1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Losing a loved one is very tough

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Mar 16, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Losing a loved one is very tough on the ones left behind. They go through a lot of emotions; sadness, grief and anguish. It is very important to remember that our loved ones will always live in our memories and our hearts.

When a woman loses her husband it is very difficult because she cant take part in the rituals. She never likes to attend for any function because of that. Sometimes people also hurt her with their words

Yesterday I visited one friend who had lost her husband sometime back. He was sick for a long time. They had gone to a rented house as their house was to be renovated. From the time they went to the rented house her husband was not well. He is above 70 and due to his health problems my friend had to take care of him. He could not remember anything. She is also having health problems and is not able to walk without support. Still she took good care of him . I was feeling very sad for her because if she was independent then no problem. Now a days all are busy in their own work and it is difficult to take care of another person.

During the day I got a call from another friend who had lost her husband suddenly because of heart attack last year. Though she is staying with her son , dil and grand daughter she was feeling sad that her husband left her suddenly. She did not know anything about the outside world and used to keep herself busy at home doing the house work, most of the time reading spiritual books . Her husband used to take care of everything . So she had no worry. Now since he is not there she misses him a lot though her children are very loving and take care of her.

There is a seemantham in her family but she was saying she wont be attending because she cant take part in the rituals and everyone will be reminding her of her husband though she never forgets him.

Atleast in this modern world the women who lost their husband are able to go out and put tickli. Some dont like to dress up also but some take it easy as they understand that death can come anytime.

Feel sad for those women who have lost their husband Life is full of problems, and we need to deal with them. . There are lots of good things we can focus on. Instead of "catching people being bad," catch them being good. Make your words a fountain of life. Be a positive person. Encourage one another.

Time takes it all, whether you want it to or not. Time takes it all, time bears it away, and in the end there is only darkness. Sometimes we find others in that darkness, and sometimes we lose them there again.

- Stephen King, "The Green Mile" ( ?

pinkydarling and ssudhan like this.

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

It is unbelievable how a woman could be considered as inauspicious just because she lost her husband. It is a situation that she does not control and doesn't want. We need to be compassionate to one that had lost her husband always.

It has happened in our family also. My father died and my mother was considered inauspicious by my sibling's family. Hence she was not allowed to be in the forefront in all their family functions. My wife and I asked her to lead everything in all our functions and we are leading a happy and blessed life to-date. How could a mother be inauspicious?

Viswa

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Viswa dear thank you for the first and only fb so far from the 50views. I dont know why there was no fb for this post. Might be they did not know what to write. Sorry to know about your mother. Good you and your wife are encouraging her. You have got a good wife to support you.

4. kiran82

kiran82 Silver IL'ite

Dear Viji mam,
    I love reading your posts as always. The best line I liked here is "Instead of catching people being bad catch them being good". So very nice. Truly some customs of ours need to change.
    Regards,
    Kiran