1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love and affection is like a tonic

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Dec 31, 2011.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Hi dearies I was missing IL so much since 22nd December but due to my health controlled myself. But today being the last day of the year could not be without writing in snippets because snippets is my favourite forum

I am feeling much better today. Went to Temple and took God's blessings. The improvement in my health is not only because of the treatment given by Doctor but also the love and affection shown by all my friends from IL, outside IL, the phone calls I received from IL friends from different parts of the world, from other friends and relatives. Also the visits made by friends and relatives when I was in Hospital.

I never felt I was in Hospital as the other patients were also so affectionate. When I was in Hospital in General Ward the patients came and left. One was a Bank Manager and was telling me when you come to the Bank dont forget to meet me. He had some heart problem. Another young guy who was my son's age was so friendly. When he was admitted early in the morning, his brother was staring at me and I was thinking why he is staring at me. Then later he was saying I was wondering why you have been admitted because looking at you I felt nothing is wrong with you as you were looking cheerful all the time. In the evening before going home his father was telling me maaji look after my son as noone will be with him. Another uncle who had BP problems was admitted and his family were also so affectionate. He has two daughters and both used to enter the hospital with a smiling face.

Because of the visits by friends and relatives and also phone calls from everyone my time passed nicely. Our family friends never allowed my husband to cook at home and were sending breakfast, lunch and dinner. They were having competition between them as each one wanted to send.

I phoned my ex boss who is like a brother to me. Was so surprised that he came to see me taking trouble of coming by bus and train . In travelling only he spent 4 hrs and was there for 1 hour. He helps people in accu pressure and taught me also to do for good blood circulation. I was feeling sorry as he is 72 years old and he came alone. When I told him why you took so much pains he told me you had typed my appointment letter and were the first steno for me , so you should be given top priority.

The next day when I phoned my boss, his wife picked up and was telling me that her husband was saying that I was looking as usual only with pattu podavai(silk saree), though it was not a pattu podavai.

While I am writing this I am so touched with the love and affection shown by everyone. Hope New Year will start good for me and health will be alright. This whole year I enjoyed visiting places so God wanted me to take rest I think.

Because of my health I could not attend poojas, cradle ceremony of my niece's son for which I had written a song. Since a week programme is going on in our colony right in front of my house but I could not go.

Affections are like lightning, you cannot tell where they will strike until they have fallen, says a quote. Affection is an important trait has to be necessarily cultivated in the minds of humans There is no power that is greater than true affection and it has the power to withstand any rough form of qualities. The seed of affection must be sown in the young minds to dream of a utopian world, where there is only affection love, togetherness and no place for war and hatred. We can never say that affection bestowed on others has been wasted, affection was never wasted. In fact, any amount of affection is always reciprocated with equal, if not more magnitude. This is true for parents to children between a man and a woman or between friends. A gentle touch of hand speaks more than volumes of words. - Author unknown

2 people like this.

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Viji Dear
    You went to hospital to treat yourself or to enjoy, Just kidding dear.
    I feel becoz of this jolly mood and always keeping yourself cheerful you got well so fast. Nice to see you well again but do take rest and takecare of your health.
    Loved the quoted lines. Let the Lord shower his blessings on you to give you good health and this happiness always.

2 people like this.
  3. vidraghu

vidraghu Platinum IL'ite

Vijima, Nice to know that you are back to normal...Wishing you and uncle a very happy, healthy, peaceul and prosperous new year 2012... Have a great and lovely time around...Cheers!! :)

1 person likes this.
  4. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    Sorry to hear that yo were hospitalized, but very much relieved that you are back home. May God Bless you with robust health in year 2012 and also the following years!
    Wish you and your family "A Happy and Prosperous new year with robust health!"
    Love,
    PS

1 person likes this.
  5. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Viji ma, wonderful to see your cheerful self once again in Snippets !!
    Lovely post and being a lovely person yourself it is no wonder that people come to meet you/talk to you from from and near !!
    Look forward to much more interactive snippets from you ma for 2012.

1 person likes this.
  6. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

vijji
    new year is here and on the eve i wish you happy il ing :)) with lots of posts with lots of love and affection get well soon with more energy vijji rocks :) as u said with no love or affection one cant be what they are ..
    love
    radha

1 person likes this.
  7. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji aunty,

Good to know you are back from hospital. May this New year be prosperous and healthy year for you and your family

Regards
    Manjukps

1 person likes this.
  8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Vijima, it is nice to see you back here in Snippets. Glad to know you are doing better. Wish you a very happy and prosperous new year with lots of good health and cheer. Please take plenty of rest and bounce back to your normal self soon. :-D

1 person likes this.
  9. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vitamin Viji Aunty,:)

Happy New Year!!!:bowdown

Nice to get a dose of your "Vitamin Tonic"......:thumbsup

Some people make the people around them happy and feel good just by their presence......:thumbsup

When your virtual presence can vitaminize us......, your physical presence would be an "Energy tonic" ofcourse!!!!:thumbsup:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  10. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Dear Aunty,
    Please take care of your health. Wishing you and your family a very happy new year.