1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lose Weight After Delivery Please Help Me

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by madhu26, Mar 17, 2017.

1. madhu26

madhu26 Junior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,I am madhu. Please help with your suggestions. I delivered baby girl c-section one year back now she is one year one month old. I put on so much weight after that it's about 15 kgs. Now I need to back to my shape I stop breastfeeding also. I can't go out for gym by leaving her because no one to take care of my baby. can anyone suggest good exercise and diet how many calories have to take per day. Is walking is enough? My target is to lose 15 kgs in 6 months because end of year we have vacation. Please help
    Thanks

2. Prishaa

Prishaa Senior IL'ite

Hello Madhu.. Even I had put on some 11 kgs during pregnancy.. Since 2 months I m working on my wt reduction.. Since I breastfeed I could not do anything much.. But just by having ajwain water/jeera water mixed with honey and lemon empty stomach in the morning I managed to loose 6 kgs..

3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi @madhu26 - Welcome to the fitness forums. Here is something for you to read while you go on this journey. @Gauri03 has penned it down beautifully. I agree with all her tips. Just take baby steps, stay consistent and it will happen!

Regarding the amount of calories you need, myfitnesspal is the place to go. The app calculates cals based on your height and current weight. I would put in 1/2kg a week weight loss and follow the cals that MFP suggests.

Walking is a great exercise. There are folks here who do only Leslie sansone's walks at home to lose weight. Her videos are available on YouTube. You can walk with her at home and burn some cals.

Good Luck. It helps to join some of the monthly threads here. The camaraderie helps.

anika987 and Gauri03 like this.
  4. wasim

wasim New IL'ite

Here Are The 20 Useful Tips For Losing Weight After Pregnancy:
    1. Eat Regular Meals: ...
    2. Smaller Portions And More Number Of Meals
    3. Go For Foods That Are Low In Calorie
    4. Stay Hydrated
    5. Start Exercising
    6. Get Your Sleep
    7. Baby Weight Training
    8. Watch Your Snacking

5. SpritualSoul

SpritualSoul Gold IL'ite

My personal experience in losing weight after delivery is as follows

I EBF my baby for first 6 months, so I always feel hungry so I ended up eating a lot, i least bothered about any calories but made sure i eat healthy foods. I drank lot of milk, loads of fruits, veg soups and salads, i even ate lot of sweets, fries, cakes etc etc.. so end result was i gained 5 kgs after delivery in first 6 months and i was 68 at that time..

After 6 months baby started eating other food along with BF, so I started with some mild exercises, reduced junk foods and sugar intake, but baby refused formula so I continued BF till one year. At the end of one year i reduced 7 kg and reached 61..

So the trick is start with mild excersises, reduce sugar intake and most importantly EBF..Take it in a slow pace..

After 1 year i dint do much excersise bcoz my DS always keeps me busy and running behind him itself is a big workout for me.. i still BF him and he is not taking formula or cow milk... So I strongly belive BF helps in reaching post pregnancy weight soon.

6. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

Hi Madhu
    I will tell you my experience. After the birth of my elder son, I was back to my pre pregnancy weight at around 6 months. I did nothing to lose weight. But I was at my in laws place so I had to be stay active all the time. Taking up stairs about 20 times a day. Plus the breastfeeding. But after 6 months , gradually my weight increased. at about one year I was 8 kg heavier. Then I set a schedule for myself. I would wake up at about 5:30. Would go for a walk for an hour ,would come back at around 7 o clock an then would prepare lunch , breakfast etc. But very soon ?I got bored of walking. So I started jogging. Initially very slowly I jogged for couple of minutes, and then some more. I found that I just love to run. So within two months, I used to run 3-4 km everyday. Also I watched what I was eating. I completely cut down potatoes,rice and sweets from my diet. And used to take very less oil.
    anyway I lost 8 kg within two months. And continued running like this until I got pregnant second time.
    If I can do it, so can you. Just be regular at whatever you do. All the best.
    By the way I am yet to start running this time around. I am 5 kg heavier but breastfeeding younger one hence will wait.

7. penpaal

penpaal Gold IL'ite

I want to reduce my last 10 kgs ... Seems like it is more hard... @fourthaugust I am like you started walking then get bored..
    I want to do it everyday but I make excuse myself.. now my DD is 1 and I am still breastfeeding.. how you motivate yourself to wake up at 5.30. I am working so I have to sit yeah stand in front of computer whole day..

8. vniths

vniths New IL'ite

When I was pregnant I was 72kgs after delivery it gradually decreased if you BF you will loose wt to balance it you need to take healthy foods, after 6 months I started with light exercise you must make sure you eat in small portions,You must take veggies and fruits a lot those are filling but good for health, Avoid junks.you can start exercise at home regularly.if you BF definitely you will be more hungry but you have to take right food.

9. vniths

vniths New IL'ite

Yeah I was also like you I used to go for walking for 2 days and 3rd day I used to feel more sleepy and never tried to awake up again so I switched my walking plan in the evening after I come back from work I had sometime before dinner so I was able to walk in the evening and feel fresh.

penpaal likes this.
  10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Why did you stop breastfeeding?
    As much as your fitness is important,baby comes first.Do not stop breastfeeding just for fitness.

Are you healed completely?Its just been a month..

Start by walking outside or slow walking on treadmill.After three to four months and approval of the doctor start exercising.

NUTRITION IS 80 percent and EXERCISE IS 20 percent.Remember the rule.

Eat healthy and avoid junk food
    Lots of water
    Exercise
    Breastfeeding helps to lose weight
    Get personal training or join a gym
    Do strength training
    Keep a food diary
    Count calories
    Do calorie zig zag
    Binge eating once in two weeks confuses metabolism and aids weight loss
    Eat quality food

Dress according to your body and do not try to squeeze into a dress