1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love - A Short Story

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Caide, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

Hi friends,:hello: Its my second short story though it may look usual one hope you guys like it :relaxed::relaxed:

“Bye Mom. Be careful while cooking and particularly take phone with you whenever you go out ok.”

“Bye Dad. Take your tablets properly. Don’t wake Mom to serve your lunch” after her usual warning to her parents finally Aadhira left for her work.

Aadhira, 26, has similar characteristics as if like our neighborhood girls. But she has some unique come funny characters in her. Unique in the sense, she loves to talk but never get close to anyone. People share their personal with her but she never shares hers. It is really hard to make her trust you. She is kind of person who shows love and anger to great extreme if she love you. Like … she likes all but love... she love only her family and your boundary is till that point (like).

Enough of her unique character as she has lot in her which even people think they are her close friends are unaware of then how can I know???

Coming to her funny character….. She walks with gaze looking straight. You might all think you do same. But madam is different, she only checks pits, stones (all kind of hurdles) on the road and as calculator, calculates where to step her foot so that she can walk fast/ drive fast and reach destination. I know its common among people but madamji lots of time didn’t even notice her father waving to her if they had a chance to pass by. More interesting part is with this character, she will be very cautious. Though she keeps her gaze straight if she sees shadow or vehicles nearing her she moves to some extend giving them way.

As usual with her usual gaze and speed she took a left turn and still 5 minutes more to reach her bus stop. She saw a shadow nearing her which made her move. But who knows that shadow will come and stand in front of her blocking her way.

Thinking it as one among hurdle, Aadhira moved front but hurdle should let her go particularly if it is a man doing it with a purpose. He blocked her way again which made her to look at him. Unlike some, Aadhira has a mannerism of looking people straight at their eyes which is taught to her by her zoology mam.

“Look at people eyes and talk. This will never let them scroll you for more than a minute” this is what her mam said and she do following it as she found it true.

“Hi Aadhira, I am Ajay.” He smiled at her expecting a little twist may occur in her lips. What a waste of energy she has to react for that in first case.

“So?”

“Hmm.. sorry I should have introduced myself properly. I am joining in your office today in finance department need your last year pay details”(ahh… bad . Learn to talk. New joinee?? Office?? Pay details?? To get that he came to her house and now blocking her path???)

“You can get it when I reach office. For that you have move first if you really need it. ” He stood there with a smile which made her to move past him.

When she reached office it’s almost her shift begin time and she forgot about Ajay.

Next day,

“Hi Aadhira. This is our new joinee, Ajay. Though he is new he has 6 years’ experience so he is your senior by profession. ”

Aadhira “Hi sir”

Ajay “Can you give me your document?”

Aadhira’s mind voice “Humiliation humiliation utter humiliation cha”

Evening at Aadhira’s house:

“Aadhira, a guy’s birth chart has come. This matches perfectly with yours. I thought to ask them come when they prefer. What do you think??” said Aadhira’s father

“Dad, I have already told you. Just say me day and time in prior so that I can schedule timings. ”

Next day in office, “Hi Aadhira. It’s my daughter’s birthday tomorrow. It’s going to be a little party followed by dinner. Please attend it. Bye have to invite others too”

Aadhira checked invitation for time “Aadhira, D/o Ajay……. Time: 06:00pm”

[Ahh so he is not hero.. How long have to wait?]

“Dad I ..m g….n… …o ..a b..ir..thday…avav. Tomorrow” with mouth full of her favourite Jamun madamji is explaining her plan to her dad.

“Oi.. Foodie… Eat first then speak. Can’t understand a word.” said her mom.

“I am going to a birthday party day after tomorrow” said Aadhira yelling in top of her voice.

“What? I should have informed you before. Day after tomorrow from that boy’s side people are coming to see you. So, say to them you can’t come” said her father.

“Ok ok Dad. I will inform them. Ok Mom come with me. Dad give me money” said Aadhira with a wicked smile.

“Eh What is that smile on your face. Don’t ask me to come with you to parlor. Last month you had facial right?” [Mommy’s are always same.]

“Mom that’s last this is this month don’t you want me to look good day after tomorrow??”

“See that look her face aadhira’s dad. What to do come let’s go” said Aadhira’s mom pretending to be angry.

In parlor,

“Mom do I need a haircut too?” [hmm.. knew what mom going to say still try her best.]

“No need already half of your hair is gone now you are preferring hair cut??” [ohh is that bloodshed eyes ]

“Ok ok mom. Don’t rotate your teacup size eyes like that” said Aadhira with a smile

[Teacup??? New ideas have to use it somewhere]

Next day at office Aadhira informed Ajay that she can’t come and apologized for attending.

Day of Girl seeing ceremony:

“Hey Aadhira what are you doing still go take bath… hey take that powder don’t take shampoo… Aadhira’s dad, go and buy some sugar” Aadhira’s mom’s legs were spinning that day taking care of whole thing washing this and that again and again.

Totally a group of 10 people crowded the house. One touched Aadhira’s hair asked if it is real or not. Another checked the house. Wait nothing like that happened so rewind.

Guy and his parents along with an extra couple came. Aadhira served them coffee and she was asked to sit near the guy.

All had little chat about both families situation, status, Number of people in family etc., Finally I think can say Bride and Groom now are asked to talk with each other.

Aadhira headed the way to first floor and the guy followed her.

“Hi I am Pranav.” Guy no Pranav started the conversation.

[Don’t think Aadhira hesitated to talk. The moment they entered the hall hero started to talk]

“I am Aadhira. We both know our personal details. So can I ask some questions?”

[Super. This is how it has to be.]

“Questions.. Show some courtesy on me and ask easy question” said Pranav with a bright smile.

“It won’t be tough but I want you to be straight forward and be truthful” said Aadhira with little shyness. [Finally that too little shy hmmm…]

Aadhira: Do you smoke or drink?

Pranav: No

Aadhira: Are you or were you in love with someone?

Pranav: No

Aadhira: Food habits?

Pranav: Both veg and Non-Veg

Aadhira: Do you like me? [Too frank madam ji]

Pranav: Yes

Aadhira: Then if they set marriage for us, I will take loan for marriage of about 7 lakhs is that ok? Think and say and shouldn’t change your words later.

Pranav: No problem. Your salary.. Your money. I won’t interfere. We going to support and have to support “our” family financially so I won’t stop you.

Aadhira: I have some health issues.

Pranav: If get health issues after “our” marriage then will you leave me?

Aadhira: No how can i?

Pranav: Then how can I do that now? Look I decided I like you. If you have issues now or then I will take care.

Aadhira: All say and talk like this before marriage.

Pranav: I mean it. If I say anything in future, repeat the words I told you just now and give a bang on my head. Look Aadhira all have issues after marriage and take time to adjust too still somehow I know we can come of it. Ok?

Aadhira: ok. Now you can ask me questions.

Pranav: I don’t have any questions to ask you.

Aadhira: Why?

Pranav: I don’t want your past. I want your future with me.

Aadhira: Still, I have something to say.

Pranav: Your love story? I know about it so don’t worry.

Aadhira for first time looked Pranav properly and seemed to have remember him from somewhere.

Pranav: Aadhira, Siva told me everything about your love it’s not your mistake.

Siva, Aadhira’s best friend from childhood only one other than family who she was close to. Yeah was close to. Both were close till her college third year. When Aadhira was in first year of college, a guy proposed her and after 3 months only Aadhira accepted his proposal. She was not aware of his playboy character since he was truthful for only those three months to make her fall for him. From one month after her acceptance he was fine. Three months later he broke up with her saying he is in love with someone else. Aadhira neither cried nor pleaded for love. She felt really bad because she really loved him but when he is saying he is love with someone else its waste to grab his feet. She cried for days but realized it waste to cry for someone who doesn’t worth it. Siva knew all this.

Aadhira felt bad when her classmate asked about her love story and family matters to her. That moment she realized that Siva back stabbed her unlike others she just sent her a message stating not to contact her for so and so reasons. Though Siva tried to explain Aadhira didn’t listen at all.

Siva came directly to Aadhira’s house which made Aadhira go crazy because she don’t want to her parents to hear them, even though they know all issues of her love story. She just don’t want to them to know she shared her family personal with Siva. But no use Aadhira was adamant and Siva had no other way but to leave. It was Pranav who came to pick Siva that day, her cousin brother. Aadhira barely saw his face that day and it’s been 4 years since she met Siva.

“So, you came here to console me so that your sis can talk with me?? Wow.. brother’s love for sister?? You are even ready to marry me for that? wow” said Aadhira with full of hatred in her voice.

“I thought you are genius but…” there was a broad smile in Pranav’s face and Aadhira was quite confused and angered by his gesture.

“Get up. I don’t want to talk with you anymore. ” saying this Aadhira walked past Pranav and stood in front of the outdoor facing outside.

Pranav “Wait. I didn’t finish yet” still sitting on the chair.

Aadhira “I think there is nothing more to talk and you no need to burden yourself I myself will break this marriage talk”

Pranav ”Aadhira come and sit I said please”

Aadhira can sense anger in his voice.

Aadhira”This ordering thing keep it to yourself. I am not going to get scared of all this. You are not villain and I am not heroine like movies to get scared of understand. You better understand.”

Pranav ”why don’t you give five minutes for me to explain?”

Aadhira”Listen Pranav sir. Five minutes or Ten minutes it won’t going to make any difference so let’s wind up here and please leave”

“Shut up Aadhira. Enough is enough” though his voice sounded low there was something which made Aadhira to look back.

Pranav was standing right in front of her and she dint realize when he moved.

“What? You can’t wait for Five minutes? I am waiting for you for 8 years you fool. Do you know how I might feel?? All this because of your stupid love you fool. What? Oh I said fool and you are getting angry?? Ya right I shouldn’t have called you fool I must call myself fool. Why since you are 4 years younger and you were doing your college and me myself try to settle all these made to think to wait for three more years to ask your father for your hand and propose you. But what happened, you fell in love with that guy. I don’t know how all good girls fall only for bad guys before marriage. I shouldn’t say all how you fall in love with him.”

Aadhira was so shocked that she tried hard to listen carefully. She has heard a lot about Pranav from Siva but had never met him.

“I thought not to propose you when you broke up with that guy. You won’t accept for sure as far as I know you.. you might have slapped me at that time if I had done that ” even at that time a smile popped out in both of their faces.

Pranav: “Sit Aaru please da.”

Aadhira: “Hmm.. Say what is this all about?”

Pranav: “I realized that you don’t remember me from the way your parents asked us to come and see you. But I am glad that you remember me now. ”

Aadhira: “Continue with what you are saying before”

Pranav: “Actually I started to fall for you all thanks to Siva. She always kept talking about you which made listen to her more and more. At first I thought it’s just two kids play but later I became a part of you girls play. I used to drop Siva just to get a glimpse of you. But you never noticed me nor anyone which made to see you more. Before Siva start to talk about you I started to talk since she always talks about you maybe I think she might have not got an idea that I was in love with you. I waited to propose you till you complete your college. But something else happened and I went abroad. I just returned to our hometown. Siva said you shifted her and have no contact either. Glad that you both had mutual friends and here I am sitting in front you explaining all this.”

Aadhira:”What if I don’t believe you?” [uff seriously????]

Pranav: “What?”

Aadhira: “How can I believe that this is all true?”

Pranav:”Ok. Why don’t you call Ajay?”

Aadhira: “Ajay ?? My colleague?”

Pranav: “He is the one who found you first. My best friend.”

Pranav showed a pic of her which he kept in his wallet for long time. Love you see. It was her college symposium pic. Since she had fought with Siva had no idea she conducted an event in that. Means, Pranav attended that function. Aadhira couldn’t believe her eyes and Pranav who is sitting in front of her.

Pranav: Though I was reluctant in avoiding you, I can’t stay away so I came now and then to see you. Sorry that I have taken this without your permission but you looked cute in that red saree. And what is this where is my old chubby girl you look thin now I liked the old chubby you.

Though she liked the way he talked she still had some doubts.

Aadhira:”you are elder than me then how did you enter my college without college id particularly how come symposium floor?”

Pranav:”Aadhira.. ohh… ok ok have to explain all this today and should end this today can’t wait any longer that too when you are right in front of me I don’t want to miss the chance. You remember the guy who won speech prize I am his guardian from orphanage so came there through authority people. As well for personal reason to see you personally but what is the use when you don’t remember nor looked at me. Now all your doubts are clear??”

Adhere: “Yes”

Parana: “So?”

Adhere: ”Hmm?”

Parana: “Have to do lots of preparation. Next week and next month perfect days are coming for engagement and marriage but you are sitting here asking questions. Get up have to book Mahan lots of work to do.”

Adhere: “Hey .. What next month? What are you talking about?”

Parana: “I have already discussed with our parents. They know everything except you. Oh don’t look like that sunshine [sunshine?? There there he knows how to sweep her of her feet] I just wanted to say to personally it’s not their mistake.”

Aadhira: “What about Siva?”

Pranav: “Look Aadhira. I am not going to say what Siva did was right. It’s you guys personal I won’t interfere. Since I love both my cousin sister and you I don’t want you guys to fight holding your hairs ok. I know you guys wont still I am pleading you both.” There was a smile in Pranav face and great relief.

Aadhira:”Don’t act smart. I can understand that if I marry you I have to talk with Siva.”

Pranav: “Oh sorry my Queen I know you are intelligent but never knew you are this intelligent”

Aadhira: “Anyways all decided everything then why to ask me?”

Pranav: “why can’t you say you are ready for marriage directly?”

[yeah yeah ask her that’s my boy]

Aadhira: “Let’s go down all are waiting for us.”

Pranav: “Finally you realized??”

Aadhira: “Aee… PODA”

Pranav: “Oi I am elder to you give respect take respect”

“I won’t expect respect from you run.” When she was about to run Pranav held her hands and said “I want to talk with you about something”

There was a sudden change in his facial expression which made Aadhira to even move his hand which is on hers.

Aadhira: “What happened Pranav?”

[Clean bowled… Pranav? Did she forget what he just said about give respect and take respect?]

Pranav: “This is the first time you called me by my name Aaru.”

[Very good. Glad that he is treating her equally.]

Aadhira: “Say what happened?”

Pranav: “I want our family to stay together. You, me, my parents and your parents all in same house whether it is yours or mine it doesn’t matter.”

Aadhira: “Pranav.. this .. this … I”

Aadhira was stammering trying to explain herself. Pranav pressed her wrist little bit for her to control her emotions.

Pranav: “I know this is your wish. And I respect it Aadhira. I heard this from Siva and I am very proud of you. We both are working let’s take care of them together.”

Aadhira hugged him and he can feel his shirt getting wet. He understood her feel and dint stop her either.

A new story going to start for them and also for Aadhira with Siva lets wish them live happily ever after.

2. leenarajaryan

leenarajaryan Silver IL'ite

Good one Caide Superlike. But this Adhira seems to be very rigid. anyways the end was good..
    Hope all mens were like Pranav atleast the caring part.

Caide likes this.
  3. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

hehe ya very rigid i think but not bad either has self respect a lot i think :D oh its my story :D then yeah so pride plus self respect you see but not bad either fromthe way she care for others since its short story i dint elobrate much may be thsta y her character luks rigid and thanks for comment you are the first to comment thanks for spending your time on this hope i didnt disappoint you :D yeah hope i fall for someone like him :D wish me luck :D

leenarajaryan and vaidehi71 like this.
  4. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    That's a real nice story. It's better to make things clearer before marriage. Liked it.
    Wish you good luck for your future.
    Take care,
    Vaidehi

Caide likes this.
  5. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

That was a different look to a story. Liked the way Adhira's character was penned. If men are like Pranav, no women will deny marriage and life would be very colourful. Wish and pray that you share your future life with a person like Pranav. All the best.

Caide likes this.
  6. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

yeah in story making things clear is all better i hope the same in real life too but in real life some may not understand :D

vaidehi71 likes this.
  7. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

thanks you :D yeah i like her character too :D hmm there are rare Pranav's in our society now lets see how things turn out in future :D thank you very much for your prayer though i dont pray i hop to get a person like him :D

vaidehi71 and sreeram like this.