1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

lost my husband's love because of inlaws war

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Worldtraveller, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Worldtraveller

Worldtraveller Junior IL'ite

I'm writing this as I feel very sad in my current situation. Even being so educated, earning well and getting married in an educated family , I have been emotionally torm away .
    It all started 9 years back and it took me almost a year to realize my husband's nature and ofcourse my cunning, very smart/educated MIL.

One thing that I have learned now from my MIL ( BE VERY NICE TO dil IN FRONT OF SON , NO MATTER HOW YOU DECIDE TO TREAT THEM ON THEIR BACK)

Why to blame my mil alone, my husband failed in the marriage too..he has always kept his parents on top of everything.

even after so much emotional torture of inlaws, my husband is not talking to me . He did agree on all what his family has done, but he blames me for getting angry and not talking to him nicely and is angry now with me. he did not get angry with inlaws even once and make sure he calls them but with me he is showing his discontent. I know most of you will say to ignore and leave it. But i really feel so sad, I dnt even feel like going to him and asking him to talk to me...

i feel very sad that he behaves this with me and is so ncie to everyone else...the thought that i'm a secdond person in his life is just killing me..even after facing so much stress from my inlaws ,s till talking to them nicely he has distant me and feel that i'm not respectful to him as I get angry after all this and make a deal out of it.he fails to understand that I get angry mainly because he is not understanding, I have no support of him and that's why I loose my temper .Now i feel like, all he cares is for his parents to be happy no matter what they do or how wrong they are, and its ok for him if I'm not happy .This is the situation with most of you here and all of you say to ignore, but it is getting so hard me to ignore and be nice to him. This thought that I'm living with someone for whom his parents happiness is above all is just killing me. Ofcourse he should make his parents happy, but not for the sake of wife, not that they should cause so much stress to me and expect me to suffer for the sake of his parents and so called artificial family...

3 people like this.

2. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

Time and again, I am noticing that there are many wives that has too much dependency on their respective husbands for any kind of happiness. If DH does not agree to come with the wife for shopping, then the wife is believing that life is doomed etc. NO. Please don't think so. You are an educated woman that seems to have a good career for yourself. Please don't rely on your spouse for 100% of happiness.

For your DH, his parents come first and you are next. That's what he is telling. Does it show in his actions? Does he expect you to do unreasonable things or does he just want you to call them once in a while and talk? Do you live with your in-laws? I really hope you are not.

1 person likes this.
  3. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Yes perfect..Atleast you realize many are going through this..

Trust me , in India 99% of women go through this...

Men support there parents no matter what, though he sees
    they are wrong, he wont agree it in front of you.... Nor hate
    or question them for that... This is FACT......

Now how to overcome this ???

First thing stop giving too much importance to your dh...
    (more you show you miss him, he tries hard to get)

Spend more time for urself, show him that you are happy by urself.
    (Read books, watch movies, go for a facial, talk to your friends)

STOP criticzing or bringing past about his parents.....
    (He will be ready to start defending them and fite you)

If PIL topic comes be neutral, never be too good or speak bad of them.
    (Once he sees you are not talking ill of them, he will see you as a great
    person who forgot/forgave them)

When you feel he is coming around, instead of giving hard time,
    (creating demand) be good to him...

Appreciate when he does small things you liked, talk about how
    much you love him(never say u liked him so much but he hurted u)

Cook his favourites, arrange for romantic dinners and movies....

I did this, things worked out for me...Hope it helps you..

1 person likes this.
  4. ppriya182010

ppriya182010 Gold IL'ite

OP, I saw you have started 5 threads in 2 months, and all about your DH siding with inlaws.

Sometimes we start thinking how we are neglected and try to consol, but then this negative feeling will keep spiralling around us like some web and the negativity never leaves us. When it happens, everything seems to be bad around us and even the smallest things will be magnified. Maybe you are stuck in this negativity web.

Please calm yourself. I suppose you work, if so concentrate on your job more. If you have kids, plan more activities with them and try to keep yourself super busy. Increase your social circle, make new friends. Just call your inlaws, say Hi, Bye and say you are busy. If they start scolding/hurtful words, just say I dont have time right now, will call back. If your DH starts his tirade, just tell him you are busy with work,kids,home,etc. Try to avoid them for some days. Imagine yourself as some single mom and do everything. When you avoid them, they will realize how much they miss you. It worked for me. My DH never supported me ever. Even now he doesn't, but he stopped blaming me for everything, as I avoided all these dramas for a while. And my DH missed me so much and our relationship has improved since. Even with my inlaws, atleast we are in talking terms now, just cordial.

3 people like this.
  5. Endlesshope

Endlesshope Platinum IL'ite

World Traveller now stop being stuck at the usual ILaws land and move on and travel , see what more the world has to offer.

1 person likes this.
  6. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Well now that you've realized he's treating you secondary, can you pls reciprocate?
    Leave your H for everything else thats keeping you busy and happy.

Not all marriages are meant for total husband wife... love, support and understanding... some are meant to be bad and platonic for others to cheer and be happy for themselves.

Eventually he's the one who shall be loosing your love due to HIS parents. A hard reality, but look at the brighter side, you can concentrate on your career and kids when a lot of women submerged with love and gratitude of partner and kids take a step back and be at home for emotional fulfillment.... you're made to achieve other heights if nor relationship and esp marriage....
    Don't IGNORE whats happening with you, but use this energy to generate a positive growth in your life.

I understand your botheration and desperation to have a perfect HAPPY LOVing married life, however its a both way street and for some ppl a strong obstruction is present to enjoy it fully, you can break your energies on brooding over the blockage or leave this road and find another that gives you happiness.

3 people like this.
  7. 123thirumala

123thirumala Silver IL'ite

u do the same on ur husbands back behave as u dont know anything(innocent)
    these type of inlaws need tit for tat treatment otherwise they wont change at all,they will emotionally trap their sons,with crocodile tears.