Only Love!!! - Chapter 9

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by vidchakra, Sep 4, 2011.

1. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Chater 9 - The End!!!

It was the most important decision of her life. Aanya was not in a hurry. She knew she herself was not perfect, so she didn't expect Aman or Varun to be perfect. She had loved both Aman and Varun at some point of time in her life.

She talked to her parents about both Aman and Varun.
    "Aanya, you are matured enough to take a decision. We know that you will make the right decision." Her dad had told her.

One week had passed since Aman and Varun had proposed her. Aanya had always looked up to Varun for advice. But here she was to take a decision all by herself. During this entire week Aanya didn't talk to both of them. She stopped taking Varun's calls and avoided Aman in office. She didn't want either of them to make any influence in her decision.

The next day Aanya met Aman over coffee. Aman was eagerly waiting for Aanya to talk.
    "Aman, I have to tell you something."
    "Yes Aanya."
    "You are my first love."
    Aman's face brightened when he heard this.
    "I had loved you as a young girl. I had weaved many dreams for myself."
    Aanya told Aman all about how she was looking forward to his arrival from US and how her heart broke when she met Anusha.
    "But Aman... My feelings for you have changed over the period of time. I love someone else now. I am sorry, I cannot accept your proposal. We can still be friends."
    It was Aman's heart which broke this time. Aanya looked at Aman and smiled. Aman tried hard to return the smile.

Aanya felt bit lighter now. She had asked Varun to meet her at the Coffee Place in the evening. When Aanya reached the place, Varun was already there.
    "Aanyaaa.. I have been longing to talk to you. Why did you not receive my calls? I was planning to meet you at your house if you had not called me today."
    "Varun... I needed some time for myself. There were so many things going on in my life. I needed my own space to shape my life the way I want."

Aanya then told about her meeting with Aman.
    "Varun, As I have already confessed to you, I love you." Aanya and Varun looked into each other's eyes.
    "Varun, Both of us have fallen in love before. I am wondering if unlike our first love, our feelings will remain same this time."
    "Of course Aanya. We will be happy together."
    "I am not sure. I cannot make any decision about this now. And what about Priya? What will we tell her?"
    "I will talk to Priya. She is no longer the old Priya. I am sure she will understand."
    "Varun, I feel both of us need time before we commit to each other."
    Varun was feeling helpless. He was trying hard to convince Aanya.
    "Varun, Let's forget everything for few days and see how it goes. We will still be friends."
    Varun nodded his head.

When Aanya reached home that night, there was another news awaiting her. There was a call from her dad.
    "Aanya...." Her dad was sobbing at the other end.
    "Papa... What happened?" Aanya was scared.
    "Your mom is not well. She fainted suddenly. I have brought her to the hospital. They are doing some tests on her."
    Aanya was trembling on hearing this. She told her dad that she is immediately starting for Ooty.

Out of her habit, Aanya dialed Varun's number. She told him everything. Varun and Aanya started off for Ooty. It was early morning when they reached Ooty. They went directly to the hospital. Aanya saw her dad outside the ward. He was looking so pale and worried. She went running to him and hugged him. Prakash felt lot better after seeing Aanya.

"Aanya, doctor said there is nothing to worry. Her BP has risen and no other problems. She will be discharged today."
    Aanya went inside and met her mother. Both of them were glad to see each other.

Later in the day, Sumathi was discharged.
    "Aanya, Varun, Both of you have left all your work and come here. You go back and resume. I will take care of Sumathi." Prakash said.
    Aanya was feeling guilty of not being with her parents when they needed her. She immediately took a decision. She was never a person who made decisions so quickly.
    "Papa, I am coming back here."
    "What?" Prakash was surprised hearing this.
    "I cannot leave you and Mama alone here. It's my duty to look after you. I have been so selfish, thinking only about myself. I am resigning my job and coming here. No more arguments." Aanya said and went away.

It took Aanya one month to complete all her pending tasks in office. She was so busy during this time that her mind and heart were completely away from Varun. Varun still made it a point to visit Aanya or talk over phone.

Varun had also confessed to Priya about his love for Aanya. Priya was angry when she heard about it. She had even stopped talking to Varun for few days. It then realized upon her that she had left Varun all alone and Aanya's company was what he had. And with time she came to terms with Varun's love for Aanya. Varun, Priya and Aanya still remained good friends.

Two years had passed by. Aanya was now busy looking after her parents and her new job in Ooty. She now worked as a English lecturer in one of the colleges. She had not visited Bangalore even once in those two years. Varun visited Ooty once in a while to meet Aanya. But he never brought up the topic of their love. She also met Aman whenever he came to Ooty to meet his parents. Aanya's parents had brought up the topic of her marriage many times. But she had very cleverly avoided it. The biggest change was in Priya's life. She was now happily married as per her parents wishes.

Aanya was cooking dinner when she got a call.
    "Hi Aanya, Hope you remember about our next week plan." It was Varun on the other end.
    "Yes. I am waiting to meet you all."
    "Hey.. same here."

Varun and Priya came over to Ooty to meet Aanya. Varun's mother had also accompanied him. Since Aman was also in Ooty at that time, she invited him. All of them were sitting and talking when Aanya suddenly called Varun and took him out.
    "Varun, I am now sure."
    "Sure about?"
    "I am sure that I love you." Aanya smiled at him.
    Varun was in a state of sweet shock.
    "These two years though we were away from each other, we were still together. We should get married soon." Aanya continued.
    "Oh Aanya... I am so happy."

Aanya ran inside to inform her parents. Everyone was glad to hear the news.
    "This time you both are coming with me to Bangalore. No more arguments." Aanya hugged her parents.

peddadas likes this.

2. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vid....,
    You have given very thoughtful twist and ending really my heart is full that I do have a friend who has all the trappings of a good author....Dear Why dont you send this to Womens Era or some such magazine I am sure it will be liked by them and gets published.....

Vid we as readers have read your serial and are very pleased and hungry for more hope you wont disappoint us and serve us with another serial...I know dear you must be busy..take your time but please promise that you will come up with another one....

3. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Dear vjbunny,
    Thank you so much for the first feedback!
    I was bit worried if the ending will appeal to the readers. I am glad you liked it. I will surely miss this weekly writing. Aanya had become part of my sunday :)
    I will sure come up with another story. Thanks for asking.

And regarding publishing in magazines, I have no idea how to do it. I dont have any contacts. As of now, happy with the feedback and encouragement I receive from ILites :) I am happy that you found my writing worthy of publishing in a magazine...

4. lalithasathish

lalithasathish Silver IL'ite

Vidu,
    That was a beautiful ending dear..finally aanya would get married to the one she is in love with, without fearing about the world. Happy that priya could understand the situation so could aman..come out wih more writings dear :)

5. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vid,

That was a very pleasant ending to the story ..it had so many interesting twists in it ....I really enjoyed reading the serial .....Thank you so much giving us such good story ....:)

Expect more from you

6. shobna

shobna Bronze IL'ite

Nice ending Vid.... varun and Aanya's feeling towards each other were genuine, and it grew deep with time..we will all miss Aanya here after...hoping to see another nice serial story from you soon!

7. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Dear Vid,

That was a good ending... there were many twist and turn in the story..Really enjoyed it very much..Hope to see more from you...

Shanti

8. archanapc

archanapc New IL'ite

Hi Vid,

Superb !!!!!!!! The ending rocks :) Ananya's decision was really sensible :)

Very good writing :) Thanks for such wonderful stories :)

Regards
    Archana

9. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Wonderful story Vidya. Though I never commented before, I have been an avid follower of your story. The story is very well written and enjoyable to read and I could relate to all your characters. God bless and keep writing more :)

10. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai VC,

Happy ending with a happy note to Ms.Aanya's parents. Nice one dear.Pls do send it to Magazine surely it will be a great hit to others also than this IL site. Keep rocking.:thumbsup