1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

LOVE ALL - Episode 12

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Feb 14, 2009.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padma,
    After serving the appetizer I was really worried. Having stirred your hunger if I mess up with the food, then there will be no salvation for me.
    Even while serving the appetizer I had those twists and turns in mind. After all I need them all as the story marches to its climax. Unlike A Love Story which went on for a few weeks even after the climax scene, I want to end this one with a "grand finale". You know I love to dramatize a bit. ha ha.

For a while I knew what was going on in IL. And believe me Padma, our Mods, had to face far tougher situations, even more delicate ones and had to take much more complex decisions. Like Vaishali we also lost a few members. But that's bound to happen when we are a large community. One thing that's great about IL is that we are very transparent here in this site.

I am sorry to burden your weak heart with a week-long suspense. But just as weak persons are advised to do some kind of an exercise to build up their stamina, so this waiting period will be a kind of exercise for you. And you know I am now breaking my head for a juicy penultimate episode. So please do pray for me.

'Varalottirasigai' I am quite flattered by that name. With that name I would have let you into my brain.. but with the present technology we can't do it. So the next best is to wait for a week. Just three more days left.

Thanks for the nice fb which really has inspired me to write a better Episode 13.
    love,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Dear Kamla,

The thread is complete only after your fb. Your viewing this episode as yummy food placed before a hungry person (or one who's on diet) is a very kind compliment paid to me. As you know for us writers and other artists, compliments is the only yummy food we need to take in large quantities to sustain ourselves in the field. So thanks.

For the first 11 episodes the story has been just a goody goody one. So I had to pep up with some people and incidents to make it a little hot. And this time I want to finish the serial when things are white-hot.

So Madam, you managed without seat-belts till now. But for the next two episodes you may need more than a seat belt. I mean a strong heart.
    Please dont tell later that I didn't tell you.
    It's only wednesday now and you have time till Saturday to pep yourself with.

Thanks for those "yummy" words you have for my fb. Well contrary to what many people think, I grew up before your very eyes, only by promptly and impulsively answering all your fbs in one go. That honed by writing skills.

Now if any young writer approaches me for guidance I know what exactly should I tell him.

And while on this, let me not forget to add, Please do pray for me that I should deliver better stuff in LA 13 and 14.

love,
    sridhar

3. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridhar ,
    Enjoyed this episode thoroughly !

- liked these lines - very true . You just go through the root of the problems & come out with a solid reason for each & every happening ! Great Sridhar !
    – my eyes were full while reading these lines – was it because of Janaki’s extreme kindness or varalotti’s beautiful words ? :confused2: ……
    Destiny does add charm to the sequences ! It reminds me ( unavoidably ) of the ‘ manasaatchi ‘ that would appear almost in all the movies of Director K. Balachandhar ! ( I don’t mean to say that you are a ‘ copy cat ‘ ! Your ( destiny’s) expressions are far more impressive & realistic than his ! Really i mean it , Sridhar !
    The argument between Yamini & Vaishali was so hot that it caught me too & I had to switch on the AC so as to cool myself down ! Jokes apart … well done , Sridhar ! Could feel the flame through Yamini’s words ! :wow

- I didn’t see varalotti here , only Sridhar who loves his DD to the core !
    You see Sridhar , do you think that your DD will keep quiet while you were attacking HER people ? ( by that time they would have become her dear parents actually – please remember this dear ! ) :crazy

. –

100% acceptable point ! I’ll add my own point too here : Some people are highly pious , but they don’t even dare to think about others’ feelings & go on hurting them by their words & actions . I ‘m damn sure that God will NEVER give His ear even to the slightest of their prayers .
    KG is generous enough to apologize for the mess made by one Narayanan in his forum . Great KG ! Great VR too ( as our Kamla has mentioned in her sweet fb ! )
    KG’s story was extremely good ( as usual ! ) :clap
    - perfectly right , Sridhar ! :hatsoff
    - Lots of love & admiration ,
    - Indhu.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  4. varalotti

Dear Indhu,

Your fb filled up my heart and made me glide through the draft of LA 13 with no extra effort.

I am swear anywhere that you were not by my side when I wrote LA 12. I am damn sure that I did not let you read LA 12 before I posted it here. As you know my laptop is password protected and even if I had left it on, no one could see through.

In spite of all these things, you have written as if you were with me when I drafted those lines which you have chosen for quoting it here.
    That means a lot to me. You have read the episode thoroughly and sincerely as you always do. And have picked up those lines because once you read it with all your heart, you can't help notice those lines.

Whether it is Vaishali's fame getting into her head or the words I used to convey the content of Janaki's message to Vaishali, I could see nothing but your sincerity. Hats off to it.

This manachatchi, Destiny and all are writers aids. There are some scenes where we do not want any of the characters to comment. If the writer himself stands aside and comments it will be a drag on the narration.So we introduce a fictional character and let it say those words. Destiny has come in handy for me in several places. Just wait to see what's happening in Episode 13.
    Anybody who has got a daughter will have these feelings.And Iam not going to attack them if they do not hurt my daughter. So there is no need for your caution, dear.

That's one reason I hate doing prayer in a pooja room when others are busy about their own business. That's why all my forms of worship are loud and noisy so that no one can disturb me.
    You are right. If by an activity called prayer we develop hatred over our fellow human beings, then it is not worth it. But many people think that praying is equivalent to depositing money in a bank. So they go on praying without caring for others.

Thanks for liking KG's story.
    Indhu, I do know that you hate my making a big fuss of my own story. But I can't help saying this. As I was writing Episode 13 my hands started trembling on two instances. I do not have even the mind to edit the first draft which I have to do any way now.

thanks for your precious time, Indhu. Thanks for your wonderful fb.
    love,
    sridhar

5. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri,

Im back home, this forum I mean.:)

And what a way to be welcomed here with a fascinating episode. You know there has to be the quality in you not just as a writer but as a person too,to be able to sustain the love of so many. Must learn a lot from you.

The pace of the story is awesome. If anyone ever says that reading a long episode can be boring must read this to know how interestingly it leaps , with twists and turns churning out different emotions from its readers ,without a moment of boredom.

All the character have some interesting trait and I love to read the different behavioural patterns of different individuals and this really gives me a chance to meet various characters with varying mannerisms.

Being a part of this community I definitely can relate to a lot here. A fact that I told Laliii when I met here. Yes Love All and ALS were definitely apart of our convo.

Great one Sri, Loved this.

Love,
    Devika Mol

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

sorry for coming in late Sridhar, but that too had its own advantages..
    read the paasuram of Periazhwar regarding Andal's marriage..
    To tell the truth, I started reading Amalanaadhipiran...after reading your quotes...in the same way...I am going to start reading, Periazhwar's paasurams..one by one..
    This episode is a mixture of all the commotions that take place while running a website like this..

sriniketan

7. kripa shankari

kripa shankari New IL'ite

i better give u a detailed fb b4 ur episode 13
    well when i said interactions between the moderators i never dreamt of such an ego clash.
    i want to relate a personal incident.
    this is about a friend or rather an ex roommate of my mother in her college days.
    they were very close.
    well after marriage they kept in touch.
    my mom met her recently .she was very happy
    after a point of time she began asking for donations for her school.
    mom also gave in.
    next she started about starting an endowment.
    mom was devastated that the lady had started using her for her purposes.
    friendship should be unsoiled by money.
    vaishali's case is similar.
    it also has a bit of ego,praise going to the head.
    well well any one who has a daughter (now i hav 2)is bound to feel ur way.
    the paasuram set me thinking.
    i almost cried .
    then i told myself god is always there,he i am sure knows what he is doing
    when i told my mother this,she said now u know what i went through when i got u married.
    the wait in the it office is as u and i know....he..he..he.
    i wish they would send someone like kg to chennai
    saami varam koduthalum sila samayam poosari varam kudukathu.
    we would hav got an order.
    but the assistant has to type it.....
    waiting for ur epi 13

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  8. varalotti

Dear Mol,

Two things made me very happy. Your shifting from Sir to Sri. The change is just one letter but means a lot to me.

And the second is your saying that you are back home, this forum,I mean. To consider this forum as home.. what more can I ask for, Mol?

I am bowled over by these words and for a moment I was even tempted to claim them rightfully as my own. But being an accountant (and being Indhu's DH and Preethi's Dad) is the greatest reality check I have. Applying that check,let me just say this, Mol. There is so much of love in my writings because all of you pour so much love for me. My writings try to feebly capture a small portion of it.

The comment I had for the previous episode was that it was going in circles. So I accelerated the pace and increased the height of the craft. We are now cruising at an altitude of 45000 sq feet about MSL. And we need to reach further heights. Just check whether your seat belts are fastened.
    Thanks for the words of praise.

My characters do have different behavioural traits, no doubt. But the real life characters that our Induslady has met, have a richer range of such traits. In hind sight these traits look interesting. But while actually dealing with them some of them cause real pain.

thanks a ton, Mol. I am dedicating this serial to Malathy and all the moderators of IL who are working ceaselessly to make us experience a unique kind of virtual love.
    Stay tuned, Mol. 13 as the number indicates will be even more frightening.
    love,
    sri

9. varalotti

Sriniketan,
    Never mind the delay. That Periazhwar's paasuram is a very poignant one. I heard a scholar talking about that. He told me that a great Tamil scholar when he was first exposed to this Paasuram told an audience of a few thousand people, that there is nothing even remotely equal to expressing the mind of a father. And that too when the daughter is the Goddess Herself and the son-in-law is the Great Lord Himself.
    I would suggest that you start with Pallandu. That's the starting point for all of us. In fact when I went to a teacher to learn Thiruvaimozhi by Nammazhwar, the teacher started with Pallandu, then went on to Kanninun Siruthambu before starting with my syllabus.

It is going to be worse in the next episode.

Stay tuned,
    sridhar

10. smileypooja

smileypooja Senior IL'ite

Dear Vara,

Just now i finished reading your episode....Im really sorry as i cant post a detailed fb this moment as its the month end there is lots of work to finish...but,i am still happy i could finish reading your whole story ..so that peacefully i can sleep today and send a fb tommorow.

Gripping episode :thumbsupmust say !! every minute i felt i must stop here and read later i became more curious to know what would have happened next...and landed up reading the story at one go..

Pooja.