1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love … Love... Love

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jskls, Feb 14, 2019.

1. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

This is not a typical snippet. there may just be questions and no answers. Will leave it to one’s introspection and if possible some funny responses too.

Love is in the air! It is everywhere around you. Pretty Pink roses smile at me on this lovely morning. Nice BGM of 96 movie started playing in my mind. Kaathale kaathale thani perun thunaiye kooda vaa kooda vaa pothum pothum …( Love the big lifetime aid just walk with me travel with me that is enough) !

What is Love? Is it just an emotion or a feeling that is brought out by that special someone! Is that the butterfly flutter or the sense of fast heart beat that races to find words to that unique feeling. Is it that feeling of being together with that special one in mind where no other thoughts can exist? Is it that bonding that you hold close to the heart and caress like a child. Is it that twinkle in the corner of the eye when you see the loved one in a big crowd. Is it that feeling of losing oneself completely with no sense to time or space. All these moments can probably happen at any point in life be it with your love of the life or one’s own parents or one’s own child or the omnipresent or the pet one adores or even with a good friend.

What happens when this person who evoked that wonderful feeling is no longer a part of one’s life? Is it even possible to fall out of love with them? Will the love cease to exist or would it just go dormant? Will it find another source to express? Will not the thoughts of the person linger in the mind? Will the love exist beyond the physical realm? If Yes, the love within us always existed. Someone or something was just a tool in bringing that emotion outside. Happiness was within and somebody’s presence brought out that happiness from within. Their presence made one feel the unity even if it was for a moment soulfully.

How do we not be dependent on that someone to feel the love that always existed within? Why cannot the same love be extended to all different relations this world provides be it animate or inanimate? Why should one’s happiness depend on the expression on that special someone’s love alone? Too many questions and I have no answers.

Let me get back to my Anthaathi song ...
    Kaathale kaathale vaazhvin neelam kooda vaa pogalaam nee …
    Oh my Love! Just travel with me to the length of my life will you?

Happy Valentines day folks

signature, Rihana, kaniths and 7 others like this.

2. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Happy valentines day @jskls.
    Love is me , Love is you , and love is everything.

jskls and periamma like this.
  3. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Happy Valentine’s Day @jskls.
    This is possible only when we realise our happiness lies within ourselves. Only when we depend on others for our happiness we will end up in pain.
    Saying tat is easy, but following this is very difficult and takes time.
    I have the same doubt and know the answer too, but reaching to tat stage is wat which is taking lot of time. Today morning I was reading all Self Love quotes for inspiration.

Lastly I love tat song from 96. Very melodious :blush:

jskls, periamma and Lalithambigai like this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Lakshmi,

Here is the five minute meditation text that I shared with the children to practice "Love all; serve all".

"You close your eyes and focus your attention to the place between your eyebrows. Assume there is a spiritual heart that resides within you. Imagine that it is a fountain that can spray plenty of love but restrained by your mind that is focused on self. Now your single most objective is to remove the restrain and make the fountain function spraying plenty of water to the saplings that are planted by the Lord of the Universe around you. Imagine that your mind is firmly placed on top of your spiritual heart and is completely rusted. You have to find a good tool that can remove that restrain. You found intellect as the correct tool that can unlock the mind. You also need to apply grease in the form of good spiritual disciplines to make the mind unlock quickly. When you do all of that, slowly the mind unlocks and suddenly, you notice that the love flows and sprays all over those wonderful saplings that are planted around you by the Lord of the Universe. They grow nicely and started yielding fruits. It makes you feel happy that you contributed to the growth of the saplings. Now you slowly open your eyes and feel relieved that a free flow of love has begun and now there is no restrain on your spiritual heart."

jskls likes this.
  5. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@jskls Lovely snippet with many questions.
    i remember a movie song in Tamil
    NEE VARUVAAI ENA NAAN IRUNTHEN
    EAN MARANTHAAI ENA NAAN ARIYEN

jskls likes this.
  6. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Lakshmi @jskls,

Love is an essential, elusive, transient emotion. Everyone feels it but only some get to relish it to its fullest in its pristine form and for most others it is a compromise/ self created because it serves some purposes...More than the romantic love, maybe the other forms of love are more genuine and natural. I don't know if my expression is right; it is a jumble!

jskls likes this.
  7. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Different folks different strokes.
    The first thought that came to mind when I read the title was "Ah jskls has written about tennis!"

It was only while going through the article I realized yesterday was Valentines day. This says all about how we observe V-day :)

What is love? Hmm... can be answered scientifically, or philosophically, but still elusive to capture the exact emotion in words.
    We can only experience it, not describe it.
    It is like seeing a beautiful flower, or a magnificent scenery, or watching the total solar eclipse live, or the wrenching pain.

We can still love a person even if the love is not reciprocated.

The fundamental seed of love is trust. The trust we place in that person.
    Trust is the most difficult thing to build and the easiest to be destroyed.

When that trust is broken we cease to love.

My two cents

jskls likes this.
  8. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Jskls,

The self-definition of love in my life has transformed drastically since my college days of tender emotion to a coot's fulfilling emotion. I was as confused as everyone on what indicates and constitutes a smitten state. I have often looked back on that girl of sentimental and devoted and Karan Johar-styled outpoured love and how much she has been influenced in her conditioning about love more than her necessity for love. Do I need emotional reinforcement? No, I enjoy resolving my emotional crisis singularly like playing a Rubik's cube (no two players mangle the same cube). Do I fear solitude? No, I hate to indulge in documentaries with another person breathing around me. Do I crave stirring connects like 'empathy' and 'compassion' and 'gratification' from him? No, I might have to look them up in dictionary in an argument.

Despite all this, do I thrive in companionship? I do.

The self-definition of love is so personal that a lot struggle to form that self-definition through suitability (this suits me) over verifiability (this is recognized form of love).

During one of my India visits, I happened to hear this song:

It struck me, unlike the time-honored and impressionable bounds of being in love, to me, being in love is allowing the other person to transform me by saturating me with more of his qualities than my own. Your impressive traits have crept into me and displaced mine!

I don't harbor lofty definitions of love.

If the other person has affected and charmed to transform me radically from my constricted self, then I am in love! That's my uncomplicated affirmation of love.

Incidentally, the title of the serial (Kuch Pyar Rang Ke Aise Bhi), which bears the song, too resonates with my grasp of love. (There are all those vibrant colors of love and then my personalized shade of love.)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    jskls likes this.
  9. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Laks,

I believe my take on ‘Love’ has changed with time and age :smiley:. I simply like to believe that Love is everything and sometimes nothing too ;). I try not to ponder too much into it rather prefer going with the flow :D.

Btw, isn’t 96 one hell of a movie now. I love the songs....and everything about it.

jskls likes this.
  10. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Your title reminds me of Pyar, pyar, pyar from Padosan

jskls likes this.