Lost :(

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by Dolfin, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Dolfin

Dolfin Senior IL'ite

HI All

we recently moved to toronto and hav a happy life here. Few months back we found out that i am pregnant and thgs are all fine, but cant help thking about going back. My husband thks that it is coz of the initial pragnancy troubles and my such feeling will go away. But i feel otherwise. I kw that this is a lovely country and thgs like the health care and all we will never get it back home but i miss the warmth i miss everythg, I miss family. I kw that incase they need us or a emergancy we will be there, but it is not just about that. i want to be able to meet my parents when i miss them or when there is a happy sad moment even if it is for 4 days or somethg. here it is not the same. if i call my parents or in laws it has to be for months which is nice for me but not for them. if we plan a visit to india it has to be again planned. i feel like is it worth it, i kw living here or going back both have trade offs but still .....am i the only one feeling this. we cant move atleast for the next 2~3 years but i feel we should move back as soon as that period is over...help guys....am i right in feeling this way

2. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

I think you are going through prenatal depression .... try to relax and do medidation and yoga during pregnancy .. socialize more with frds and interact with your family more oftenly ... this will divert your thinking to something else ... also you can join some short courses like cookery classes ,crochet classes and art classes to divert your mind .... i sailed in the same boat but i came over it easily within three weeks as i started to do yoga and joined crochet classes ...

3. Anikha

Anikha Silver IL'ite

Hi Dolfin,

I have been living in U.S. for more than a decade. It is very common to feel "Lost" , when you move to a new place. When , I first moved to this country , I had no friends , no relatives , not even a work permit with two young kids. Only my husband was working , it was not a great money in those days.I couldn't even call my parents back in India that often , due to high international phone charges then.

Yet , I survived , I used to read my kids school books, eventually , got a library card, started checking out some good books . Things were tough then , a lot easier now, you see a lot of Indians now,when you go out.

So , do not worry too much , take it as an opportunity to explore new place & culture.

1. Get a library card. Check out some nice books , which interest you .
    2. Take a walk out in the complex where you live.
    ( I went to an Indian door knocking , to introduce myself )
    3. Introduce your self to neighbors .
    ( I met a nice Pakistani lady, and a Syrian Lady at my first apartment in U.S.)
    4. Share some of your recipes with your husband's colleagues. You will earn some goodwill.

5. Go to temple or do Yoga ( there are videos on YOUTUBE) .

6.. most important thing , think & stay positive.

3 people like this.
  4. vishuni

vishuni Silver IL'ite

Hi Dolfin,

Congratulations!!

I agree with your feelings..it is common to feel to be with parents and loved ones in Pregnency period.

Make yourself busy with some activiteis as suggested by anikha n blessbabydust.

Just think about your kids future and decide when to go to india.

You can moveto india at anytime but you cant move to toronto just like that .You need to consider your husbands career also.

Take a wise decission.All the best!