1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

LOVE ALL - Episode 14

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Feb 27, 2009.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathi,

Thanks for your electrifying fb which left me speechless. Anything done with other human beings has a lot more power. That's why Ramanujar in his infinite wisdom introduced "Koshti" or congregation in all the temples, starting with Srirengam.

The only way to understand our faith and reinforce it in our minds is to integrate it with our life. Ever since we had the Western Education and the Western Way of living, we have relegated Religion to a separate department - something like the natures call to be done away with early in the morning and never to think again of it till the next day.
    Whereas in those days every activity, even cooking, eating, working, walking, playing everything was connected with our religious faith.

Thanks, Malathi. In the fiction format I can only do this much. I am going to try a different format next time. Soon. What is that? You will have to wait till the announcement comes in IL. Till then please keep on guessing.

And do not forget your second date with me - 6th march around 6 30 pm.

thanks for the really touching fb. Something that inspired me to write the climax with confidence.
    love,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Dear EQ,
    thanks. A real devotee never loses hopes. He knows that whatever the Lord does it is always for his own good. And KG is a real devotee. But even he has some... no, no, let me not spoil the suspense by telling in advance what's going to happen in the next episode. I am sure you would not have forgotten the second date you committed to have with me, that is on 6th March, Friday at 6 30 PM. For the climax. For a good measure do read my threatening invitation in post #37.
    I did what your DH could not do all these years.. bringing tears to your eyes... was just kidding EQ. These tears shed out of love for God and for fellow human beings is good for our health.
    Did not God rushed timely help to Draupathi, to Gajendra... We have let God down several times. She will never ever let us down.
    thanks for the nice fb.
    love,
    sridhar

3. Sudhamayee

Sudhamayee New IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Hats off to u. May the Holy Mother bless u with all success in all ur endeavors. Let me introduce myself, I am Sudhamayee, a new member in the community. I joined this community only to read ur writings and I love them very much. Coming to this episode, I have been weeping all the time reading this one. I really don't know how much u have felt while writing this. I bet after reading this even the people who don't believe the Holy Mother (the poor ones as they r ignorant of the Mother's Love) will start to crave for Her love.

Thank you very much for such a holy and lovely episode.

This is my fisrt post in the forum and I am really very happy to start posting for such a wonderful and holy episode.

With Regards,
    Sudhamayee

4. varalotti

dear bas,
    If I made you emotional with the story, you took revenge on me by making me emotional with your fb. If I am going to get fb like yours and others who have written in this thread, I am even ready to forego my food and water and spend all the 24 hours writing for you guys.
    You are right. I was crying a lot over the episode. Many times I had to withstand the suspicious looks of my colleagues. The height of it was when I go on bike rides and stand at the traffic light, suddenly I'd remember the scene where the DGP casually says, "I am Mahalakshmi" A loud sob would escape from my mouth. You see even if the story is fiction, HER love embedded in it is real.
    Several years ago I saw an English movie, The Poseidon Adventure. The US Navy will go out of the way for a rescue operations At the end, in the title card they would show in block letters,
    "The story is pure fiction. But the rescue capabilities of the US Navy are real."
    I will have to show a similar title card for this episode. The incidents may be fiction; but HER love is real. In fact that is the only real thing. The rest are Maaya.

I am thrilled at the reception KG got in your hands. But you know even KG... no no no let me not spoil your suspense. And bas, don't forget the next date with Varalotti. 6th March. I might try to post it around 6 pm. Let me see.

In fact if there is a popularity contest in IL KG will win hands down relegating Varalotti to the last few places.

I agree bas, it is not fair on my part to expect a fb, especially after knowing the emotional state you are in after reading the episode. But tell me bas, without your fb, how could I know about your emotional state?
    Like that mythological bird which survives only on rain water a writer like me survives only on fb. That's my staple food and life-blood.

When I saw what you have quoted and the common incident we know as a proof for that, I shivered for a moment unable to bear the feelings of gratitude. You will see more of it in the next episode.

To say that SHE wrote it through me is not modesty, bas. On the other hand it is the height of arrogance. Because when I claim that She came into me to write that episode, I am only thinking too much of myself. But one thing is sure bas. A mofussil accountant and a part time writer could not think of writing something like that if HER grace is not there.
    thanks for the long fb.
    I too got emotional and have not given a point by point reply.
    love,
    boost

5. varalotti

Dear malathi,
    I am really anxious that the next episode should be read by as many people as possible. whatever things happened to me while writing are sure to happen to those who are reading it. I don't want anybody to miss that feelings. Hence that 'threatening invitation'
    love,
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Dear Manasa,
    Thanks a lot. And my dear niece, please don't forget the second date you have with your Uncle. On 6th march around 6 PM. Where I will be posting the climax.

thanks once again for those nice words, manasa.
    love,
    sridhar uncle

7. varalotti

Dear Usha,
    My namaskarams to your mother. Will be waiting for you on Friday. Same routine. Lamp lighting. Sooktham Chanting and Story reading.
    love,
    sridhar

8. kripa shankari

kripa shankari New IL'ite

"When we see that gigantic Bhadrakali (Correct me if I am wrong, Krips. there is only one Bhadrakali Amman vigraham in swami sannathi. There are two gigantic vigrahams - one is Agni Veerabhadrar and the other is Aghora Veerabhadrar) we have a comfortable feeling - when this Goddess is for us who the hell can be against us."
    well it is 17 years since i visited madurai
    i remember lord,amman,kali,two big gigantic bhadras ,porthamarai kulam
    and mandapam.
    i clearly do not know whether it is amman's form or lord's form.
    maduraikarar agiya thangal en pizhai poruthu arulvirgal ena
    thazmayudan kettu kol giren
    "You know Krips I am only a half(baked) lawyer"
    we all love arai vekkadus,it is much tastier than the crisp murukku
    jokes apart ur answers did satisfy my curiosity.
    well u seem to say 50 plus mofussil accountant a lot.
    i just want to tell u
    1.there is a saying nothing like old wine
    2.mofussil--- means more down to earth.my father is from a kugramam
    i can bet he knows a lot more than all these techies of the city
    3. come on yaa namble namma kammiya sollikalama

luv
    krips

9. varalotti

Dear Pooja,
    It is very nice of you to have learnt Sri Sooktham from Love All. Now I am happy that all the lonely nights spent before the system developing the plot and writing the episodes were not spent in vain. And happier still to know that Pooja has included SS in her daily Pooja. May the Holy Mother shower her choicest blessings on you.

You know, even I was quite tense while writing this episode. I wrote and rewrote several number of times. Removed a few scenes, added a few more and froze the episode only on Wednesday night.

The sad thing is that there are several police officers like Inspector Kumar and only a very few like the DGP. In fact I myself was so much angry with that unscrupulous inspector that I made the police officer break his collar bone. You might have read that Yamini heard the sound of his bones cracking.

I am really proud that I have made somebody like Pooja to look forward to a second date with vara. Now you will have to include one more item in your daily morning prayers, at least tomorrow and the day after. That Vara should not disappoint you in the final episode. I am planning a different climax for this serial. So fasten your seat belts and stay tuned. Do chant the Sooktham every day.
    thanks for the nice fb.
    love,
    vara

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  10. varalotti

Dear Jothi,
    I can understand. Immediately after posting this episode I felt that a big load was being lifted off my heart. I started walking to Nehru Alalasundara vinayakar temple some 4 kms away. I was thinking only of the various words I wrote in the episode. And when I folded my hands before Lord Ganesa, only those words became my prayer. He is sure to understand.

I was thinking of the name I should give to the DGP. Then I remembered a girl who beat me in an oratorical contest when I was in school. Her name was Mahalakshmi. I was wondering whether people have that kind of a name. My mother confirmed that kind of a tradition is there. Then I came to know of several Mahalakshmis.
    So I gave that name to the DGP and soon after she tells her name the chanting is heard. That scene would look nice in a movie setting. Imagine their going somewhere near GN Chetty Road. And there is a small prayer camp on the road. And the chanting comes through the mike.

It is only the details that make the story credible. The beauty is people wont remember the details. But if the details are omitted then people wont remember the story.

Will be waiting for you and your son on Friday evening. The climax is pretty long, about a thousand words more than this episode. So plan accordingly.
    thanks once again for the fb,
    love,
    sridhar